Scart Riva Exhaust on 3.2?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2019, 02:24 PM
spreeleon
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Scart Riva Exhaust on 3.2?

Hello Fellas!

i have done some extensive googling and youtubing to look for clips and sounds of Scart Riva exhuast on a 3.2 and only managed to find a handful of vids that werent the best. Does anyone have any experience with Scart riva and can compare with stock exhaust, dansk sport, bb, and m&k?

I currently have the bb one in one out and like it but i always get the itch to change things up. Could use a little more metallic and raspy sounds.

thanks

Last edited by spreeleon; 06-01-2019 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Title change
Old 06-01-2019, 03:58 PM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

try an M&K
Old 06-01-2019, 07:15 PM
spreeleon
Instructor

Originally Posted by r911
try an M&K
Thanks, Ive heard some m&ks on youtube and they dont sound very loud. But people swear by them. The scarts sound nice but they are so expensive.
Old 06-01-2019, 08:43 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by spreeleon
Thanks, Ive heard some m&ks on youtube and they dont sound very loud. But people swear by them. The scarts sound nice but they are so expensive.
I have a Fabspeed cat bypass and duel output exhaust, sound stellar!
Old 06-02-2019, 12:54 AM
Scotty2H
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I have this exhaust plus supersound silencer. If you're in southern Ontario (Canada) more than welcome to hear in person. I still enjoy mine but no reference to compare.

Tried to video but my recording equipment is not up to it. This is best video I have heard. Still missing a lot.

Old 06-02-2019, 02:46 PM
spreeleon
Instructor

Originally Posted by Scotty2H
I have this exhaust plus supersound silencer. If you're in southern Ontario (Canada) more than welcome to hear in person. I still enjoy mine but no reference to compare.

Tried to video but my recording equipment is not up to it. This is best video I have heard. Still missing a lot.

https://youtu.be/IyDII1csE_E
Thanks much for the offer. I would take you up on it but unfortunately im in california. Yeah thats the video ive seen where it sounds very metallic and thats what im looking for. My billy boat is decent, its loud but has a deeper v8 like sound to it and less raspy.
Old 06-02-2019, 04:32 PM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

there should be tons of cars to listen to in Calif.

another issue tho... does the exhaust system reduce hp? does it alter the torque curve? etc. the factory items are of known quality and hp/torque (at least up thru 1973...)

M&K & Monty are known to be proven on engine dynos (not just the nearly worthless road dynos) - I'd guess the Scarts are too based on their reputation

I have a cowhorn Monty - adds no hp but I like the sound, tho it doesn't really do that high pitched wind it out sound of the Scart's I've heard on YouTube
Old 06-02-2019, 05:55 PM
spreeleon
Instructor

Originally Posted by r911
there should be tons of cars to listen to in Calif.

another issue tho... does the exhaust system reduce hp? does it alter the torque curve? etc. the factory items are of known quality and hp/torque (at least up thru 1973...)

M&K & Monty are known to be proven on engine dynos (not just the nearly worthless road dynos) - I'd guess the Scarts are too based on their reputation

I have a cowhorn Monty - adds no hp but I like the sound, tho it doesn't really do that high pitched wind it out sound of the Scart's I've heard on YouTube
Do you have one in one out or two in? Ive heard good thjngs about most mentioned including turbo thomas but it just seems like not that many people own the scarts maybe due to the high price.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:49 AM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

2 in; 2 out cowhorn style - $600 new (but yrs ago)

BTW, an important performance issue not mentioned is the wt. of the muffler - not just for wt. balance but also that wt. acts thru a long moment arm, so affects momentum a lot

M&K may be the lightest
Old 06-03-2019, 11:28 PM
Super90
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Don't know about their street model, but the M&K track muffler on my 1970T 2.2, was just too loud....

I imagine the street model is totally different.
Old 06-04-2019, 12:22 AM
spreeleon
Instructor

Originally Posted by Super90
Don't know about their street model, but the M&K track muffler on my 1970T 2.2, was just too loud....

I imagine the street model is totally different.
I do like loud and would go with a dual in dual out but i live in cali and these smog laws are the pits. Wished there were a way i could run headers and be able to get car registered every two yrs.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:27 AM
danco_
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Send me a DM and I can forward you a video from my phone of a 3.2 Carrera with the SCART muffler. I was racing one around for a week while in the Philippines. I wouldn't get any other exhaust. The Scart exhaust is absolutely perfect.

Best,
Ryan
Old 06-25-2019, 04:46 PM
sithot
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 121 Posts

I have a SCART on my '74 911 2.7 "RS" build. It is undeniably the best sounding muffler I've used and I've owned more than my fair share.

There is an unmistakable "transition" sound this muffler makes which is a resonance howl before wide open throttte. There is no drone off-throttle cruising. It only makes "the noise" when you apply the "loud pedal". The "suck burble" is there on downshifts is there too which is my favorite first sound byte memories from a 911 with a sport exhaust. Copied but never duplicated. (A 934 is still #1)

No doubt the SCART is also one of the prettiest builds.

Arling **** of RSTRADA is my point person and he is a class act. I cannot say enough about how he runs his business. The customer is first and his concern is genuine.

Good luck!

Tom

Last edited by sithot; 06-26-2019 at 04:58 PM.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:41 PM
spreeleon
Instructor

Thank you very much for the info and the lovely picture! I've listened to a ton of different mufflers for the 3.2 and haven't been all that impressed with them. I've already gone through a Dansk sport 70mm and now a Billy Boat one in one out muffler. It's not bad but i feel it's lacking that unique "hollow" rumble and growl sounds I've heard from video clips i've seen of the SCARTs. They are super pricey so I'm trying to make sure I'm 100% sold on this muffler as it will for sure be my last one for this car.

What type of muffler do you have on your SC? how does that one compare to the SCART on your older 911? I know it's very hard to compare because the engines are so different.

thanks again and yes, i've heard nothing but great things about Rstrada and Arling. I will be reaching out to him.
Old 06-26-2019, 02:49 PM
danco_
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BRO JUST DO IT.

I can hold your hand if you'd like.

Quick Reply: Scart Riva Exhaust on 3.2?