SEVENT9 // A YouTube Channel For New 911ers

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 11:46 AM
Daniel J. Kelly
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SEVENT9 // A YouTube Channel For New 911ers

Hi everyone,

I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce you to a new YouTube channel that I am working on about the restoration of my 911. SEVENT9.

www.tinyurl.com/sevent9

I absolutely LOVE the forums here at Pelican and I owe many of you a continued debt of thanks for all of the help and advice that you continue to provide to myself and other newcomers to the world of 911 stewardship. As a new owner coming in to your world I am spending a lot of time figuring things out, making mistakes and trying to find answers to what most of you will find are the most basic of tasks. Because of this I have decided to invest some time in tracking my journey and the small projects I am undertaking on my '79SC for the very first time.

For many of you with experience in these or other cars, with a mechanical background and whom already know their way around an engine then this channel will likely not be for you. But if you are a new owner and, like me, tackling everything for the first time, perhaps there may be some things here that might help you get to things a little quicker than I have been able to myself.

I'll be going over a bit about my 911, purchasing her and getting to grips with projects of various sizes. I'll also run through resources and tools I have found invaluable as a new owner as well as step-by-step videos of installing or repairing various components of this wonderful car.

Regardless of your experience I'd really appreciate a follow and enthusiastically welcome any feedback or questions that you may have.

My gracious thanks to you all for this opportunity to give back a little in my own way to a community that has given so much to me.

Dan

<iframe width="960" height="540" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xjRMP78CdgU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-09-2019, 09:41 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

Good deal Dan. Welcome aboard.
I am also currently restoring/modding a 79 SC. Built a car previously but this is my first Porsche project and am just learning as I go.
Subcribed to the channel and look forward to following along.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:30 PM
sugarwood
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey, I will give you a good tip.

You may feel insecure about your 911 skill set,
since you're the newcomers,
but YouTube is a GHOSTLAND for air cooled 911 DIY videos.

All the current and past owners are not of the video generation.
There are barely even photographs of DIY projects.

Everyone basically uses the Bentley or just learned it decades ago.

My point is, don't feel like you're behind.
There are basically ZERO 911 DIY videos on the internet for new owners
who don't already have decades of experience.

Film hard, and film often, my man...
Nothing is too simple and obvious.
As you know, there is virtually nothing out there.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:30 PM
sugarwood
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Are you using a wireless mic?
If not, invest in one, and more lights.

Quick Reply: SEVENT9 // A YouTube Channel For New 911ers