Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

911 misfit build

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 09:41 PM
JLJ11
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 911 misfit build

So this is a bit of an odd one.. maybe when i write it all down i'll figure out how many different porsches it actually involves.

Here's the plan.....

Chassis: '76 912E
Engine: '87 Carrera 3.2
Gearbox '87 G50
Body: Steel Widebody
Suspension: Elephant Racing / Bilstein
Seats: 996 Hardbacks
Assorted Wevo / Rennline / Carbone

All started as i acquired project off a buddy who was moving away. Already had the drivetrain and steel widebody and in general was aesthetically not to my taste at all.
It was a while ago at this stage so i have pretty bad pictures

At this stage i've pulled the rear lights as they were fully smoked and pretty much ruined beyond repair.

Just to get it somewhat less annoying went with a 964 C2 deck lid to lose the wing that seemed to include chicken wire as part of the construction..
Was pretty scratched with a few dents but for 200 bucks was not complaining

And then painted it black and blasted the wheels and painted them silver. to be honest i have no idea what the wheels are but despite liking the look of them they are extremely heavy and are totally the wrong offset meaning what seems to be 2 25mm spacers in the front.... !!
Ordered some used lights off ebay and got her on the road to see the extent of what else i wanted to do...

Pretty much clear that suspension and brakes were a very weak point so time to go with some minor tweaks to get some handling improvements...

more to follow....

Quick Reply: 911 misfit build