Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Does anyone believe this car has only 33,000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 12:27 PM
iFox
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cairo94507
Yeah.....that car has been rode hard and put away wet. That does not appear to be a 33K mile car to me. Sorry.

J U N K
Old 04-30-2018, 12:35 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,155 Likes on 827 Posts

Originally Posted by iFox
J U N K
id hardly say junk, ( not a time capsule admittedly) , but I think more then a few would jump at it at the right price. If it is an SC I would think that's a 20- 25K car in todays market. Pics of the engine would tell a lot I think. you would need to hold some coin back to fix the obvious stuff, But of course we cant se quality of paint etc. looks to be red paint on door striker so who really knows.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:48 PM
iFox
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
id hardly say junk, ( not a time capsule admittedly) , but I think more then a few would jump at it at the right price. If it is an SC I would think that's a 20- 25K car in todays market. Pics of the engine would tell a lot I think. you would need to hold some coin back to fix the obvious stuff, But of course we cant se quality of paint etc. looks to be red paint on door striker so who really knows.
I guess Is am just more squeamish when it comes to air-cooled P cars that are so NOT what they are being touted as. Now if you are Magnus or the like, then anything is possible, but for me, I will stick to the solid advice of "get the best example you can afford" .

Sher-
Old 04-30-2018, 03:31 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,155 Likes on 827 Posts

Originally Posted by iFox
I guess Is am just more squeamish when it comes to air-cooled P cars that are so NOT what they are being touted as. Now if you are Magnus or the like, then anything is possible, but for me, I will stick to the solid advice of "get the best example you can afford" .

Sher-
as a general rule that is true ... Magnus is overrated. he is a clever marketing guy though.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:59 PM
cool whip
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by theiceman
I was also thinking what if you could buy it for 25 K, or less.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:26 PM
rsteinjann
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out the arm rest wear and sagging. That's a lot of wear for 30K miles unless the driver and passenger were giants.

Quick Reply: Does anyone believe this car has only 33,000 miles