Ordering 991.2 GTS - Indonesia

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 12:37 PM
clutch504
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering 991.2 GTS - Indonesia

Hi Forum Members,

First post for me on this forum. Have really enjoyed going through all the information and knowledge available on the forum.

I am currently in the process of ordering a 991.2 GTS in Jakarta, Indonesia. While a part of me feels it would be better to wait for the 992, I would only be interested in the GTS or above variants, which would only reach us here in Indonesia a year after they are released in the US/Europe. Very much believe in enjoying what I can while I can and hence the decision to move forward with the 991.2 GTS. Only issue coming up with placing the order is the build slot and finalising the build.

1. Build Slot
The dealer here has not been able to lock in a build slot as they tell me that Porsche hasn't released build slots due to a massive backlog of orders. She's estimating that production would only take place in September/October. Appreciate any advice/confirmation that this is indeed the case.

2. Build
Carmine Red
20" Turbo S Wheels
Alcantara Package GTS Carmine Red
GTS interior package
Adaptive Sports Seat Plus (18-way)
PDK
Power Steering Plus
PDCC
SPASM
FAL
RAS
Multifunction Steering incl. heating
Storage net in passenger footwell
Door sill guards in carbon, illuminated

Items I'm unsure about
PCCB - Not sure if this is required since we only have 1 track here which isn't great. Don't think I will be able to track the car very often.
SPASM vs. PASM - Jakarta is not a place with great road quality. Am worried the SPASM will make the car too low. I can compare the road quality to something like New York. I also unsure about ride comfort and hope SPASM is not too firm. I just love the look of the SPASM though.
Rear Footwell Lighting - Not sure if this is useful. I have a 1yr old child so the backseat will be used. Looking for practical advise.
Burmester vs. Bose - Had ordered the Burmester on my Cayenne but wondering if it's overkill for the 911 given the sound of the engines and that as a driver, I would want to hear as much of the enginer/exhaust as I could.
Leather Steering Column Casing - Noticed this to be a very popular option chosen by people on this forum. Wondering why.
ISOFIX in front passenger seat - Does this compromise comfort in any way? Might be useful to have this option even if it won't be used 99% of the time. Appreciate your real-life experience.

Would greatly appreciate your feedback on the build slot and my build as mentioned above. Please feel free to comment on any part of the build, not just the items I'm unsure about.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:59 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

This is the air cooled section for older 911 models. I recommend you post this in the water cooled 991 section for more visibility.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:09 PM
clutch504
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
This is the air cooled section for older 911 models. I recommend you post this in the water cooled 991 section for more visibility.
Oops! Thank you for pointing that out New post at: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1065...l#post14971662

Quick Reply: Ordering 991.2 GTS - Indonesia