Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Recommended Hotel Near Summit Point Race Track?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2002, 08:30 PM
Dan Rufer
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Recommended Hotel Near Summit Point Race Track?

Does anyone have a hotel recommendation near the Summit Point Race Track? Our local club is headed to the track in early May and I figure I'll get reservations ASAP. Thanks. Dan
Old 03-06-2002, 10:23 PM
86TargaWB
8th Gear

Get into Summit Points web page. They have a listing of all accommodations with mile from the track. Have fun.
Old 03-06-2002, 11:09 PM
Chris Martin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There have been some threads on this on the Potomac board as well.

<a href="http://www.pcapotomac.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi" target="_blank">http://www.pcapotomac.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi</a>

Best of Luck

Chris
Old 03-06-2002, 11:33 PM
e911
Instructor

Dan,
Sounds like Riesentoter. First weekend in May. My buddy found out that this weekend happens to be some festival down there - "Apple Blossom" I think. Hotel rooms are hard to come by. There are a few usuals - In Winchester, VA ( 20 minutes south of track ) Shoney's $50 per night if your call them direct (not 800 #) and tell them your w/ PCA Summit.I have stayed there a few times - no bad. Accross street is Hamton INN. IN Martinsburg, WV ( 20 north of track) (nb about 20-30 less driving from our area) there are several - Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn ( stay at both - OK), also Comfort Inn ( we got res. here ). Martinsburg tends to be slightly more expensive then Winchester. If you need any info email me. I will give you my phone # and we can talk. Good luck earl
Old 03-07-2002, 07:22 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The Holiday Inn, Winchester is the ticket, they have a large courtyard, great restaurant and a great lounge that serves Heffenweiser!! (dunno if aye speeled thit corectlee??)
Old 03-07-2002, 09:18 AM
BER
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Dan,

The guys/gals from Schattenbaum use the Town House Motel (304-725-8441) in Charles Town, WV. About $45 a night (includes tax). About a 15 minute drive out to the track. You won't find it in the Michelin Red Book, but it's clean and closer to PHL than Winchester.

Very good italian rest. right down the street called Avanti's (I know...hard to believe because it's in West Virginia).

Bruce

Quick Reply: Recommended Hotel Near Summit Point Race Track?