Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Air Cooled Engine Sounds???

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 05:32 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,025 Likes on 729 Posts

Originally Posted by spreeleon
if you don't like don't read it....better yet, don't respond!
I've had a stressful week at work and Rennlist is a nice spot with nice people to chat and get my mind off work. I'd appreciate it if you didn't have anything nice or good or informative to add to please just igonore. No one needs unnecessary remarks. thanks buddy. love you. =oP
As i states before if you dont like it please disregard. You guys crack me up. Clowns.
Right on davey boy!! Right on iceman!! Lets be rude and talk **** in a friendly forum. For people wanting to learn and discuss. Shut it you jackassess.
Well at least he's posting over and over in his own thread now, at least it's contained Dave 😉
Old 09-05-2017, 05:35 PM
spreeleon
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by theiceman
Well at least he's posting over and over in his own thread now, at least it's contained Dave 😉

Who the **** are you? shut the **** up.
Old 09-05-2017, 05:38 PM
spreeleon
Instructor

Originally Posted by theiceman
Well at least he's posting over and over in his own thread now, at least it's contained Dave ��
Are you two just little boys that like to try to harrass people online? what the hell is wrong with you?
I will be more than happy to discuss on phone or in person if you have an issue with me.
Grow UP!!!!!
Old 09-06-2017, 09:09 AM
tgil
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I had a 03 C4S and now I drive aircooled-to me there is very different engine exhaust notes - suggest you change out engine and transmission mounts to more sporty types (I used Stomski Racing which supplies 3 pillow choices with the purchase of the kit) - that in my opinion picked up even more of the aircooled mechanicals going on.

Good luck.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:12 PM
der Mond
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

To the above I would add the single overhead cam two-valve perfect hemi configuration. Sorry - blast from the past.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:50 PM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

the real differences between the air cooled and water cooled are best assessed with a real-time FFT analysis

believe it or not, R&T or somebody once gave FFT plots for the 993 and some other cars - I've looked for it but could never find it again...
Old 09-16-2017, 05:45 PM
spreeleon
Instructor

Originally Posted by tgil
I had a 03 C4S and now I drive aircooled-to me there is very different engine exhaust notes - suggest you change out engine and transmission mounts to more sporty types (I used Stomski Racing which supplies 3 pillow choices with the purchase of the kit) - that in my opinion picked up even more of the aircooled mechanicals going on.

Good luck.

thank you very much for the tip. After getting my car all sorted out engine mounts are high on my list. Thanks!
keep driving

Quick Reply: Air Cooled Engine Sounds???