Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

3.0 SC Weber Conversion Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2002, 05:21 PM
Todd Holyoak
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Post 3.0 SC Weber Conversion Question

I'm just starting to do the switch to carbs on my '80 SC and have a simple question (I hope). I have pulled off the CIS and in doing so was wondering where do I pick up the vacuum source for the power brakes? I'll admit I haven't looked into it too closely, I think there are small vacuum ports on the carbs but this is only from memory and tI think they were quite small. Also I'm running a '79 distributor, do I cap off the vacuum canister on this dist. or do I use it?

Thanks
Todd
Old 03-04-2002, 05:59 PM
Howard
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Todd,

My intake manifolds have a provision for the brake booster vacuum line, but they are made by PMO. If your's are Weber then you may have to drill and tap a hole in order to accept a fitting.You will also need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator if you plan to use the stock fuel pump. You will need to use the vacuum advance, so you can tee it off the brake booster line. I'm pretty sure you can use the existing distributor but you may have to have it re-curved or swap for a '78.

Good luck !
Old 03-04-2002, 10:13 PM
Todd Holyoak
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Howard

Thanks for the reply. Could you tell me where PMO put the port for the vacuum.
I already have the PMO fuel pressure reg so I'm set there. The '78 and '79 distributors are the same so I'll hook up the vacuum advance and i should be set.

Thanks
Todd

Quick Reply: 3.0 SC Weber Conversion Question