Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Are others experiencing power loss under track conditions in GT4RS?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2024, 05:33 PM
tlaritz
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by bantam1
I would not be investigating how, but rather, if you have fuel starvation.

the way that I would do that is to datalog fuel rail pressure.
Yes, I had that same thought.

Right now, I am really limited as to the data I can collect as the local dealer recommended disconnecting the Solo 2 data logger from the car. I can reconnect the data logger to the car after the problem re-occurs with no data logger. I could then collect fuel pressure info by requesting live data (via my Foxwell scanner) and recording the results (via the Solo 2).

Great input. Thanks.
Old 09-06-2024, 08:21 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 780 Likes on 454 Posts

If youre stock and tracking alot, i bet your opf matrix is jammed up. Just knock that stuffing out i bet u never have that problem again
sounds like your car is choking
Old 09-06-2024, 09:58 PM
beez
Instructor

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

What tires are on the car, and are they different from the OEM sizes? Super sticky tires (like Hoosiers) can exceed the g-forces the traction control electronics are expecting to see, and activate the traction control. Also tire sizes that are more than 3% different in diameter to OEM sizes can do strange things to the ABS system that also sends information to the TC system.
Old Yesterday, 12:38 AM
tlaritz
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
If youre stock and tracking alot, i bet your opf matrix is jammed up. Just knock that stuffing out i bet u never have that problem again
sounds like your car is choking
I’m not familiar with the acronym OPF. What is OPF?
Old Yesterday, 12:43 AM
tlaritz
Instructor

Originally Posted by beez
What tires are on the car, and are they different from the OEM sizes? Super sticky tires (like Hoosiers) can exceed the g-forces the traction control electronics are expecting to see, and activate the traction control. Also tire sizes that are more than 3% different in diameter to OEM sizes can do strange things to the ABS system that also sends information to the TC system.
This season, I’ve run only the Dunlop Max2 Race tire and Michelin Sport Cup 2, both in OEM sizes. Both of those tire are original equipment on the 4RS to the best of my knowledge. Thanks.
Old Yesterday, 04:06 AM
GT6only
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If TC intervened weirdly, alignment also should be checked, especially rear axle.
Old Yesterday, 11:57 AM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Received 577 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by tlaritz
I’m not familiar with the acronym OPF. What is OPF?
Particulate filter located in your OAP (over axle pipe). It's there for ROW cars but not used in the US. Guys have chiseled out the filler inside them. Wild guess but my first thought is debris in your fuel tank that's moving around under extreme G forces causing momentary fuel issues?
Old Yesterday, 12:11 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,876 Likes on 929 Posts

Haven't experienced and not much more to add, other than I've never experienced temps above 220. Granted elevation is only 900-1k feet and temps have only been as high as mid 80s. But about 20 degrees cooler than my other car on track
Old Today, 04:46 AM
Odin
Racer

Received 480 Likes on 201 Posts

No such experience since owning the car since sept -22.

What happens if you don’t come off the accelerator and just stay floored?

Quick Reply: Are others experiencing power loss under track conditions in GT4RS?