Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Piloti driving shoes

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2024, 11:11 AM
ScottsGT3RS
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by subwoofer
I bought a pair of these recently (Piloti shift) for my manual car as I found myself fumbling a bit with the clutch pedal while wearing my usual Brooks running shoes. Wasn't sure initially if it was the car or my deteriorating skills despite driving manuals for decades.
These are very nice with great pedal feel and I am able to release the clutch more smoothly while shifting. They run a itttle narrow which is fine for me. Good quality.

They make a quality product. My EE wide feet dont like them much, but I like the product.
Old 08-29-2024, 12:37 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,549 Likes on 863 Posts

Originally Posted by bk_911
I always liked the onitsuka tiger serrano for driving but looks like they are not sold in the usa anymore. Weird. Anyway great pedal feel and the black/white one look good.

Im definitely piloti curious though. I’ll check them out.
LOOOOVED Onitsuka Tigers. I had a small obsession with them years ago and would buy as many pairs as i could find. Unfortunetly just not great walking shoes with my kinda feet and ankles so stopped wearing them. The Mexico 66 arent too bad but i agree the Serrano was also my favorite.

Turns out Onitsuka Tigers are no longer sold in the US (they are in Canada) and have shut down all operations. It's a bit crazy as they will ship everywhere else. So either it was politics or the import tax was just too high.

Last edited by Xxyion; 08-29-2024 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-30-2024, 03:06 PM
hotwired
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Piloti offers wide versions in some sizes. I was able to get my size in a wide and they fit great and offer excellent pedal feel.

Last edited by hotwired; 08-30-2024 at 03:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
subwoofer (08-30-2024)
Old 08-30-2024, 06:47 PM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Received 640 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottsGT3RS
They make a quality product. My EE wide feet dont like them much, but I like the product.
They do offer some styles in wide. The Avenues that I bought recently (200 bucks a pair) come in a wide size, 2E. They are very comfy and high quality shoes with soft leather, great pedal feel and generally good to walk around after a drive. Not long walks but perfect to drive to restaurants etc.
https://piloti.com/collections/all/p.../avenue-cognac
Old 08-30-2024, 08:29 PM
DrainsWalletsFast
Burning Brakes

Received 351 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by MrFunk
I've had a few Piloti shoes over the years. They do run a bit narrow but they are very good quality and will look as they do today 10 years from now.
I didn't have this experience at all. Maybe they're different today. I had a black pair of Piloti G16 shoes which I thought were excellent, but the sole ripped itself to pieces a whole lot sooner than any other shoes I'd owned. Granted I probably also wore them casually and not solely for driving. The other pair I had I can't recall the model but the sole on those after some years hardened and lost grip. It became very slippery. Based on that I probably wouldn't give them a third shot, but it's possible they got better in more recent years.

I'm sure some would scoff but I like driving my Porsches in my New Balance 990v5 shoes. The pedal box and spacing on these is pretty generous, and this shoe is wide enough that it makes it easier to catch the throttle to rev match than some of the smaller, racier shoes out there. Looks like v5 is discontinued, but they still sell the v4 which for "dad shoes" don't look too bad. There is also a v6 now. I think if I were driving an Emira or something I might have wanted to hang on to the Puma Speedcat Shield SD Driving Shoes I had picked up and subsequently returned. They were just too low profile and thin and actually made it tougher to drive smoothly. Maybe if I were more of a heel blipper than a side of the foot guy they would have served me better. Shame too because the green suede matched the car nicely.

https://us.puma.com/us/en/pd/speedca...oes-motorsport
https://www.newbalance.com/pd/made-i..._style=U990BB6
https://www.newbalance.com/pd/made-i..._style=U990GR4

Last edited by DrainsWalletsFast; 08-30-2024 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-04-2024, 08:09 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,549 Likes on 863 Posts

My Puma Drift Cats just arrived. Wife took a picture for me while i was at work. Curious how these will match up to the Piloti's that i have. These were on sale for 60$ so compared to the 200$ Piloti's these seem to be a much better price. Some reviews say they are quite narrow however the same critique is had for the Piloti's. Hopefully they fit as a lot of people mentioned ordering 1 size larger, but i have thin feet so i ordered 1/2 a size larger.

Quick Reply: Piloti driving shoes