Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Resonated over axle pipes (OAP) recommendation?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2024, 01:45 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Soulstream
Thanks a bunch! I think I'll end up getting one of the R-OAP options (either Cargraphics or Soul). Until then I'll just enjoy the Flat-6 ones and try to be easy on the throttle in low RPMs
if the Soul resonated OAPs had existed when I did this, I would have got them instead ... the CG are just about as heavy as the OEM ...
Old 07-13-2024, 02:27 PM
brandon@heel.toe.hero
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

We can get resonated OAPs from Ninemeister if you'd prefer those. We just did a set for a 4RS, I should have some audio clips soon.

heeltoehero.com

US Dealer for Ninemeister

Heel Toe Hero is a collective of driving enthusiasts that take ourselves just seriously enough to not get arrested.

We hope.

Follow us on Instagram for the newest products, information, and guides.
Old 07-13-2024, 11:35 PM
Cam07
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by lowbee
I am curious to learn what the filter element in the Cargraphic hi-flow OAP look like when compared to the OEM filter element. It would be great if you can take a picture of that. TIA
Yes, I’ll snap a picture tomorrow. I was surprised looking into the canister that the filter doesn’t appear more open than it is. However, the outlets do appear somewhat larger. The Cargraphic OAP’s weigh just about a pound less each, so not that much difference.

Originally Posted by Westcoast
I have Akra OAP's (open) ahead of a JCR silenced valved exhaust... my buddy has Akra ahead of non-silenced valved JCR they sound nearly identical with a nod to the latter for sheer volume.

For months I ran the OEM OAP ahead of the JCR, the tonal quality was fantastic, nearly no drone, but the overall volume and characteristic was a little muted for my taste, the Akra opened it up just like I had hoped. But I would be remiss if I didn't mention that the drone definitely increased between 18-2400 RPM.

Looking forward to how the Cargraphic OAP changes the sound, any chance you might try the JCR with the OEM as a base line before installing the CG OAP to test how the volume and drone changes?
That’s good intel. Yes, I’ve considered just installing the JCR onto the existing Flat 6 OAP’s first to see if any resulting drone is tolerable (especially since I have a Spyder). Perhaps I’ll try this first, but it’d just take more time to reinstall again. May be worth the effort though including videos of all 3 versions.
The following users liked this post:
Westcoast (07-15-2024)
Old 07-14-2024, 10:36 PM
Cam07
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

See pics below of the OEM particulate filter & the Cargraphic high flow OAP:

The following 2 users liked this post by Cam07:
Larry Cable (07-15-2024), lowbee (07-14-2024)
Old 07-15-2024, 12:44 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,739 Likes on 2,756 Posts

THE CG OAP structure looks more like a 200cell cat than anything else, not what I was expecting, and certainly not the same as a resonated OAP.

It would be interesting to know what the flow characteristics are, at a guess I would think a resonator would flow better.
The following users liked this post:
Larry Cable (07-15-2024)

Quick Reply: Resonated over axle pipes (OAP) recommendation?