Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

PTS Build Advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2024, 05:10 PM
Snowy999
Rennlist Member

Received 208 Likes on 131 Posts

i have gone non WP GT Silver. Just because it's an RS car, it doesn't need to shout! It is loud enough already !!!
The following users liked this post:
n4v4nod (07-10-2024)
Old 07-09-2024, 09:05 PM
JewishGent
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks a lot for the tips!

I didnt know Nato Olive was such a common color on these cars. Im thinking maybe gulf blue (i agree with lighter colors being nicer for this body style) or maybe to go chalk to have it match the gt3rs. The other colors dont seem so exciting without me being able to see them in person.
Old 07-09-2024, 09:13 PM
renn.tp
Racer

Received 595 Likes on 131 Posts

As someone with a Black Olive 4RS a few weeks out I find some of these comments on rarity a bit silly, we don’t have car counts by any PTS color and some colors (like NATO) tend to be posted on social media quite a bit, but I digress…

If you're picking a PTS color solely based on what is “rare” you are doing it wrong. You’ll likely be hard pressed to find another PTS 4RS in your shade locally or even regionally - whatever shade you choose. If it’s bragging rights you care about, totally fine, a color like Peru Red is likely to be 1 of 1…

Spec the color you love and don’t look back.

Last edited by renn.tp; 07-09-2024 at 09:15 PM.
Mike981S (07-09-2024)
Old 07-09-2024, 10:29 PM
Mike981S
Pro

Received 441 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearrun21
I'll second the suggestion made by @cooler2442 .

There are about 10 new PTS colors that were ADDED for the 2025MY. Sean Peach is BANGER to my eyes. Also, I think the 718 bodies show more character with lighter colors (obviously, opinion).

Finally, go for the FULL PAINTED hood...you may as well maximize your value with the PTS spend..as FULL PAINTED hood is a no-cost add.

Best wishes in whatever you decide.
Originally Posted by ona.nimbus
There is an option for full painted hoods on Weissach pack cars? Is it a custom request not found in the configurator or am I just blind?
Full painted hood for WP GT4RS is a CXX Sonderwunsch option and is not available as an option on GT4RS, only for SRS.

I would suggest selecting the color you like. @cooler2442's car is Nato Olive, so he has some experience with the color. I have acid green which is a much more in your face color. If you go with a darker color, I suggest getting some more color contrast, like the yellow stickers and/or yellow stitching/yellow seat belts/yellow door handle.

I second the smoking package for the cleaner look and extra 12V outlet. That outlet is very handy!

Old 07-09-2024, 11:00 PM
DrainsWalletsFast
Burning Brakes

Received 330 Likes on 180 Posts

If you want to go really loud I've been quite liking Greenyellow lately. A Spyder RS was built in that color and looked wild. I'll try to find it. Though I'm sorta wary of sharing all my favorite colors since I have the hopes of actually ordering some of them one day. First decide if you want loud or understated and take things from there.

View this post on Instagram
Mike981S (07-09-2024)
Old 07-09-2024, 11:06 PM
SukSquezeBangBlo
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by renn.tp
As someone with a Black Olive 4RS a few weeks out I find some of these comments on rarity a bit silly, we don’t have car counts by any PTS color and some colors (like NATO) tend to be posted on social media quite a bit, but I digress…

If you're picking a PTS color solely based on what is “rare” you are doing it wrong. You’ll likely be hard pressed to find another PTS 4RS in your shade locally or even regionally - whatever shade you choose. If it’s bragging rights you care about, totally fine, a color like Peru Red is likely to be 1 of 1…

Spec the color you love and don’t look back.
Agree. Spec the color you love not what others will love. If it’s Nato Olive then go for it!
Old 07-09-2024, 11:31 PM
silverscooby27
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 49 Posts

My green yellow GT4 on the dragon, for reference.
The following 3 users liked this post by silverscooby27:
Larry Cable (07-10-2024), Le Petit Garage (07-09-2024), Mike981S (07-09-2024)
Old 07-09-2024, 11:49 PM
Le Petit Garage
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 609 Likes on 346 Posts

Buy the color you want vs perceived rarity. I’ve never seen another python 718 irl and would be super excited to find one!

Contact me for the best pricing on Quality Parts
- alex@lepetitgarage.us

LePetitGarage.us // @_lepetitgarage on Instagram
Old 07-10-2024, 12:06 AM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,113 Likes on 673 Posts

Drive one first... Then you may want the SRS. Then keep both.
Old 07-10-2024, 12:15 AM
JewishGent
Intermediate

thought about the SRS but i feel like a big draw is the intake noise of the 4rs vs the SRS. i definitely will go and drive one before finalizing the order. the roof on my 718 spyder is a pain as it is so i could only imagine on the SRS and with miami rains appearing out of blue skies i have a feeling its bound to get ruined.
Old 07-10-2024, 12:45 AM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,433 Likes on 2,226 Posts

I was wondering to myself the other day if PTS is more important to buyers in markets (like LA?) where Porsche's are common. Around my parts, I get excited if I see a black 987 Boxster!
SukSquezeBangBlo (07-10-2024)
Old 07-10-2024, 01:02 AM
Mike981S
Pro

Received 441 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleDude
I was wondering to myself the other day if PTS is more important to buyers in markets (like LA?) where Porsche's are common. Around my parts, I get excited if I see a black 987 Boxster!
That may be the case. Also, PTS has become much more popular and common compared to even 8 years ago. I think there were less than 50 out of over 2000 981 GT4 spec'ed in paint to sample. now I saw a statistics that 21% of all 2023 Spyder RSs were spec'ed with PTS.

Reasons may be any of the following:
  1. People notice that PTS cars tend to trade at a premium and may depreciate a bit less than non-PTS cars.
  2. More popularity and attention given to PTS cars on social media.
  3. Easier to specify PTS compared to previously.
  4. Less interesting colors available without PTS (at least in the new cars)
  5. Offering/asking for PTS is one way for dealers to make more (and may request lower ADM and/or do without)
  6. Being able to express more individuality in public compared to the sea of standard white/black/grey/silver Porsches in the local market.
  7. PTS allows you to tell stories and tie it back to Porsche's history or your own history.
In my case, I have ordered two PTS cars so far. Main motivations for me were 4., 7., 6. with the after the fact benefit of 2 (I like taking pictures of colorful cars in interesting settings), and 1 (though I am not selling and also have a yellow car, that some people say has worse resale ).

Regarding 7: I chose light green (a classic 1973/4 color for the 911 Carrera RS and Turbo) for the 981 GT4, that I see a bit as a Cayman equivalent to the Carrera RS from then: low production numbers, homologation for the GT4 Clubsport, MT, and I chose acid green as the modern interpretation of light green for the last of the ICE Cayman with a GT engine (or the first RS version with PDK, in case they come out with another GT4RS in the future).
UncleDude (07-10-2024)
Old 07-10-2024, 10:58 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,719 Likes on 2,111 Posts

Originally Posted by JewishGent
thought about the SRS but i feel like a big draw is the intake noise of the 4rs vs the SRS. i definitely will go and drive one before finalizing the order. the roof on my 718 spyder is a pain as it is so i could only imagine on the SRS and with miami rains appearing out of blue skies i have a feeling its bound to get ruined.
Don’t understand your comment on intake noise…can’t imagine anything better than the Spyder RS.

Go drive one? Unless you know an owner don’t think you’ll find one to drive. If used 4RS maybe I guess…
Larry Cable (07-10-2024)
Old 07-10-2024, 02:09 PM
JewishGent
Intermediate

Its primarily because the new roof is a complete pain to put on and remove and we get sporadic rain storms where i am.

The dealer pulled the obvious dealer card and now mentioned my salesperson made a mistake and i would have to order it with the Manthey Kit which is another $60k on top. Being that this will be primarily for the road i just dont see the value in it. Onto the next!

Appreciate all of the valued input

Quick Reply: PTS Build Advice