Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Offered a Spyder RS, what to do!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2024, 10:43 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,606 Likes on 2,692 Posts

I simply don't see the Spyder or the Spyder RS a single purpose toy, I take it whenever and wherever I want, rain or shine, to leave it at home because you are worried about weather or parking (within reason) is crazy, or it must be a money thing.
The following users liked this post:
6IXSPD (06-25-2024)
Old 06-23-2024, 10:43 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,324 Likes on 2,179 Posts

C: Drive it all the time, roof up, roof down, roof half down in all weather conditions all year and pile on the KM’s and enjoy every one with extended road trips, and track days.

There are members here who do this with their spyders. “A” and “B” imply the car isn’t good in anything other than perfect weather. The roof does not limit the use, unless you want it to.

Originally Posted by DNSGT3
Just have to manage the expectation. It can turn out to be one of the two:
A: The RS is engaging and fun. Take it out only in good weather with the roof off is such a unique experience. Single-purpose toy to enjoy the drive. Love it.
B: The RS is loud but slow vs. the TTS. The roof limits its use case big time. You have to plan on parking and weather before driving it. Can't enjoy the car whenever I want. Hate it.

Even though I only plan to use it as a point A-A toy, I constantly have concern that the limited use case may get tiring someday. If there are really 4 SRS coming to PFAFF unspoken for, the used car value may not be pretty should I decide to sell it back.

Random question - anyone thought about the R8 RWD Spyder instead? 2023 left over seems to be a steal.
Old 06-23-2024, 11:13 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,263 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleDude
C: Drive it all the time, roof up, roof down, roof half down in all weather conditions all year and pile on the KM’s and enjoy every one with extended road trips, and track days.

There are members here who do this with their spyders. “A” and “B” imply the car isn’t good in anything other than perfect weather. The roof does not limit the use, unless you want it to.
agree with this. Plus the Bimini top solution is ideal. I love that you can hear and smell the car and the environment around you, BUT with the advantage of sun protection AND excellent blind spot visibility compared to other ragtops with the top up.

Last edited by Drifting; 06-24-2024 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-24-2024, 12:21 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,062 Likes on 634 Posts

Just have to manage the expectation. It can turn out to be one of the two:
A: The RS is engaging and fun. Take it out only in good weather with the roof off is such a unique experience. Single-purpose toy to enjoy the drive. Love it.
B: The RS is loud but slow vs. the TTS. The roof limits its use case big time. You have to plan on parking and weather before driving it. Can't enjoy the car whenever I want. Hate it.

Even though I only plan to use it as a point A-A toy, I constantly have concern that the limited use case may get tiring someday. If there are really 4 SRS coming to PFAFF unspoken for, the used car value may not be pretty should I decide to sell it back.

Random question - anyone thought about the R8 RWD Spyder instead? 2023 left over seems to be a steal.
This is in Alberta, not ON. But yes, that is kind of a concern too, that they have 4 coming in and not spoken for. Although I have heard some buyers went elsewhere because they make you buy PPF/ceramic with the car... Some guys are annoyed of the games and going to Kelowna, Saskatoon, etc.

All good info from everyone, it is helpful and I enjoy reading all the interesting opinions. I know the car won't be even close to the TTS in terms of speed and power, but that is kind of the appeal. The TTS modified is just almost too much for the street. I was missing the days of drifting around.

Old 06-24-2024, 10:27 AM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 357 Likes on 207 Posts

Will four cars being delivered really impact resale values all that much? This is not a high volume car.
Old 06-24-2024, 06:53 PM
DNSGT3
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
I simply don't see the Spyder or the Spyder RS a single purpose toy, I take it whenever and wherever I want, rain or shine, to leave it at home because you are worried about weather or parking (within reason) is crazy, or it must be a money thing.
Do you have a Spyder or Spyder RS? Spyder roof is a child's play in comparison. I would have no problem with it too.
Old 06-24-2024, 08:01 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,606 Likes on 2,692 Posts

Do you have a Spyder or Spyder RS? Spyder roof is a child's play in comparison. I would have no problem with it too.
I have a Spyder and a friend with the SRS, and that roof is also dead simple, or you could say child's play as well, certainly no reason to leave the car at home!
Old 06-24-2024, 08:22 PM
DNSGT3
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 62 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Westcoast
I have a Spyder and a friend with the SRS, and that roof is also dead simple, or you could say child's play as well, certainly no reason to leave the car at home!
Glad to hear!
I am ready for it to be a toy, anything better is bonus.
Old 06-25-2024, 01:19 PM
6IXSPD
Rennlist Member

Received 689 Likes on 254 Posts

Having spent a few days in Europe driving my old man’s SRS over 500 KMs, I will say the roof is not as big a deal as most say. The partial setup without the rear cover makes it such a fun experience allowing you to hear and feel the motor doing its thing beside your head.

It’s an utterly fantastic roadster, one unlike any other before given its RS chassis treatment (and subsequent driving performance) and the glorious GT3 engine right beside your ear drums. I can’t think of anything other than a Speciale Aperta that can even come close, let alone at that price range…

If you absolutely love the thrill of driving, this is the kind of car that will make you get out of bed early on a Sunday morning (hell, even a Monday) and get an adrenaline fix in.

I am super anxious to drive it back to back with my Spyder, I’ve a feeling I’ll like the 6MT and more usable roof more in the regular Spyder but goddamn does the GT3 engine with that sensory experience make a very, very strong case to trade up…
The following 6 users liked this post by 6IXSPD:
Adrift (06-25-2024), Angryinch (06-26-2024), cybers3c (06-25-2024), Mike981S (06-25-2024), n4v4nod (06-26-2024), UncleDude (06-25-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-26-2024, 12:55 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,062 Likes on 634 Posts

Anyone have real life pics of Vanadium with WP and gold magnesium wheels?

Would also love to see some black with WP.

Hard to find online. I found some black but no grey with gold wheels...
Old 06-26-2024, 09:14 AM
Apolo1
Pro

Received 356 Likes on 139 Posts

Lucky to have an RS Spider thats about to start build. Had a good drive in one last month, one of the most fun road cars i have ever driven from any maker. Its a Mid engine GT3 with road tuned suspension, and best of all its a Cab, Ok the roof takes a couple of goes to get used to it, but this is all part of the car. Genuinely feel that this will go down as one the most fun to drive road cars that they have made.

Last edited by Apolo1; 06-26-2024 at 09:34 AM.
The following 6 users liked this post by Apolo1:
6IXSPD (06-27-2024), Adrift (06-26-2024), Angryinch (06-26-2024), Emsworth (06-27-2024), fasteddie99 (06-27-2024), Mike981S (06-27-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: Offered a Spyder RS, what to do!