Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Spyder RS Production and Delivery Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2023, 11:33 PM
lilbza
Pro

Received 548 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
it’s funny indeed… below is my OG Spyder… very aligned with the vibe you are getting from the SRS…

they will co-exist in my garage… I’m a sucker for the Spyders 😬

That is a beautiful spec.... almost impossible to believe you're the same person spec'ing those heinous blue wheels on guards red
Old 12-20-2023, 11:08 PM
Fdvigna
Rennlist Member

Received 210 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by lilbza
That is a beautiful spec.... almost impossible to believe you're the same person spec'ing those heinous blue wheels on guards red
Indigo blue wheels are going to look great with the GR SRS spec… what is your spec ?
Old 12-20-2023, 11:19 PM
lilbza
Pro

Indigo blue wheels are going to look great with the GR SRS spec… what is your spec ?
As long as you love it, that's all that matters. IMO, of the (non PTS) exterior and wheel colours available, I honestly couldn't think of a worse combination... and the yellow PCCB's just top it off.

My spec? I'm not a convertible guy, though I think the SRS will be an amazing car. However, since you asked, it would likely be Vanadium grey, with WP, painted hood stripe, silver wheels and black PCCB's.

Old 12-20-2023, 11:41 PM
Fdvigna
Rennlist Member

Received 210 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by lilbza
As long as you love it, that's all that matters. IMO, of the (non PTS) exterior and wheel colours available, I honestly couldn't think of a worse combination... and the yellow PCCB's just top it off.

My spec? I'm not a convertible guy, though I think the SRS will be an amazing car. However, since you asked, it would likely be Vanadium grey, with WP, painted hood stripe, silver wheels and black PCCB's.

Funny how taste can vary so much. A few months ago I was tending to get the spec launch too. But then, upon further consideration I realized that something wasn't clicking for me with that spec. I don't know why Porsche chose Vanadium to be a launch color specially considering that the majority of the cars sold today are white, black and grey variations. I think the SRS deserves a bright color. I also don't like the Ruby Neo... Gentian Blue is elegant, but again not the vibe I am looking for in the SRS. Shark Blue belongs to the GT3... I find the combo GR with the black elements of the car to be the way to go. Black wheels is the safe choice for the spec...

If you are ever in AZ I'll be happy to show the car in person (arrives in June/July) ... the spec is killer gorgeous. But regardless... the car will be super fun!

Cheers!!!

The following users liked this post:
lilbza (12-20-2023)
Old 12-20-2023, 11:48 PM
lilbza
Pro

Funny how taste can vary so much. A few months ago I was tending to get the spec launch too. But then, upon further consideration I realized that something wasn't clicking for me with that spec. I don't know why Porsche chose Vanadium to be a launch color specially considering that the majority of the cars sold today are white, black and grey variations. I think the SRS deserves a bright color. I also don't like the Ruby Neo... Gentian Blue is elegant, but again not the vibe I am looking for in the SRS. Shark Blue belongs to the GT3... I find the combo GR with the black elements of the car to be the way to go. Black wheels is the safe choice for the spec...

If you are ever in AZ I'll be happy to show the car in person (arrives in June/July) ... the spec is killer gorgeous. But regardless... the car will be super fun!

Cheers!!!
It's funny, I actually agree that they deserve a bright colour, and would generally class Vanadium grey as being too boring, but it works for me based on the pictures I've seen so far.

I normally wouldn't like red either, especially GR, but that changed with I saw a 4RS in GR with the WP. Completely changed my mind, and if I was spec'ing an SRS, GR would be my second choice, though the wheels would have to be in satin aluminum for me.

Enjoy in good health, I think the SRS will be one of the most exciting cars Porsche have released in a while.
Old 12-23-2023, 04:04 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,685 Likes on 925 Posts

Because I'm that guy... been tracking the progress of TYD schedule and how much the schedule moves. Just a data point for others:

Old 12-23-2023, 08:46 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,067 Posts

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
Because I'm that guy... been tracking the progress of TYD schedule and how much the schedule moves. Just a data point for others:
I’m also a 3 Nov V200. April build. TYD or PSVMS has not moved a single day.

Perhaps you’re getting a bunch of movement to slot into your ED?

Or…maybe I’m just too far out.

Congrats!
Old 12-23-2023, 02:53 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 395 Likes on 218 Posts

Interesting, I had an earlier initial freeze point that hasn’t changed, 1/18/24. Wish mine would move up like that.
Old 12-23-2023, 03:38 PM
aalencar
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 93 Posts

Anybody else heard European delivery is full until September?

Have V200 with ED that was confirmed in November initially as an April build. Build recently moved to February with ED in May.

Just called today by SA stating he just got call from Porsche about no European delivery until September. Honestly dont mind the wait as really looking forward to ED and September works better in my schedule. Curious what will happen.
Old 12-23-2023, 04:58 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aalencar
Anybody else heard European delivery is full until September?

Have V200 with ED that was confirmed in November initially as an April build. Build recently moved to February with ED in May.

Just called today by SA stating he just got call from Porsche about no European delivery until September. Honestly dont mind the wait as really looking forward to ED and September works better in my schedule. Curious what will happen.
Work directly with Joey at PNCA... he handles all the scheduling for European Deliveries. Email him your commission number.
european.delivery@porsche.us
Old 12-23-2023, 06:11 PM
aalencar
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 93 Posts

Work directly with Joey at PNCA... he handles all the scheduling for European Deliveries. Email him your commission number.
european.delivery@porsche.us
thanks a lot. Will do it right now.
n4v4nod (12-23-2023)
Old 12-23-2023, 09:47 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
I’m also a 3 Nov V200. April build. TYD or PSVMS has not moved a single day.

Perhaps you’re getting a bunch of movement to slot into your ED?

Or…maybe I’m just too far out.

Congrats!
Perhaps... The first time I hit "Change Freeze Point" (a month earlier than original scheduled without any notice), my dealer informed me that I was V210 and if I wanted, I could still change it. I changed to GT Silver and got a Feasibility Error V100. I quickly reached out to my dealer to revert to my original build the next morning. The system accepted my old build and it went back to V200. As a result, my production schedule was delayed a week. Once I hit my new V250 date, my schedule moved again to even earlier. I think it does have to do with my European Delivery schedule. When I scheduled my delivery day with PNCA, I was initially concerned my gap from production complete to delivery was too narrow. They informed me that will prioritize my order in order to accommodate my timeline. So far it shows to be true. 🤞🏼
TXshaggy (12-23-2023)
Old 12-23-2023, 09:49 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mwar99
Interesting, I had an earlier initial freeze point that hasn’t changed, 1/18/24. Wish mine would move up like that.
Pretty sure it has to do with my European Delivery as previously mentioned.
Old 12-23-2023, 11:48 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 395 Likes on 218 Posts

Pretty sure it has to do with my European Delivery as previously mentioned.
I’m trying to get mine before a trip at the end of April. Not much wiggle room on the timeline right now. Hope it holds true.
Old 12-24-2023, 12:10 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mwar99
I’m trying to get mine before a trip at the end of April. Not much wiggle room on the timeline right now. Hope it holds true.
When is your Production Completion and Scheduled Euro Delivery?

Quick Reply: The Spyder RS Production and Delivery Discussion Thread