Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4: Anyone with coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2024, 03:18 PM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Received 1,667 Likes on 946 Posts

Originally Posted by RajuPatel
Greetings from Mumbai, INDIA. I have got a MCS 2W remote canister coilovers for my 2020 718 GT4. My installer has adequate skillset and knowledge with VW group cars tuning etc. This is the first time he is installing a MCS kit. He has some questions. Hope someone can give me the answers. Here they go.
Pls share any pdf or pictures or videos you have on the suspension assembly on the GT4 Cayman

The kit has come with 4 dampers
1. The adjustable spring perch threads on the dampers are less on 1 pair and more on the other pair
I want to know which damper is to be installed on the front and which one to the rear
2. Where do the helper springs go. Do we put them on the top or the bottom
Pls share a pdf or some pictures of the external canisters installed on the car so we can also fix them accordingly

I have MCS on my GT4, but I didn't install them.

There should be instructions that came with the dampers that would help your installer.

AFAIK, The helper springs go on top, and if I had to guess, I would say the longer threaded shocks are for the rear as I believe the rear has a bit more travel than the front, but don't quote me.

If you do not have your instructions, let me know. I might be able to rummage thru my storage unit and find the original box and instructions that mine came with.

You could also shoot Trevor or Wyatt @ MCS an email, they are pretty good about replying.
Old 08-26-2024, 04:35 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,141 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by RajuPatel
Greetings from Mumbai, INDIA. I have got a MCS 2W remote canister coilovers for my 2020 718 GT4. My installer has adequate skillset and knowledge with VW group cars tuning etc. This is the first time he is installing a MCS kit. He has some questions. Hope someone can give me the answers. Here they go.
Pls share any pdf or pictures or videos you have on the suspension assembly on the GT4 Cayman

The kit has come with 4 dampers
1. The adjustable spring perch threads on the dampers are less on 1 pair and more on the other pair
I want to know which damper is to be installed on the front and which one to the rear
2. Where do the helper springs go. Do we put them on the top or the bottom
Pls share a pdf or some pictures of the external canisters installed on the car so we can also fix them accordingly
He should call MSC tech support and they can help... There are photos on this site of canister mountings...
Old 08-27-2024, 09:25 AM
RajuPatel
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

Thank you guys. Got some images over the internet and things are sorting out. Much appreciated.

Quick Reply: GT4: Anyone with coilovers?