Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Axle Bolts backed out on brand new Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2023, 05:00 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,344 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by GTSPYDER23
Can these reservoir hoses be checked/fixed/secured up front, or do they simply fall off all the time regardless?
I'm going down there today to pick up my GT3 shifter ****. I'll ask.
The following users liked this post:
GTSPYDER23 (02-03-2023)
Old 02-03-2023, 05:07 PM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 158 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by burnergt4
^ this. They're probably doing a deep dive into any manufacturing records, reviewing production line staffing / materials at the time of manufacture, cross referencing with any other known occurrences, etc. The Germans don't like to talk to you until they've done all the digging that can be done & are able to come to the table with 100% of their findings. I wouldn't interpret silence as avoidance—honestly, the longer they don't talk, likely the deeper they're digging.
Yes but a simple reply with we're looking into it and will report back when we have more information would have been expected but nothing!!
Pretty bad customer service if you ask me, this shouldn't happen with this brand.

Last edited by James88; 02-03-2023 at 05:08 PM.
Old 02-03-2023, 05:13 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,344 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by James88
Yes but a simple reply with we're looking into it and will report back when we have more information would have been expected but nothing!!
Pretty bad customer service if you ask me, this shouldn't happen with this brand.
What is the value you'd be looking for in receiving "we're looking into it and will report back?" It's just lip service. They will never tell you what they found, whether they found it to be pervasive, or any other desired but probably legally detrimental information. I'd personally rather receive nothing over the customer service BS.

Last edited by SpyderSenseOC; 02-03-2023 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-03-2023, 06:17 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,721 Likes on 2,112 Posts

Originally Posted by James88
Bad customer service? I’m confused, OP stated that his dealer promptly handled the issue. That’s why we have warranties…
Old 02-03-2023, 07:41 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,388 Likes on 752 Posts

Pictures, please. I'd like to check it myself as the dealers say that things don't exist or happen.
Old 02-03-2023, 07:43 PM
GTSPYDER23
Racer

Received 226 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by John Mclane
Pictures, please. I'd like to check it myself as the dealers say that things don't exist or happen.
I don't have a picture, but my dealer confirm in an email to me today that IT DOES EXIST, and it is a known problem (the bolts that is).
Old 02-04-2023, 10:48 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,696 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikesurf11
I am a first time Porsche owner, having taken possession of a Gentian Blue Spyder in November of 22. I only have 877 miles on the car and the bolts that held the back, left axle, backed out while I was driving down the freeway. The axle fell off the flange that holds it on the transmission and I was able to maneuver it to the side of the road. After having it towed to the dealer they found that the right side bolts were also loose and had not been torqued down properly from the factory. Thankfully nothing major happened but this could have had a worse outcome. Has anyone out there ever had a similar experience with their car? My dealer had never seen this and handled the situation quickly. I reached out to Porsche customer service almost two weeks ago and have not had a response to my email. Not exactly the service or quality I had expected from this brand. More concerned with what other issues could potentially pop up if this was missed at the factory.
Originally Posted by GTSPYDER23
I don't have a picture, but my dealer confirm in an email to me today that IT DOES EXIST, and it is a known problem (the bolts that is).
Are we talking about the bolts pictured in this post by @ronbauer ?

PDK leaking - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

And is this only related to PDK transmissions?

Last edited by Westcoast; 02-04-2023 at 10:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Axle Bolts backed out on brand new Spyder