Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Upgrading LED PDLS from Bixenon after delivery? Makes sense?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2022, 05:15 AM
bosha1987
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Upgrading LED PDLS from Bixenon after delivery? Makes sense?

Hello Guys,

I searched in other topics but I dind't find any answer to my question.

I have just received my new 718 spyder with bixen PDLS lights.

When I specd my car I have asked for PDLS+ (LED) but SA told me no way, cause of components shortage. After a few days my order locked, Bam!! Not only PDLS+LED became available again but also normal PDLS LED.

So i was wondering: Is it possible to remove the bixeon PDLS and install LED pdls? And if the answer is yes, which would be the best way to do it considering a new car still at the dealer at the moment? Ask them to provide me a quotation for it or directly ask them to change it as on warranty?

What are your suggestions?

PS: Hope this thread has not been covered yet, if so, please link it down below so I will close this one.

thanks guys
Regards!
Old 12-16-2022, 09:27 AM
Axis
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 41 Posts

Its possible buts its not a matter of just swapping parts out at the dealer. There's a thread in the regular 718 section where a guy did the conversion and you basically need to make a new sub-harness to integrate the leveling module. Its technically easier now because before you would need to swap out the windshield in order to install the camera in order for the reprogramming not to give you any errors but now the camera is no longer needed. Until someone starts selling a conversion harness its gonna be a bit of work unless you have some experience working with car wiring/electricals.
Old 12-16-2022, 09:38 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,720 Likes on 2,111 Posts

You can read all about it in this thread

https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...iscussion.html

I’d be very surprised if a dealer would take this on.

Quick Reply: Upgrading LED PDLS from Bixenon after delivery? Makes sense?