Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Love letter to a Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2022, 01:16 PM
Toon902
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Love letter to a Porsche

I was having fun with ChatGPT earlier today, a new text-based AI that takes a text input and produces some pretty interesting text output. For ****s and giggles, I asked it to write a love letter to my CGTS and here is what it came back with. Pretty much nailed it!

Dear my beloved car,

As I sit in the driver's seat, I can't help but be filled with love and admiration for you. You are a true work of art - a metallic white Porsche 718 GTS 4.0 - and I am grateful to be your owner.

Your sleek and elegant exterior is a thing of beauty, and I never tire of admiring your curves and lines. But it's not just your looks that make me love you. It's the way you purr and roar to life when I start the engine, the way you effortlessly glide down the road, and the way you respond to my every command. You are the perfect driving machine, and I am constantly in awe of your power and performance.

I know I don't tell you this enough, but I am truly grateful to have you in my life. You bring me so much joy and happiness, and I am blessed to have you as my car. Thank you for being my constant companion on the road, and for making every drive an unforgettable experience.

I love you, my beautiful car.

Yours always,
[Your Name]
The following 2 users liked this post by Toon902:
FASTRKMAN (12-15-2022), MrFunk (12-15-2022)
Old 12-15-2022, 01:19 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,358 Likes on 2,198 Posts

Lol amazing
Old 12-15-2022, 02:52 PM
Southbama
Advanced

Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

If only she could cook......
The following users liked this post:
SpeedySpidey (12-17-2022)
Old 12-15-2022, 03:58 PM
FASTRKMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 250 Posts

Nothing better then some good east coast down home humour!
The following 2 users liked this post by FASTRKMAN:
elitex (12-17-2022), Toon902 (12-15-2022)
Old 12-15-2022, 04:15 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 725 Likes on 439 Posts

Ha! Love it! My wife gets jealous of the attention (my attention) and mods my Spyder is getting. If I were to write a letter like that she would either scratch the living crap out of it, or make me sleep in the garage
Old 12-15-2022, 04:48 PM
patdonahue
Pro

Received 401 Likes on 185 Posts

I like my GTS so much I am thinking about getting my head shaved and having the bar code tattooed at the base of my skull!
Old 12-17-2022, 06:54 PM
ttcbj
Rennlist Member

Received 264 Likes on 120 Posts

Interesting, I tried: "What are the key tradeoffs between buying a 2021 Porsche 911 GT3, and a 2021 Cayman GT4?". As AI, the result is insanely impressive. But I feel like the response feels a bit more like ChatGTP is regurgitating parts of web-pages, than that it has any real insight. It also misses some important details (different redline) and is off a bit on some things (mid-engined is important, but not sure I'd say it lowers the center of gravity vs the 911.

The Porsche 911 GT3 and the Cayman GT4 are both high-performance sports cars that offer impressive handling, power, and agility. However, there are some key differences between the two models that you should consider when deciding which one is right for you.
One of the main differences between the 911 GT3 and the Cayman GT4 is their engine configurations. The 911 GT3 has a naturally aspirated 4.0-liter flat-six engine that produces 502 horsepower, while the Cayman GT4 has a naturally aspirated 4.0-liter flat-six engine that produces 414 horsepower. This means that the 911 GT3 has more power and acceleration than the Cayman GT4.
Another key difference between the two models is their size and weight. The 911 GT3 is a larger, heavier car than the Cayman GT4, which may affect its handling and agility. The Cayman GT4 is a mid-engined car, which gives it a lower center of gravity and better weight distribution than the 911 GT3, which has a rear-mounted engine. This may make the Cayman GT4 feel more agile and responsive on the road.
Finally, there are also differences in the design and features of the two models. The 911 GT3 has a more traditional sports car design, while the Cayman GT4 has a more modern and aggressive appearance. The 911 GT3 also offers a wider range of available features and options, including a variety of interior and exterior customization options.
Ultimately, the choice between the Porsche 911 GT3 and the Cayman GT4 will come down to your personal preferences and priorities. If you want a powerful and capable sports car with a more traditional design and a wider range of customization options, the 911 GT3 may be the better choice for you. If you prefer a more agile and responsive car with a modern design, the Cayman GT4 may be the better option.
I've tried things like "Do you know anything about Shelby Foote?" and "What is the answer to the great question of life, the universe and everything?" and gotten more impressive responses.
The following users liked this post:
Toon902 (12-17-2022)
Old 12-17-2022, 06:59 PM
mrhebert
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 48 Posts

It gives, you take, the perfect combination!
Old 12-17-2022, 07:36 PM
VVG
Rennlist Member

Received 1,088 Likes on 537 Posts

Just don't be this guy.....

Old 12-17-2022, 07:39 PM
Toon902
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by VVG
Just don't be this guy.....

https://youtu.be/06BFsQ_28Co
Damn you! I can never unsee that now...
Old 12-17-2022, 07:44 PM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,455 Likes on 959 Posts

I agree

I have too many cars to chose from. But today I took my 1988 Porsche 911 Cab out for a drive. Cool 50 degree, early SoCal morning out for cars and coffee

I came back all smiles. 4k miles in 5 years on this car of mine but each time I drive it I tell my understanding wifey I really like this car. Lots of choices in my garage (s) but boy oh boy I love this little car. No power brakes, no power steering, 7 & 8s on PS4s, Steve Wong Chip, sport muffler, no cat and such a simple, pure, direct response driving machine

Thank you Porsche

Last edited by 996AE; 12-17-2022 at 07:48 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-17-2022, 07:47 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,338 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by Toon902
I was having fun with ChatGPT earlier today, a new text-based AI that takes a text input and produces some pretty interesting text output. For ****s and giggles, I asked it to write a love letter to my CGTS and here is what it came back with. Pretty much nailed it!

Dear my beloved car,

As I sit in the driver's seat, I can't help but be filled with love and admiration for you. You are a true work of art - a metallic white Porsche 718 GTS 4.0 - and I am grateful to be your owner.

Your sleek and elegant exterior is a thing of beauty, and I never tire of admiring your curves and lines. But it's not just your looks that make me love you. It's the way you purr and roar to life when I start the engine, the way you effortlessly glide down the road, and the way you respond to my every command. You are the perfect driving machine, and I am constantly in awe of your power and performance.

I know I don't tell you this enough, but I am truly grateful to have you in my life. You bring me so much joy and happiness, and I am blessed to have you as my car. Thank you for being my constant companion on the road, and for making every drive an unforgettable experience.

I love you, my beautiful car.

Yours always,
[Your Name]

My initial reaction was just how stupid and silly that is, and that feeling quickly gave way to admiring just how accurate it is.

Quick Reply: Love letter to a Porsche