Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official Interior Pictures Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2022, 06:54 PM
bob78h
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucifer
if you spec one of the default packages you need to go the deviated stitching package route, RIP
Also, at least when I ordered my car, I think the extended stitching didn't have the same color choices as the stock stitching (i.e. you can't get GT Silver stitching). Porsche definitely makes some strange choices on what is/is not available. I think there was a thread in the 992 GT3 forum about this too. Apparently if you specced the leather wheel, it came with matching deviated stitching on the touring but black stitching on the winged car. But then some winged cars got delivered with deviated stitching (presumably due to a factory error, I guess the factory workers are just as confused as we are about this).

In my case I ordered a 911R leather wheel to replace my Race-Tex wheel. It supposedly has the same GT Silver stitching. The slightly cheaper option is to order a 991.2 GT3 wheel, but that comes with platinum grey stitching which is just a shade off from GT silver.
Old 12-22-2022, 07:13 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 778 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by bob78h
Also, at least when I ordered my car, I think the extended stitching didn't have the same color choices as the stock stitching (i.e. you can't get GT Silver stitching). Porsche definitely makes some strange choices on what is/is not available. I think there was a thread in the 992 GT3 forum about this too. Apparently if you specced the leather wheel, it came with matching deviated stitching on the touring but black stitching on the winged car. But then some winged cars got delivered with deviated stitching (presumably due to a factory error, I guess the factory workers are just as confused as we are about this).

In my case I ordered a 911R leather wheel to replace my Race-Tex wheel. It supposedly has the same GT Silver stitching. The slightly cheaper option is to order a 991.2 GT3 wheel, but that comes with platinum grey stitching which is just a shade off from GT silver.
I checked out a 2 years old GT4 today with 13k miles. The RaceTex was absolutely filthy. It was disgusting. No choice but to go Deviated Stitching\Leather
It is about 3.5k more expensive than the base Silver package, for basically the exact same thing in a different color.
The following users liked this post:
NastyHabits (12-23-2022)
Old 12-22-2022, 07:41 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 727 Likes on 440 Posts

I checked out a 2 years old GT4 today with 13k miles. The RaceTex was absolutely filthy. It was disgusting. No choice but to go Deviated Stitching\Leather
It is about 3.5k more expensive than the base Silver package, for basically the exact same thing in a different color.
If you are going to go with the Extended Deviated Stitching package you should go with a unique and colorful choice rather than just 'Silver'. What exterior color will you be going with? Also, was told by Frank at Exclusive Option that 'Silver' in GT4/Spyder is not 'GT Silver' but is 'Platinum', not sure if it's the same shade from 981. Had a custom shift boot made by Exclusive Option with 'GT Silver' but it was not a match, sent my center console cover to them and they matched it with 'Platinum'.
Old 12-22-2022, 07:51 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sin911
If you are going to go with the Extended Deviated Stitching package you should go with a unique and colorful choice rather than just 'Silver'. What exterior color will you be going with? Also, was told by Frank at Exclusive Option that 'Silver' in GT4/Spyder is not 'GT Silver' but is 'Platinum', not sure if it's the same shade from 981. Had a custom shift boot made by Exclusive Option with 'GT Silver' but it was not a match, sent my center console cover to them and they matched it with 'Platinum'.
At first, I wanted Lizard Green, but then after seeing it in photos, I felt it is a bit "too much".
I really liked the yellow I saw today on the GT4 - but yellow stitching requires yellow calipers, and I don't want the PCCB, and I won't paint my calipers yellow (any other color is fine).
I REALLY want Orange - but no matching seat belts.

Looking for ideas
Old 12-22-2022, 09:04 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

At first, I wanted Lizard Green, but then after seeing it in photos, I felt it is a bit "too much".
I really liked the yellow I saw today on the GT4 - but yellow stitching requires yellow calipers, and I don't want the PCCB, and I won't paint my calipers yellow (any other color is fine).
I REALLY want Orange - but no matching seat belts.

Looking for ideas
I was also going to suggest Orange stitching with Yellow exterior. You can always spec black calipers if you want iron rotors. No belts or door pulls in Orange unfortunately but it may be a bit too bright like that perhaps?

Yellow exterior is a bit of a difficult color to match with other colors in terms of interior color (if it was available on GT4/Spyder) or stitching color.

Lizard Green stitching with Python would look great, not sure how it would work with Yellow exterior though. Lizard Green would look pretty awesome and unique on Gentian Blue with light green calipers as well.
Old 12-22-2022, 09:12 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,739 Likes on 2,756 Posts

Just as a contrast, my 2-1/2-year-old Spyder has Alcantara on the steering wheel and shifter and they look brand new...
Old 12-22-2022, 09:28 PM
bob78h
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 49 Posts

Weird, I remember a member on here checked with Porsche Exclusive and confirmed it was GT Silver on the 718s. FWIW, my 911R wheel and shifter which are also "silver"/GT silver seem to be a perfect match for the stitching on my dash and center console.

And yes, definitely agree that if ponying up for the extended stitching package, choosing a more exciting color is a great idea. I was strongly considering Speed Blue (apparently same color as shark blue according to Porsche exclusive) for my build, but in the end pretty happy with the standard silver.
Old 12-22-2022, 09:31 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,866 Likes on 2,183 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Just as a contrast, my 2-1/2-year-old Spyder has Alcantara on the steering wheel and shifter and they look brand new...
Same here at 14,000 miles. It’s a Porsche proprietary material made for this purpose.
Old 12-22-2022, 10:10 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

I was also going to suggest Orange stitching with Yellow exterior. You can always spec black calipers if you want iron rotors. No belts or door pulls in Orange unfortunately but it may be a bit too bright like that perhaps?

Yellow exterior is a bit of a difficult color to match with other colors in terms of interior color (if it was available on GT4/Spyder) or stitching color.

Lizard Green stitching with Python would look great, not sure how it would work with Yellow exterior though. Lizard Green would look pretty awesome and unique on Gentian Blue with light green calipers as well.
Sorry, I wasn't clear, the GT4 I saw today was gentian with gold wheels (it looked amazing btw), the interior was the yellow stitching package and it looked amazing too (but didn't work with the exterior in my opinion)

options for exterior are Gentian Blue, Carrera White or Chalk
Old 12-22-2022, 10:12 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Same here at 14,000 miles. It’s a Porsche proprietary material made for this purpose.
Here are the steering wheel and gear lever from the car I saw today. It was even more disgusting in person.
Name:  3XMnOPj.png
Views: 402
Size:  3.03 MB

Name:  AJfqxRN.png
Views: 405
Size:  2.07 MB
Old 12-22-2022, 10:35 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bob78h
Weird, I remember a member on here checked with Porsche Exclusive and confirmed it was GT Silver on the 718s. FWIW, my 911R wheel and shifter which are also "silver"/GT silver seem to be a perfect match for the stitching on my dash and center console.
That's very weird indeed. GT Silver stitching (from Exclusive Option) looked lighter compared to the Silver stitching on the rest of the car.

Sorry, I wasn't clear, the GT4 I saw today was gentian with gold wheels (it looked amazing btw), the interior was the yellow stitching package and it looked amazing too (but didn't work with the exterior in my opinion)

options for exterior are Gentian Blue, Carrera White or Chalk
Ah got it. For Gentian Blue I would recommend Silver, Chalk, Speed Blue, or Lizard Green. For Carrara White and Chalk almost all colors would be a good option as they're both very neutral colors.
Lucifer (12-22-2022)
Old 12-22-2022, 10:48 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,866 Likes on 2,183 Posts

Here are the steering wheel and gear lever from the car I saw today. It was even more disgusting in person.

Whether it’s leather, race tex, or paint finishes a modicum of care is required.

Perhaps his hygiene or eating habits contributed…who knows.

Mine looks as delivered, I’ve seen decade old GT cars that are fine.

My 987 Spyder with leather had a bunch of gouges in the steering wheel and grab handle, so nothing is immune.
Alpha Ice (02-04-2023)
Old 12-23-2022, 01:25 AM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,499 Likes on 2,253 Posts

Come on, Cheeetos Fingers is going to make any material look like ****. Clean it lol, WTF is wrong with people.
Old 12-23-2022, 01:28 AM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Come on, Cheeetos Fingers is going to make any material look like ****. Clean it lol, WTF is wrong with people.
I doubt you can even clean it after it got to this point, but I told the dealer to let me know when they are done detailing it
Old 12-23-2022, 03:12 AM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

How do I make those come in black?

Name:  wcVUgI9.png
Views: 401
Size:  1.01 MB

Quick Reply: The Official Interior Pictures Thread