Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 and Spyder RS Aftermarket Exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2023, 03:54 AM
Sklambda
Intermediate

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts

I made a short clip of in car sound from Kline OAP and rear. You can still hear the intake just fine the iPhone mic doesn’t do it justice. My wife a bit sensitive to sound she drove the car and didn’t notice I had changed the exhaust haha.

The following users liked this post:
UncleDude (12-15-2023)
Old 12-15-2023, 04:16 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,273 Likes on 2,160 Posts

Originally Posted by Sklambda
I made a short clip of in car sound from Kline OAP and rear. You can still hear the intake just fine the iPhone mic doesn’t do it justice. My wife a bit sensitive to sound she drove the car and didn’t notice I had changed the exhaust haha.

https://youtube.com/shorts/Ijg_wrs_C...wGXQV4gvtwo5Nu
Thanks for sharing. Kline is known in these parts for solving the resonance issue on the 4.0L cars, how did they do on the 4RS? I’m hearing varied reports that the 2000 to 3000 range is not as good, or worse, than stock.
Old 12-15-2023, 10:06 PM
Sklambda
Intermediate

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Thanks for sharing. Kline is known in these parts for solving the resonance issue on the 4.0L cars, how did they do on the 4RS? I’m hearing varied reports that the 2000 to 3000 range is not as good, or worse, than stock.
I never head Kline on a gt4 or gts other then on video so I can’t really speak to that. On the 4rs, 2-3k does have a bit more drone then stock. If stock is a 2 then this is more like a 3-4. If it pass the wife test then I’m good. I’m not a big fan on loud exhaust but this really bring out the higher pitch tone the of engine sound while not losing the induction sound. It’s definitely something to be enjoyed in person.
Old 12-29-2023, 01:46 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,317 Likes on 724 Posts

Those that have been asking how my Fabspeed Exhaust sounds in the cabin and outside, here’s a new video that was made. I still have pure intake noise above 6k but sounds amazing on the exterior.

View this post on Instagram
Old 01-02-2024, 03:42 PM
rava981
AutoX

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GT4rsG
Small update , JCR’s valved rear section has arrived today , tomorrow i’m going to install it and a make a sound video with Akra’s OAP . Btw i’ve got the CEL after approx 100 km driving .

I am planing to go the same route except I dont know if the Akra OAP with 200cel are worth the extra money. As far as I know, the sound is the same and you still need a OBD killer for OBF so either way you get the CEL. I am thinking to go for soul of fabspeed oap resonated. What OBD killer do you use?

Also are you guys from EUROPE (stricter warranty conditions) planning to install the original exhaust when doing the service at the dealership to avoid your car being flagged?

Last edited by rava981; 01-02-2024 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-09-2024, 11:12 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,438 Likes on 1,978 Posts

Added Spyder to the thread title
The following users liked this post:
Fractal-Spyder (01-09-2024)
Old 01-09-2024, 11:20 AM
Fractal-Spyder
Racer

Received 113 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Added Spyder to the thread title
Thank you!

Originally Posted by rava981
I am planing to go the same route except I dont know if the Akra OAP with 200cel are worth the extra money. As far as I know, the sound is the same and you still need a OBD killer for OBF so either way you get the CEL. I am thinking to go for soul of fabspeed oap resonated. What OBD killer do you use?

Also are you guys from EUROPE (stricter warranty conditions) planning to install the original exhaust when doing the service at the dealership to avoid your car being flagged?
CEL should be expected. I'm sure the Lambda sensor is screaming "Foul!"
When I first did this for my Spyder, I used M-Tuner which suppressed this w/ matching tune for the pipes. I added few others things such as disable auto-start / stop & cylinder deactivation + some extra burble in the exhaust. Planning on going the same route for the SRS. You made a good choice with JCR. Jonny is amazing guy. He really takes care of his customers. Initially I had my Spyder completely straight piped. For the few months, it was fun, but the noise was becoming unbearable for longer highway rides, and on the low RPM driving in and out of the neighborhood, the drone became really annoying. I would have to wine out the motor on second gear, above 3000 RPM to make avoid the drone. Jonny swapped out my mid-pipe to a race-catted one for an unbelievabably reasonable price for the swap. Drone is still there, but much reduced, and the highway stints with the valves closed is significantly quiter.

For the SRS, I'll definitely go with the Catted mid pipes (or not if my combo has the cats on the headers) + valved, 'silenced' rears. I don't want dual-redundant cats. Acording to Jonny, this combo (catted midpipe + silenced rear) should kill almost all drones. I also think this is a good idea given the loud intake noise we'll be dealing with here. Loud intake + straight-pipe =

Last edited by Fractal-Spyder; 01-09-2024 at 11:37 AM.
Old 01-15-2024, 03:31 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts
Default GT4 RS OVER AXLE PIPES

Hello! Here at GMG, we offer OAP for the GT4 RS that help increase horsepower and produce an amazing sound – just the right amount of loudness. We've conducted dyno runs with a full exhaust system, but you end up lowering power, and it's frankly not street-friendly due to excessive noise. Our OAP, on the other hand, strikes the perfect balance, making it suitable for both performance and street driving.

https://shop.gmgracing.com/collectio...r-axle-pipes-1

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 01-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,532 Likes on 778 Posts

Originally Posted by gmgracing
Hello! Here at GMG, we offer OAP for the GT4 RS that help increase horsepower and produce an amazing sound – just the right amount of loudness. We've conducted dyno runs with a full exhaust system, but you end up lowering power, and it's frankly not street-friendly due to excessive noise. Our OAP, on the other hand, strikes the perfect balance, making it suitable for both performance and street driving.

https://shop.gmgracing.com/collectio...r-axle-pipes-1
Are these double catted now, with one off the headers and one on the OAP?
Old 01-15-2024, 03:58 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,470 Likes on 916 Posts

Originally Posted by Ksdaoski
Are these double catted now, with one off the headers and one on the OAP?

From the factory for US Spec cars yes....two cats
Old 01-15-2024, 05:12 PM
BlueGT4
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Why do you need two cats on US spec cars? There is no cat there from a factory just a non-functional filter. The whole point of an aftermarket OAP is to remove the filter restriction. What am I missing here?
Old 01-15-2024, 05:18 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BlueGT4
Why do you need two cats on US spec cars? There is no cat there from a factory just a non-functional filter. The whole point of an aftermarket OAP is to remove the filter restriction. What am I missing here?

If you are referring to aftermarket OAP with cats the reason is that you can run race headers with no cats....by not using cats at the headers you can optimize the design of the header for better flow while still keeping the car street legal with a 200-cell cat on the OAP.
Old 01-15-2024, 05:25 PM
BlueGT4
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Got it. I assumed that kept stock headers in place.
Old 01-15-2024, 05:26 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,532 Likes on 778 Posts

That's my question and confusion. It appears that they are selling the pipes with additional cat's. But no word on catless headers from GMG. So if I was to buy these pipes and add them to my US spec car, I would now have two sets of cats.
Old 01-15-2024, 05:29 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ksdaoski
That's my question and confusion. It appears that they are selling the pipes with additional cat's. But no word on catless headers from GMG. So if I was to buy these pipes and add them to my US spec car, I would now have two sets of cats.

Yes....it will probably flow better than the OEM but you still have two bottlenecks on the system

Last edited by jmartpr; 01-17-2024 at 07:40 AM.

Quick Reply: GT4 and Spyder RS Aftermarket Exhausts