Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Where are the Ice Grey Metallics?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2022 | 07:36 AM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Archimedes
There is thread in the 992 subforum that has some pics of Ice Grey on the 992 in different lighting.
Worth checking out, I'm now a total fan of the color!

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1306...c-build-2.html

I can see in some of the pics in that thread that the metallic flakes don't really show themselves that well in photos. Very similar to Papaya Metallic on the Macan... I didn't like the color until I saw it in person, and the flakes in the paint really stand out and make it joyful to look at. I can sort of tell in some pics of the 911s in that thread and even taking a harder look at the GT3RS pics I posted- Ice Grey Metallic is a beautiful color actually and I can see why it's considered a "special color".

Again, there's not many colors I straight up don't like on these cars. Racing Yellow, Python Green, Night Blue, and even Saphire Blue are example non-starters for me. I can appreciate the colors but wouldn't have them for myself. I love Carrara White- I've had it on two cars!- but to be honest, I've never liked it as much as Mineral White on the BMW M cars. I think Ice Grey Metallic is very similar to Mineral White due to the more pronounced nature of the metal flakes. Personally I think it has more character than Carrara.

Now we just need someone to actually post some pictures of their Ice Grey Metallic 718s lol.

Quick Reply: Where are the Ice Grey Metallics?