Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4RS driving / ownership impressions

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2022, 01:39 PM
Turki GT4 RS
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Odin
After collection @viola_gt4rs just over 3 weeks ago, I must say this is peak Porsche. Peak ANYTHING for that matter, as no matter how much money you pay for ANY car, it’s boring compared to the GT4RS.

Driving 1340kms home over two days from the dealer, I realized this is completely different from ANYTHING out there. The LWBS are more comfortable to my body than the 18-w of my previous Taycan. The ride quality is of course more race car than Mercedes’ S-class, but I found even the SPORT suspension setting usable on our B-roads (no transverse joints around here), and the normal setting is absolutely fine for touring long distances. The noise in the cabin is made up from tyre noise and the intake, and with the exhaust in it’s normal setting, completely fine for touring. After half an hour I ditched the BOSE noise canceling head set and just marveled at the mechanical sounds of valves opening and closing produced, the slurping sounds of air being sucked in behind your neck and the incredible tones you could dish out via the positioning of your throttle pedal. It’s like playing an instrument. With the sport exhaust engaged (running in), there’s an annoying drone at moderate throttle levels overwhelming the cabin, so I preferred to Drive with sport exhaust off, since you then better hear what’s happening behind you. With the sport exhaust engaged you have to be on it and push through the 4000rpm drone barrier to get to the sounds you want.

After running in we’ve gotten the full 9000rpm experience and the YouTube videos can’t provide nothing of a he impression you get IRL. It’s just like having AC/DC playing a live concert 1 foot away. As much faster on track and a technological tour de force the new 992GT3RS for sure is, it won’t be anything close to the next level of hooliganism the GT4RS provides. A 992GT3 is just plain boring and very 1-dimensional in comparison.

In summary the GT4RS is very old school without tech that makes it clinically sterile to drive, albeit mated to a magical PDK transmission and the Porsche motorsport engine, making it best of both worlds, just how I like it.

This car is the end of the road as far as ICE cars are concerned.

Born in Flacht🏆

Totally agree with your observations/impressions.
especially after break in, unique and one of its kind experience.
Old 10-24-2022, 06:43 PM
ilovegt
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 34 Posts

I am so eager for mine, Gulf orange. Mine will be here in Jan/Feb. I can't wait to compare it to my 458, STO and Alfa 4c Spyder. Does any of you have comparison to Ferrari/Lambo mid engine car?

Last edited by ilovegt; 10-25-2022 at 03:11 AM.
Old 10-24-2022, 06:54 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,337 Likes on 757 Posts

Originally Posted by Zhao
I'm sure that is what people say about GT4 owners. Seems like a normal car for me to own now but sometimes I realize there are only 20+ in my province of over 4 million.
That is very true. I count myself incredibly lucky that I was able to be in a position to purchase one. Its all about perspective. I mean hell even when I had my S2000 there were people who would tell me its their dream car and that they hope they would be able to buy one someday. I definitely will not be taking this GT4 for granted. Its a huge dream and goal of mine.
The following users liked this post:
Unstock (10-24-2022)
Old 10-25-2022, 12:35 AM
gtr
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
That is very true. I count myself incredibly lucky that I was able to be in a position to purchase one. Its all about perspective. I mean hell even when I had my S2000 there were people who would tell me its their dream car and that they hope they would be able to buy one someday. I definitely will not be taking this GT4 for granted. Its a huge dream and goal of mine.
I wished I kept my S2kcr. It's a classic today and this GT4RS is probably the best car i've owned. Maybe I haven't driven my 981 GT4 since sold a while back but I do not remember it being this nimble. Kinda reminds me of the lancer evolution without the plowing understeer. Did someone just upgarded from a GT4 to RS. Is the RS lighter on it's toes compared to the standrad GT4 or is it the power, noise and throttle response throwing my senses off?

Last edited by gtr; 10-25-2022 at 12:37 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DFW01TT (10-25-2022)

Quick Reply: GT4RS driving / ownership impressions