Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Complaint and buy back through PCNA

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2022, 07:30 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,828 Likes on 888 Posts

Originally Posted by FazedChicken
I'm the OP from the post about the engine failure. I later learned that the $25k was the discount price including returning the "engine core" back to Germany. It would have been even higher otherwise. Expensive life lesson. I've since steered many people away from that corporate dealer. I've heard of others having a bad time with them too, although not to my extent.
I was going to say, GT engines are usually around $40k.
Old 10-12-2022, 07:56 AM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,140 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally Posted by MaddMike
This was an S though, right? Pretty steep for a flat four, but not really much of a surprise. It's still a Porsche engine, after all.
Old 10-12-2022, 08:48 AM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,828 Likes on 888 Posts

Originally Posted by manifold danger
This was an S though, right? Pretty steep for a flat four, but not really much of a surprise. It's still a Porsche engine, after all.
That's just the engine. Installation is another matter. If he got a new engine for $25k installed, while that sucks it is less than the going rate it you were to call your dealer and ask how much to install a new engine.
Old 10-12-2022, 10:03 AM
FazedChicken
Banned

Received 159 Likes on 120 Posts

It was a 718 S.
Old 10-12-2022, 10:03 AM
FazedChicken
Banned

Received 159 Likes on 120 Posts

That's just the engine. Installation is another matter. If he got a new engine for $25k installed, while that sucks it is less than the going rate it you were to call your dealer and ask how much to install a new engine.
That was the installed cost. $25k was the hit to my wallet for the whole ordeal. For a 2.5L turbo engine.

That's with a 10 or 15% discount I was able to get after taking my car to a "real" dealer that I have contacts with.

Last edited by FazedChicken; 10-12-2022 at 10:05 AM.
The following users liked this post:
MaddMike (10-12-2022)
Old 10-12-2022, 12:59 PM
devarenacn
Advanced

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Just got word back from the lead tech from the dealership: they couldn’t reproduce the sticky clutch issue (as they couldn’t reproduce my 2nd gear grind issue previously as well). But this time after they lift the car up, they heard a clunky sound when shifting, not sure what the root cause is so this will be an exploratory fix. They’re gonna swap the pressure plate/flywheel first, if that doesn’t fix it then it will be a full transmission swap.

Guess I won’t need to decide sell/keep the car for a short while lol
The following 2 users liked this post by devarenacn:
Larry Cable (10-12-2022), Zhao (10-12-2022)
Old 10-12-2022, 01:32 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,804 Likes on 986 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
The cherry on top of that **** sandwich that would have made me go nuclear was that Porsche wouldn’t give him the engine back. Unless he agreed up front in writing that the price for the new engine assumed swap for the original, I would pressed charges for theft.
Yup, we have a law here that they need to give your 'broken' parts back on work you're paying for if the customer asks for them. They broke that law if what Op of that thread says is true.

There are often engine core charges but if you're willing to eat the core cost, it should be yours. Big $$ failure like that that they're denying warranty, I'd want to crack that engine open to see how it failed as once the engine is out barely any labour is needed to open the engine up. A spun bearing may have done almost no damage to the engine too so it might not be too costly to fix. Everyone knows unless OP was running the engine with oil below the minimum recommended, an engine failure for oil starvation on track from suspension mods is bull****, especially when OP was on 4s's.
Old 10-26-2022, 02:43 PM
devarenacn
Advanced

And this, is probably my last update on this issue. They found the root cause, the input shaft has free play and was making a not normal sound when shifting into gears, also clutch fork under certain condition would not move back freely. So, they ordered a new gearbox last week, and I was suppose to get the car back today, but the transmission is delayed during transit so it won't be here until mid November. Decided ****ed it, enough is enough, so bye bye Spyder

and hello 992.

The following 3 users liked this post by devarenacn:
IrwinMFletcher (10-28-2022), josephr25 (10-28-2022), manifold danger (10-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 02:48 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,695 Likes on 2,732 Posts

@devarenacn To bad it came to this and you have decided to move on, your replacement ride looks very nice, certainly different from a Spyder, enjoy!
Old 10-26-2022, 02:51 PM
devarenacn
Advanced

Originally Posted by Westcoast
@devarenacn To bad it came to this and you have decided to move on, your replacement ride looks very nice, certainly different from a Spyder, enjoy!
Thanks. It's definitely a shame, after waiting quite a bit for the allocation and 10 months for the car to get built, only to "enjoy" it for less than 7 months. The 992 hopefully will do its job to bridge me over until the 992 GTS allocation is here for me.
The following 2 users liked this post by devarenacn:
SpyderSenseOC (10-26-2022), UncleDude (10-26-2022)
Old 10-28-2022, 12:22 AM
ilovegt
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 34 Posts

Lemon.
Old 10-28-2022, 01:32 AM
rj2014
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by devarenacn
Thanks. It's definitely a shame, after waiting quite a bit for the allocation and 10 months for the car to get built, only to "enjoy" it for less than 7 months. The 992 hopefully will do its job to bridge me over until the 992 GTS allocation is here for me.
OP sorry you had to go through this. Your 992 looks really nice though.

I have a qq regarding your interactions with PCNA if you don't mind answering. In one of your earlier posts, you mentioned that PCNA offered some compensation. Was this to cover for the downtime or all the extra depreciation your car took during repairs? My 2021 Cayenne S will most likely need an engine replacement due to an obscene amount of metal shavings leaking into the oil housing and filter so want to understand what my options are with PCNA. I'd like to sell the car once the engine is replaced but trying to see if I can be compensated for the hit in my car's value due to this. Please DM me if you are not comfortable answering this publicly.
Old 10-28-2022, 08:27 AM
devarenacn
Advanced

Originally Posted by rj2014
OP sorry you had to go through this. Your 992 looks really nice though.

I have a qq regarding your interactions with PCNA if you don't mind answering. In one of your earlier posts, you mentioned that PCNA offered some compensation. Was this to cover for the downtime or all the extra depreciation your car took during repairs? My 2021 Cayenne S will most likely need an engine replacement due to an obscene amount of metal shavings leaking into the oil housing and filter so want to understand what my options are with PCNA. I'd like to sell the car once the engine is replaced but trying to see if I can be compensated for the hit in my car's value due to this. Please DM me if you are not comfortable answering this publicly.
Not at all the happy to shed some lights on the situation. So their response was once the car is back from the shop, and only then there could be talks about that. And if you want to go that route, you’d need to open up a complaint case with PNCA, I’d suggest you give them a call asap and tell them your concern.
Old 10-28-2022, 12:50 PM
rj2014
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by devarenacn
Not at all the happy to shed some lights on the situation. So their response was once the car is back from the shop, and only then there could be talks about that. And if you want to go that route, you’d need to open up a complaint case with PNCA, I’d suggest you give them a call asap and tell them your concern.

Thank you! Will open a complaint with PCNA today.

Quick Reply: Complaint and buy back through PCNA