Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

CGTS Front Grille Element - Anyone WRAP It ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2022, 07:28 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,030 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadrunnerGTS
$230 replacement part if owners are concerned about it. Replacement probable cheaper than painting or wrapping it
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU718GTSFBT.html
Great, thanks for that. The issue is I don't want to drive around with chips on these parts. I'm from the school of prevention rather than repair/replacement later. (ie, I have PPF on the entire car). So I would consider buying this new part and getting it wrapped. I wonder about the middle black part too.
Old 10-05-2022, 07:43 PM
RoadrunnerGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,085 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
Great, thanks for that. The issue is I don't want to drive around with chips on these parts. I'm from the school of prevention rather than repair/replacement later. (ie, I have PPF on the entire car). So I would consider buying this new part and getting it wrapped. I wonder about the middle black part too.
If you use these cars as intended, they will not stay pristine. All my paintwork is PPF'd, but not doing black plastics, as cheap to replace if they get really bad over the years.
PPF with stone chips also looks bad. Within a few months, my rocker panels PPF are full of chips, but that's what the PPF is there for.
Old 10-05-2022, 07:49 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,030 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadrunnerGTS
If you use these cars as intended, they will not stay pristine. All my paintwork is PPF'd, but not doing black plastics, as cheap to replace if they get really bad over the years.
PPF with stone chips also looks bad. Within a few months, my rocker panels PPF are full of chips, but that's what the PPF is there for.
I'm with you. My PPF got chip marks almost day one. And for the windshield especially.

Quick Reply: CGTS Front Grille Element - Anyone WRAP It ?