Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

PDLS+ and Dashcam

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2022, 10:43 AM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,140 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally Posted by Unstock
For that $$ you can get the BEST BlackVue top of the line unit with 4K front and 2k rear cams
I call BS; for $130 for the factory pre-wiring option and $475 for the cam itself, you're saying I can get a "factory quality" install plus front and rear cams?

For ~$620?

I think you're missing the "factory install" part. It's what's kept me from getting dashcam in the first place... the cost alone is a deterrent, but even moreso is hacking away the headliner/interior trim pieces. I refuse to do it myself as I've broken stupid little tabs and left "screwdriver marks" and the such because I'm not a professional, and I don't really trust any local shops to do it either. I have one shop in mind that did a pretty good job (but not perfect...) on a radio install on my son's Civic, but this is not a Civic and "pretty good job" isn't what I'm after. Plus I imagine a top-quality job by an indy would cost at least an extra $500, and I've heard the dealer charges in excess of $1k for the Porsche dashcam install without the factory wiring.

All this to say, is that a factory option is appealing to folks like me, who just can't be bothered to deal with it just to have the highest resolution and "consistent features". If it's crap, I'm out $130. Less than the cost of the designer fuel cap...

Again, there are tons of micro-discussions on this board around the new dashcam option, and nearly every single person who's already paid/DIY'd to have it done already ****s all over the Porsche option.

Quick Reply: PDLS+ and Dashcam