Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Stripes on the Cayman today

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2022, 08:21 PM
jwr9152
Burning Brakes

Received 353 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by slilley
I'd be a little hesitant to use anything stronger than the Mother's R3 remover. Those adhesive removers can be pretty strong! I've used the Mother's on PPF for about a year now and no obvious problems with doing it.
I've used Liquid Performance RDX for a year on PPF with no problem, and it works much better then R3.
Old 09-26-2022, 08:27 PM
jwr9152
Burning Brakes

Received 353 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by nineball
i have tried so many products for removing the after-effects of a track weekend i have lost count. by far this is the best product i have used:

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c...+and+tar&pos=4

spray it on a dry surface, wait 30 seconds, use a microfiber cloth to wipe it off, wash car. safely works on PPF and ceramic coatings. i found a lot of reviews on a motorcycle forum i am on and everyone swore by it, so i tried and it and fell in love. it smells great too!

for a point of reference i spent 3 days at daytona (worst track i have ever been on for rubber debris) and my white car was mostly black in front. ended up using a full can that time but in under 5 minutes the car was white again. as noted above it also works great for removing bugs from a bike.
Good price, I'll have to give it a try.

Quick Reply: Stripes on the Cayman today