Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 GT4 Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2022, 09:17 PM
RoadrunnerGTS
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,081 Likes on 538 Posts

BONOSS make some good spacers too. I actually have a set of 10mm which I never installed as went with FC 7mm.
https://www.bonoss.com/vehicles/718-16-present/

I have 2 sets of 4 10mm spacers from Bonoss, 1 set is 3 prong, other 5 prong. If you lived closer I'd give them to you as I don't intend ever going over 7mm now. The quality looks great.

Here are some others too:
https://store.numericracing.com/coll...ls-and-spacers
https://www.fvd.net/us-en/FVD3519961...ividually.html
https://4wheelspacers.com/shop/porsc...32-product_tag
https://roadsportsupply.com/955-957-...eel-lug-bolts/
The following users liked this post:
Avera (08-25-2022)
Old 08-25-2022, 09:41 PM
Avera
Burning Brakes

Received 439 Likes on 256 Posts

Thank you @RoadrunnerGTS

I think I am just about decided to just go with the Future Classic 7mm spacers . . . seems to be a proven product.

If I were getting windshield wipers I would not mind taking a chance . . . with spacers, not so much.

Avera
Old 08-25-2022, 09:53 PM
RoadrunnerGTS
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,081 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by Avera
Thank you @RoadrunnerGTS

I think I am just about decided to just go with the Future Classic 7mm spacers . . . seems to be a proven product.

If I were getting windshield wipers I would not mind taking a chance . . . with spacers, not so much.

Avera
Agreed, I have the FC 7mm. Great product.
Old 08-25-2022, 10:18 PM
Pete C
Pro

Received 134 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadrunnerGTS
Agreed, I have the FC 7mm. Great product.
Ive had the 4wheelspacers brand on my RSQ8 for a year and 1/2 and 22k miles
Zero issues to date!
jgreen76 (12-21-2022)
Old 08-26-2022, 01:00 AM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,111 Likes on 672 Posts

Thank you Dnimi

I will start out with the 7mm spacers up front for aesthetics.

I drive in a spirited fashion, but the stock step-up exceeds my ability to expose its limits that you have pointed out. If I were a tracker I might want 'more' out it.

My GT4 has Dundon Sport Headers/OAPs and it sounds like a race car to me, and makes me feel like I am a race car driver . . . but I am not.

Avera
At least get the rear toe links from Tarrett and a decent alignment of about neg 2 front and rear.... you will be amazed how even this simple adjustment fixes many of the problems from the factory. The cars stock alignment is horrible - you need the rear toe links because Porsche (in their infinite wisdumb) hobbled the car with a static rear toe link that you cant get more than -1.6 camber. The car really needs -2.0 to -2.2 front and -2.0 rear. Take a look at the alignment thread. This is my number one mod before the exhaust anything (i have the full Kline Inconel exhaust with 200 cell cats

Last edited by dnimi123; 08-26-2022 at 05:24 PM.
Avera (08-26-2022)
Old 08-26-2022, 04:46 PM
Avera
Burning Brakes

Thank you @dnimi123

I will take a look at the thread you have referenced . . . I do not even know what a 'Tarrett' is, so I have a feeling things will quickly get over my head in the thread.

Couple questions:

1. What is the stock front and rear cambers?

2. Will changing the camber to -2.0 up front and the rear tilt the wheels/tires inward noticeably and/or produce undesirable tread wear?

Thank you again

Avera
Old 08-26-2022, 05:24 PM
AtoB
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 68 Posts

lol... well.. I just received my spacers.. I ordered them in 10MM for the front. after I installed them, something looked off.. I took them off and saw that one was 10MM the other was 8MM.i didnt think 2MM difference would be as noticeable as it was, but it really is. the good news is that I actually much preferred the 8MM, it looked perfect. so that is the silver lining! im going with 8MM now.. should have them next week.
Avera (08-26-2022)
Old 08-26-2022, 05:36 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,111 Likes on 672 Posts

Thank you @dnimi123

I will take a look at the thread you have referenced . . . I do not even know what a 'Tarrett' is, so I have a feeling things will quickly get over my head in the thread.

Couple questions:

1. What is the stock front and rear cambers?

2. Will changing the camber to -2.0 up front and the rear tilt the wheels/tires inward noticeably and/or produce undesirable tread wear?

Thank you again

Avera
1. Stock camber from the factory is all over the place. but in most cases around -1.2 to -1.4 which makes the car 'stand on its toes' a bit much and doesnt do the wonderful chassis any favors.
2. All cases point to no additional tire wear from going up to -2.0 to -2.2 front and rear. In fact the GT4 has remarkably even tire wear across most case uses. However you will only get about 10,000 good miles max out of the cup2s.. so whats a few hundred miles more or less to get the suspension to work properly.
3. Going to -2.0 or so will NOT pin the tires inward nor should it change the caster or other alignment elements too far out of whack.

Here is the link to the links https://roadsportsupply.com/cart.php...7-3d85e8edfbed I said Tarett but you can get from RSS

Find a decent suspension/alignment shop in your area and thank me later! Seriously you will be amazed at the difference in handling and feel. There are also many many posts about alignment and suspension on this forum for this car. Let us know how it works out! Enjoy!

Last edited by dnimi123; 08-26-2022 at 05:37 PM.
Avera (08-26-2022)
Old 08-26-2022, 05:37 PM
Avera
Burning Brakes

@AtoB

I am assuming, given the sizes you received, you went with the hub centric 4wheelspacers?

Can you post a pic on car?

Avera
Old 08-26-2022, 05:39 PM
Josh_357
Racer

Received 351 Likes on 182 Posts

Thank you again

Avera
Depends on how you accomplish it. If it is changes to the top of the strut via the stock slotted holes or an aftermarket top mount, the whole whelp will tilt in relative to the lower ball joint. If you add shims to the LCAs the whole wheel will tilt out, on the fulcrum of the top mount.
Avera (08-26-2022)
Old 08-26-2022, 05:44 PM
AtoB
Rennlist Member

correct...thier customer service has been great. they are sending out a new set,,,I unfortunately didnt take a pic on them on... I was a bit caught up in the moment... the 8MM sat perfectly flush... the 10MM stuck out just a bit. initially I installed the 10M first not knowing the issue.. I was looking at it and wishing I had gone with 8MM... so it worked out great. the quality looks great, and the fact they fit the 5 prong was great!.. I did take a pic of just the spacer..

Avera (08-26-2022)
Old 08-26-2022, 09:11 PM
Avera
Burning Brakes

Thank you @dnimi123 . . . I will take e look
Old 08-26-2022, 09:28 PM
Avera
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AtoB
correct...thier customer service has been great. they are sending out a new set,,,I unfortunately didnt take a pic on them on... I was a bit caught up in the moment... the 8MM sat perfectly flush... the 10MM stuck out just a bit. initially I installed the 10M first not knowing the issue.. I was looking at it and wishing I had gone with 8MM... so it worked out great. the quality looks great, and the fact they fit the 5 prong was great!.. I did take a pic of just the spacer..

AtoB

You and @Pete C have me flip-flopping in mind all over the place . . . I was ready to hit the purchase button yesterday on the FC 7mm spacers because I actually liked the fact that the spacers are flat and come with screws to mount to the hub.

However, all along I wanted something a bit bigger, and 4wheelspacer offers 10 and 12mm spacers . . . I get the sense I want a little more poke than you are after? I want the front treads to be at the outer edge of the top of the fender well so the sidewall 'bulges' just outside the outer edger of the fender well.

I wish you would have taken a picture of the 8mm and 10mm on your car but, since you did not, can you tell me which of the two accomplishes what I stated as my desire above.

Thank you again

Avera
Old 08-26-2022, 09:40 PM
Avera
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Josh_357
Depends on how you accomplish it. If it is changes to the top of the strut via the stock slotted holes or an aftermarket top mount, the whole whelp will tilt in relative to the lower ball joint. If you add shims to the LCAs the whole wheel will tilt out, on the fulcrum of the top mount.
Thank you Josh

You and @dnimi123 sound like you have a lot of experience with these mechanical matters, and also have a reason you are after more performance . . . I suspect you both spend time on the track where these adjustments really make a big difference.

I have no doubt @dnimi123 is absolutely correct in stating some relatively small changes can make a difference in driving experience . . . however, these things that come quite easy to each of you represent a major step for me.

So, I am going to try and read-up a bit an educate myself a bit, but I am honestly not sure I need 'more' for my spirited daily driving. . . oh, and yes, I drive my GT4 everywhere I go, unless I have more than one of my five girls with me. I am probably in the minority of GT4 owners, but I cannot afford to spend as much as I did on my GT4 to not drive the wheels off of it.

Avera
Old 08-26-2022, 10:15 PM
AtoB
Rennlist Member

AtoB

You and @Pete C have me flip-flopping in mind all over the place . . . I was ready to hit the purchase button yesterday on the FC 7mm spacers because I actually liked the fact that the spacers are flat and come with screws to mount to the hub.

However, all along I wanted something a bit bigger, and 4wheelspacer offers 10 and 12mm spacers . . . I get the sense I want a little more poke than you are after? I want the front treads to be at the outer edge of the top of the fender well so the sidewall 'bulges' just outside the outer edger of the fender well.

I wish you would have taken a picture of the 8mm and 10mm on your car but, since you did not, can you tell me which of the two accomplishes what I stated as my desire above.

Thank you again

Avera
I looked at FC 7mm... liked the design and that they fixed themselves to the brakes... their CS was disappointing... im sure 7MM would have been great, but I went with 4WS... they have been great to deal with even with the mismatch issue... I dont think you'll have any regrets with the FC spacers... they look like they are really well designed.... whats one MM? I say go for it
Avera (08-26-2022)

Quick Reply: 718 GT4 Spacers