Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Automotive Psychosis

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2022 | 04:53 PM
993TurboS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dyim
I got a ND as a test to see if I like a vert, it was my first vert. Then I added the Spyder.

True you can go WOT on city streets in the Miata without risking life or license. Needless to say, it runs out of steam quickly at freeway speed.

I just went back to the ND after the 3 month honeymoon with the Spyder. My first impression was it was so tight in the cockpit. (I am 6’2” and long in the legs). Everything like steering and pedal effort is so light. Of course less solid Japanese build quality compared with German. I would say ND is 718-lite. Make sure you test drive a ND before you go back, you might regret it. Too bad the BRZ/86 doesn’t come with open top. That could be the Goldilocks car (with some mods) in between the ND and 718.

For anyone interested, I just listed my 2021 Miata on Autotrader. It is perfect, but I just bought a 718 Spyder and 7 cars is too many. Offering for a little over what Carmax offered. I absolutely love the Miata, but wanted to try a Spyder, and can't justify both, especially since I am out of garage space. PM if interested.
The following users liked this post:
daaa nope (08-08-2022)
Old 08-09-2022 | 12:57 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by daaa nope
Funny - I'm a CADD sufferer as well, though it's been slightly in remission the last couple years.

As such, I've had my current Cayenne Diesel going on 4 years now (which is a record for a daily driver) and only recently have I been contemplating a change - and in that case, it's not because I'm tired of it. It's because I have an open opportunity to order a Macan GTS at MSRP, and given it's basically the last generation of non-electrics means it's likely the last NEW Porsche I'll ever order.

A good friend of mine might be interested in your Cayenne Diesel. LMK if you're seriously interested in selling. Thx.
daaa nope (08-09-2022)
Old 08-09-2022 | 11:03 AM
daaa nope
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
A good friend of mine might be interested in your Cayenne Diesel. LMK if you're seriously interested in selling. Thx.
Thanks - I'll keep you in mind. Right now I'm trying very hard to talk myself OUT of buying something new and keeping the Diesel a little while longer.
HelpMeHelpU (08-09-2022)
Old 08-09-2022 | 06:03 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Originally Posted by daaa nope
Thanks - I'll keep you in mind. Right now I'm trying very hard to talk myself OUT of buying something new and keeping the Diesel a little while longer.
I only looked into a bit but I was maybe thinking of a new macan for 2024. Are you sure they're only going to be EV? I thought they were going to have gas options still for some trim levels as the EV is probably going to be priced around what the turbo was.
Old 08-09-2022 | 06:23 PM
daaa nope
Burning Brakes

That's what I'm hearing. Following in the Cayman/Boxster footsteps. I know the Macan Turbo will be the first EV version but they're expected to go 100% electric across the line shortly thereafter from what I've heard - might be a year behind the Box/Cay going 100% EV.
The following 2 users liked this post by daaa nope:
JAhmed (08-09-2022), Zhao (08-09-2022)
Old 08-09-2022 | 10:26 PM
993TurboS
Rennlist Member

Out with the old, in with the new. Miata is going, Will miss it, but the Spyder is next level. Fair to call it psychosis. Or just fun.

Quick Reply: Automotive Psychosis