Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4RS Deliveries and Production Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2023 | 09:20 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mojonito
I never recieved pics
You might be able to see them on the MyPorsche ID page.
Old 01-06-2023 | 09:48 PM
Patrick3000
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pfbz
Gorgeous....

I also went CP8.0 / V300 yesterday according to TYD, but still can't find any production line pictures through the 'back door'. Did your photos show up on the web interface directly? And what twas the timing vs. the actual V300 date?
Thank you

I received an e-mail today that said:

“Congratulations! Your new 718 Cayman GT4 RS has just completed the production process in our Stuttgart Zuffenhausen factory.”

My photos were part of that update, they did not show under “TYD”

SOP was 12/16/22, planned completion 1/20/23 and actual 1/06/2023.

Coincidentally I was at the dealership yesterday completing the paperwork on my trade. The GM said that if my GT4 RS completed production soon it may be at the dealership end of the month. I thought he was optimistic, we will see what happens.

Last edited by Patrick3000; 01-06-2023 at 09:50 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Patrick3000:
KLCC 88 (01-06-2023), pfbz (01-07-2023)
Old 01-06-2023 | 11:23 PM
JAMS
Pro

Default On Vessel

Received this 'proof of life' photo a few weeks ago... any thoughts on how to find one of the completed car, as some have posted?

BTW, it had been sitting at the Emden port for five weeks before boarding today! - 34 days to dealership.

The following 2 users liked this post by JAMS:
Itzkirb (01-10-2023), usctrojanGT3 (01-12-2023)
Old 01-07-2023 | 09:51 PM
716GT4
Track Day

Go to Porshce app or install one. When Porsche completed your car, They will post a picture of your completed car in the app. I saw mine in the app.
Old 01-09-2023 | 12:37 AM
alexlude
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JAMS
Received this 'proof of life' photo a few weeks ago... any thoughts on how to find one of the completed car, as some have posted?

BTW, it had been sitting at the Emden port for five weeks before boarding today! - 34 days to dealership.

Nice, Nogaro or Shark? Cant tell from lighting...
The following users liked this post:
KLCC 88 (01-13-2023)
Old 01-12-2023 | 10:29 AM
Axis
Instructor

Heard from my SA today that one of the reasons my build has been delayed was due to waiting on pccb's and lwbs. Car originally entered the body shop 9/13 and was supposed to be done last week of September, now production completions set at 2/17.
Old 01-12-2023 | 11:36 AM
rooster17
Pro

Originally Posted by Axis
Heard from my SA today that one of the reasons my build has been delayed was due to waiting on pccb's and lwbs. Car originally entered the body shop 9/13 and was supposed to be done last week of September, now production completions set at 2/17.
His reasons are suspect. I have both of those on my build and it was built almost two months after yours. No delays in manufacturing, plenty of delay at port though. Seems most get caught somewhere longer than expected.
Old 01-12-2023 | 12:24 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

That is very interesting because my car is scheduled to be completed on 2/17 as well (I also have PCCBs). My car kept getting bumped back 1-2 weeks at a time for a total of 8 weeks (delivery was to be early Feb and now it is end of March).
Old 01-12-2023 | 12:26 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rooster17
His reasons are suspect. I have both of those on my build and it was built almost two months after yours. No delays in manufacturing, plenty of delay at port though. Seems most get caught somewhere longer than expected.
If it's not PTS then it's waiting for part and if it's not that then it's shipping delays. It's best to expect delays so that way you won't be disappointed.
Old 01-12-2023 | 01:01 PM
sdillon
Rennlist Member

Mine is configured with PCCBs and buckets, but I got a relatively recent allocation in December and my production date has stayed at 2/10 with a completion date of 2/17 the whole time. Maybe there's some truth to the SA's statement and Porsche is waiting on a boat load of rotors to arrive in early February.
Old 01-12-2023 | 01:22 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sdillon
...Maybe there's some truth to the SA's statement and Porsche is waiting on a boat load of rotors to arrive in early February.
Your confirmed began production (body shop) 9/13 and completion estimate bumped out to 2/17?
I've not heard of anything remotely similar...

Could PCCB's be holding it up for that long, they certainly have completed dozens of 4RS's with PCCB brakes since 9/13, including mine.

Same with LWCB's. Probably at least eight out of ten 4RS's that have come off the line since yours entered production have carbon buckets?

On the 'worst-case theory' side, and I do NOT think this is the case, but nevertheless:
  • A part is in short supply...
  • Manufacturer decides to produce cars without the needed parts, knowing these will require off-assembly-line rework....
  • "Mostly finished" cars come off the line and are stockpiled...
  • Constrained parts arrive, but still in limited numbers. They are installed into current production-line vehicles instead of retrofitted into the "mostly finished" because it takes less time.
  • More sales revenue booked for the end of the day/week/month/quarter/year.
  • Those "mostly completed" cars languish, get reworked at a fairly slow rate.
Sounds far fetched? This is exactly what happened to Ford Bronco buyers... The huge parking area with all the mostly finished Broncos where they sat for months and months even gained some folklore and a nickname, "mud mountain".

Last edited by pfbz; 01-12-2023 at 01:30 PM.
Old 01-12-2023 | 02:01 PM
Axis
Instructor

Your confirmed began production (body shop) 9/13 and completion estimate bumped out to 2/17?

Could PCCB's be holding it up for that long, they certainly have completed dozens of 4RS's with PCCB brakes since 9/13, including mine.

Same with LWCB's. Probably at least eight out of ten 4RS's that have come off the line since yours entered production have carbon buckets?

On the 'worst-case theory' side, and I do NOT think this is the case, but nevertheless:
  • Manufacturer decides to produce cars without the needed parts, knowing these will require off-assembly-line rework....
  • Constrained parts arrive, but still in limited numbers. They are installed into current production-line vehicles instead of retrofitted into the "mostly finished" because it takes less time.
Sounds far fetched? This is exactly what happened to Ford Bronco buyers... The huge parking area with all the mostly finished Broncos where they sat for months and months even gained some folklore and a nickname, "mud mountain".
Yup, as weird as it sounds my car entered the body shop 9/13 and has been stuck in limbo ever since.
Old 01-12-2023 | 02:08 PM
FRIZ
Rennlist Member

Mine too, went into production 9/1 exited production 9/6 .....Completion date 2/17
Mine is, White, steel brakes , Bose , LWB and ,No WP ,
Old 01-12-2023 | 04:50 PM
tdlondon
Rennlist Member

Mine happened exactly the same. Freeze 9/27, start production 10/24 and had CP8.0 on 10/31, then moved to 11/4, to 12/3 and then the big punt until 2/17. GR, WP, LWBS, PCCB. If I could go back in time I would not have gotten the PCCBs
Old 01-12-2023 | 05:30 PM
unotaz
Drifting

So I picked up my GT4RS yesterday and did about a 50 miles drive right away to get a feel of the car. Overall, I walk away very impressed with it. Here are my initial notes and criticisms:

Steering - not a whole lot of feel in this department, which is a shame considering that this is the RS version of the 718 platform. Steering is on par with my 992 GT3 Touring, which isn't great either. After my drive with the GT4RS, I had to go pick up dinner for the family and went into my Cayenne Turbo GT, which ironically, has one of the best Porsche steering system I have experienced in years.

Braking - typical GT braking feel, which is excellent in both feel and power. It is, however, not the next level stuff like my Mclaren Senna LM or the Huracan STO. I think it is time for Porsche to start introducing CCM-R rotors in their RS products soon.

Engine- this engine loves to rev and the intake sound between 8000-9000rpm makes this car is to die for. Not super loud, but the harmonics is beautifully tuned. I don't follow the break-in procedure, so it was 9000rpm as soon as I left the dealership!

Power - I'm jaded with what I have in my garage, so I would like to see more power from Porsche but I understand the limitation of the NA motor. I think the GT3RS is going to have some major problems passing cars on the track with its 550hp motor. I can see the GT3RS catching people in the corners but have major issues passing them if the cars in front doesn't let up on the throttle.

Transmission - Best PDK gearbox to date. I actually prefer shifting with the gear lever than pedals now. It makes you feel like you are driving a WRC/Touring race car.

This car makes the GT3 redundant and obsolete. For similar money, I would take the GT4RS over the standard GT3/Touring any day of the week. For the money and the package, it's hard to find another car in the marketplace that can compete at this level. There are better cars out there (eg. 765LT, STO, etc), but they are also priced much higher than the 4RS. I can't wait to try to the Boxster version of this car next year and after that, the lightweight version in manual

Last edited by unotaz; 01-12-2023 at 05:33 PM.
The following 9 users liked this post by unotaz:
993RR (01-16-2023), BlazinPond (01-12-2023), cooler2442 (01-12-2023), DFW01TT (01-12-2023), Dr.Bill (01-13-2023), hlvg (01-13-2023), Jason Zhang (02-22-2023), ToasterThief (01-13-2023), wdr911 (01-13-2023) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: GT4RS Deliveries and Production Discussion