Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Werks Reunion, Monterey

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2022, 09:05 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,609 Likes on 2,347 Posts

reg opens may 25th: https://werksreunion.com/monterey.cfm
Old 05-25-2022, 04:11 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

Registration is open. Just finished registering for the judged entry. I went to Werks Reunion for the first time last year and skipped entering as a judged car because I thought it was going to be like a concours type of judging where they go over everything with a fine tooth comb. Came to find out it is more of a casual judging so decided to enter this year for the fun of it.

While registering, you have to select which class you're registering your car to be judged in. They have a Cayman/Boxster class, P9, and I was going to register for this one but then I saw they have a P14 class which was labeled as GT2, GT3, and GT4 and I figured my Spyder fits within this as it's a "convertible GT4." Oh well if I picked the wrong one. It's just for fun anyways. See you guys there in a few months.
The following 4 users liked this post by halfmonkey:
4seater (05-25-2022), fueledbymetal (05-26-2022), Guaji (05-26-2022), remington (05-25-2022)
Old 05-26-2022, 05:44 PM
KelvinC
Burning Brakes

Received 1,057 Likes on 426 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Registration is open. Just finished registering for the judged entry. I went to Werks Reunion for the first time last year and skipped entering as a judged car because I thought it was going to be like a concours type of judging where they go over everything with a fine tooth comb. Came to find out it is more of a casual judging so decided to enter this year for the fun of it.

While registering, you have to select which class you're registering your car to be judged in. They have a Cayman/Boxster class, P9, and I was going to register for this one but then I saw they have a P14 class which was labeled as GT2, GT3, and GT4 and I figured my Spyder fits within this as it's a "convertible GT4." Oh well if I picked the wrong one. It's just for fun anyways. See you guys there in a few months.
Looking forward to seeing you there again Richard!

I'll probably leave at zero dark thirty again, but no judging for my car. Hopefully the entrances will be just fine regardless of Corral or Judging group. Let me know if you're staying up in the Peninsula area again. You might prefer to stay closer to Monterey if you can find a good place.
Old 05-26-2022, 11:34 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KelvinC
Looking forward to seeing you there again Richard!

I'll probably leave at zero dark thirty again, but no judging for my car. Hopefully the entrances will be just fine regardless of Corral or Judging group. Let me know if you're staying up in the Peninsula area again. You might prefer to stay closer to Monterey if you can find a good place.
Yes, looking forward to seeing you too. Are you meeting with your group of friends again? If so, do you have room for me again? Are you going to park in the corral if not entering your car for judging?

I'm staying in Capitola this time around. We stayed in Redwood City last time because my wife and I went to Napa on Saturday so I figured I would split the distance and try to stay kind of in the middle. Not going to Napa this time so wanted a place as close as possible but wanted an AIRBNB with a garage.
Old 06-03-2022, 01:44 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

PSA update. If you're registering a Spyder, select P9 as your category. The organizer/contact reached out to me and long story short, Spyders are supposed to register in the P9 category.

For those that registered in the judged entry, did you send in some kind of write up on your car and if so, when did you do that? I'm asking because I've been watching some You Tube videos of the past Werks Reunions and I noticed in the front of the cars, there was a small placard that was Werks Reunion branded and each car seemed to have a write up that they shared.
Old 06-03-2022, 02:55 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

PSA update. If you're registering a Spyder, select P9 as your category. The organizer/contact reached out to me and long story short, Spyders are supposed to register in the P9 category.

For those that registered in the judged entry, did you send in some kind of write up on your car and if so, when did you do that? I'm asking because I've been watching some You Tube videos of the past Werks Reunions and I noticed in the front of the cars, there was a small placard that was Werks Reunion branded and each car seemed to have a write up that they shared.
for corral or judging?
Old 06-03-2022, 03:00 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
for corral or judging?
For judging.
The following users liked this post:
Larry Cable (06-03-2022)
Old 06-03-2022, 07:11 PM
Guaji
Racer

Received 282 Likes on 149 Posts

I signed up to attend. See you all there.
halfmonkey (06-04-2022)
Old 06-04-2022, 01:33 AM
Merlotsj
Racer

Received 330 Likes on 133 Posts

For judging.
They’ll send you an email in a few weeks, there will be a site where you load your write-up and 1 picture, if I remember correctly. That will be printed and you’ll get it in your packet at the gate.

The picture and write-up is on the Werks site from the time you send it. You can probably find the link to my write-up if you look in last years Werks thread.
halfmonkey (06-04-2022)
Old 06-14-2022, 04:14 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Merlotsj
They’ll send you an email in a few weeks, there will be a site where you load your write-up and 1 picture, if I remember correctly. That will be printed and you’ll get it in your packet at the gate.

The picture and write-up is on the Werks site from the time you send it. You can probably find the link to my write-up if you look in last years Werks thread.
I just submitted my write up and I see it on the website already. Are you entering your car for judging this year or just attending?
Old 07-08-2022, 01:46 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

For those of you that will still be in the Monterey area on Sunday, August 21st, it looks like Laguna Seca is hosting a cars and coffee but with a little bit of a catch. It looks like you have to attend this event called the Corkscrew Hillclimb and Party in the Paddock to be let in to attend the cars and coffee vs it normally being free. The tickets currently show to be $35 per person. Don't know if they offered this last year so not sure what to make of this. If anybody has been to this before (if they hosted this previously), please share your thoughts.

Otherwise, if not this event, does anybody know of or recommend another cars and coffee for either Saturday or Sunday?
Old 07-14-2022, 06:43 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Hang tag arrived. So looking forward to this event. Love the vibe the whole weekend while in Monterey and love driving the PCH to get there.

Old 07-14-2022, 07:36 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Attendee tags not arrived yet... update got mine yestedray

Last edited by Larry Cable; 07-16-2022 at 12:51 PM.
halfmonkey (07-27-2022)
Old 07-16-2022, 10:57 AM
SwanSong
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 45 Posts

Anyone happen to know if the entry situation will be better than last year? That was pretty crazy …
Old 07-16-2022, 12:52 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SwanSong
Anyone happen to know if the entry situation will be better than last year? That was pretty crazy …
well its a different location this year, and I think PCA were made aware of people's issues with the entrance at last year's venue

Quick Reply: Werks Reunion, Monterey