Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

First day in my python green spyder

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2022 | 05:27 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

I thought i heard it regardless of autoblip. I'll double check, but it sounds "normal" anyway.
Old 05-09-2022 | 09:05 PM
Unstock
Pro

Awesome! Python was going to be my color if shark blue wasn't available. I always said if you get a special Porsche it needs to be a loud color IMO.
The following users liked this post:
AdamIsAdam (05-09-2022)
Old 05-09-2022 | 09:08 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Unstock
Awesome! Python was going to be my color if shark blue wasn't available. I always said if you get a special Porsche it needs to be a loud color IMO.
That was what I decided. GT car - go big or stay home. YMMV.

So glad I did.
The following 3 users liked this post by Adrift:
AdamIsAdam (05-09-2022), ronbauer (05-10-2022), Unstock (05-09-2022)
Old 05-09-2022 | 10:00 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Exactly my mentality too. With cars these cool, why be subtle.
Adrift (05-10-2022)
Old 05-10-2022 | 12:50 AM
Carrera-T
Rennlist Member

Congrats! Almost my twin less silver over black wheels. Mine enters the body shop this Friday :-). Long live Python Green!!!
Adrift (05-10-2022)
Old 05-10-2022 | 10:08 AM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carrera-T
Congrats! Almost my twin less silver over black wheels. Mine enters the body shop this Friday :-). Long live Python Green!!!
Post pics! I'd love to see how it looks with silver wheels.
Old 05-10-2022 | 11:47 AM
TripleL
Rennlist Member

After a long journey it's a pleasure to say.... Great build!! Congrats and enjoy it in good health!
Old 05-10-2022 | 04:03 PM
ronbauer
Pro

Originally Posted by Adrift
Post pics! I'd love to see how it looks with silver wheels.
Lots of pics of different combos in the PG thread. https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...or-thread.html

Ron
Old 05-11-2022 | 07:25 PM
AR_Motorwerkz
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

First, if you’re considering PG, at the risk of making it less rare…abso - fing - lutely do it. WOW It is crazy good looking in person, and elicits strong reactions. If you want stealth, then no, but if you enjoy bringing people great joy, then yes yes yes. Enough said on that.

Misc observations toodling around town:
- not too rough at city speeds at all. Not even close. IMO
- even with stock exhaust, it is a visceral aural beast at 4500 and above (which only left me 500 rpm to enjoy it lol)(
- even with stock exhaust, there is considerable drone around 2500. It is what it is.
- burmester does not disappoint. People telling you you can’t hear it are full of caca, or are going 90. I haven’t tried 90, to be fair. But up to 60, it is butta.
- I’m not sure I’ve experienced a bona fide grind yet, but when I downshift, there is a tiny metallic sound. I can’t feel it in the stick, but I can hear a tiny metallic chirp. Instant and gone. Not sure what to make of it yet.
- It is a torque beast from 3500 on. I like. Can’t imagine the juice when you get over 7k!
- at low speeds (and idle), an odd sort of sewing machine sound (with an accompanying ticking) comes and goes, but is sometimes very noticeable. Couldn’t correlate it with any button / function (incl ac). Normal?
- the footwell is hot. Because of the radiators? Don’t dare just try to circulate air low, as it was always fairly warm, bordering on hot,
- car ran 210-220ish, looking a bit close to the red zone on the gauge. Normal? Not a super hot day, not a ton of solar load, but stoplight to stoplight driving. Whether AC on or off.
- would I have preferred sofas? Maybe. But it needs buckets.

In love with the car. Every bit as beautiful as I expected, and i can tell it promises to delight when broken in. IT IS GORGEOUS! And I am very picky. The perfect culmination of the boxster line (which I love).

Hey Congratulations! Enjoy that spyder!
Old 05-13-2022 | 08:53 AM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Okay, one misunderstanding corrected. The "drone" I thought I was experiencing at around 2500 RPM (with stock exhaust) appears to be cylinder deactivation. Playing with the switch seemed to make that drone go away.

I am suffering withdrawals for the next week, as the car is in for PPF and ceramic; but after that, I can put more miles on it without having to be paranoid about avoiding too much traffic or speed, for fear of rock chips. Can't wait to get enough miles to hear it sing at higher RPM!
TripleL (05-13-2022)
Old 05-13-2022 | 11:23 AM
ronbauer
Pro

Okay, one misunderstanding corrected. The "drone" I thought I was experiencing at around 2500 RPM (with stock exhaust) appears to be cylinder deactivation. Playing with the switch seemed to make that drone go away.

I am suffering withdrawals for the next week, as the car is in for PPF and ceramic; but after that, I can put more miles on it without having to be paranoid about avoiding too much traffic or speed, for fear of rock chips. Can't wait to get enough miles to hear it sing at higher RPM!
Ha ha, yeah, the cylinder deactivation sounds like something is wrong with the car. I make sure that I push the Sport Exhaust and Auto Start/Stop button every time I start the car. I've forgotten more than once and had the cylinder deactivation kick in and thought the car had something wrong with it.

As for the exhaust, the car sounds awesome IMO with the stock exhaust, but is even better with a set of OAPs. I don't need or want the controller because I like having the car somewhat quiet at the lower RPMs. The car calls enough attention to itself, I don't need the exhaust alerting the authorities that I'm coming. Plus the switch over sounds SO good. Also, I've heard others say that having the valves open all the time does increase drone, and I don't need that in my life....

Ron
Old 05-13-2022 | 12:12 PM
smilin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Xxyion
Exactly my mentality too. With cars these cool, why be subtle.
I always said if you get a special Porsche it needs to be a loud color IMO.
i’m having a bit of color-remorse. i went pure white thinking a more subtle color would help me fly under the radar. reality is - there’s no flying under the radar in a spyder

i think the car looks awesome in white…but still thinking on painting my wheels riviera blue…
Old 05-13-2022 | 12:19 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by smilin
i’m having a bit of color-remorse. i went pure white thinking a more subtle color would help me fly under the radar. reality is - there’s no flying under the radar in a spyder

i think the car looks awesome in white…but still thinking on painting my wheels riviera blue…
You could always go for a wrap to satiate the need for a colorful ride!
smilin (05-13-2022)
Old 05-13-2022 | 12:20 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by smilin

Pics!
Old 05-13-2022 | 12:40 PM
Dave I
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ronbauer
Ha ha, yeah, the cylinder deactivation sounds like something is wrong with the car. I make sure that I push the Sport Exhaust and Auto Start/Stop button every time I start the car. I've forgotten more than once and had the cylinder deactivation kick in and thought the car had something wrong with it.

As for the exhaust, the car sounds awesome IMO with the stock exhaust, but is even better with a set of OAPs. I don't need or want the controller because I like having the car somewhat quiet at the lower RPMs. The car calls enough attention to itself, I don't need the exhaust alerting the authorities that I'm coming. Plus the switch over sounds SO good. Also, I've heard others say that having the valves open all the time does increase drone, and I don't need that in my life....

Ron
Get the T-Design memory module and you don't have to push the buttons each time you start the car.

https://t-design9.com/memory_module_porsche.html

Quick Reply: First day in my python green spyder