Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Feedback on MY23 GT4 build

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2022, 12:29 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by StormRune
It might not matter to you and you may already know, but just to be sure:

If you are interested in using the Track Precision app you'll need Sport Chrono and Nav/Porsche Connect. The app was recently rewritten and may be more useful now. An interesting trivia item is that the nav system will change over to faster 10hz updates when using the Track Precision app.

Also, if you'd like to use SoloStorm for capturing your autocross runs, it can interface via WiFi with the car telemetry through Porsche Connect and it will provide things like steering angle, throttle position, and brake pressure; things not available through many of the OBD dongles. But again, you need Sport Chrono and Nav/Car Connect (they are a package) for that to work.

I love having PCCBs given that I don't plan on heavy track use. I am doing a fair amount of autocross and sporting Hill Country drives instead. So wear, life, and cost isn't a big concern for me. At least I don't deal with that dang dust like I did with my 911s. And again assuming no heavy track use, you don't have to replace the rotors/pads as frequently as steels so that makes up part of the eventual cost IF you keep the car long enough and put on enough miles to need new rotors.
I did not know this - thank you for the info! I'd be most interested in SoloStorm for AutoX runs. I don't really have any other need for the Nav/Porsche Connect, so I'll probably pass and save my $2300, but just another thing to think about!

I'm probably in the same boat as you in regards to track/AutoX duty. Will be lighter track duty and more autocross. Dust isn't as big of a deal since I'm going with black wheels rather than a lighter color, but it's still a benefit.
Old 05-06-2022, 12:38 PM
Kgoheen
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by rusmani
Hi All,

Thanks to the help of a great member on this forum, I was able to score an allocation for a MY23 GT4 with a modest $15k ADM, which I believe isn't too bad in this market. I am currently at V200 with a freeze date in July, build in September, and delivery in late October/early November. Very excited that my hunt for an allocation is over and I am now on the journey towards a build!

Just for some background, my wife and I will be using this car as a weekend toy. I may end up doing some autoX or light track duty depending on how things play out. I've done autoX before in previous cars and really enjoyed it. I have ample garage space and given the fact that ICE sports cars are fading away relatively quickly, I intend to keep this car for quite some time.

I did previously have a 2017 base 718, which I really enjoyed. I did not have the 2-zone auto climate control in that car and it was not an issue, so I skipped that for my GT4 build. Overall, I am pretty happy with where I am at. The biggest thing(s) I am considering adding are some yellow accents in the interior to complement the PCCB (yellow stitching, steering marker, seat belts). May also add sport chrono just for the look of the clock, as the upper dash looks a bit "empty" without it (had it on previous 718 and it looked nice). There is a small part of me that wants to switch to Chalk with satin aurum wheels and black carbon ceramic brakes, but Shark Blue is spectacular in person and I think I would regret not picking it on a fun weekend toy.

https://cc.porsche.com/icc/ccCall.do...bcode=PPHQ91T6

Porsche build code: PPHQ91T6

Thank you in advance for the feedback! Can't wait to take delivery later this year! Cheers!
My 2020 GT4 with pretty much the same spec you’re looking at: Chalk, PCCBs, sport chrono, LWBS, yellow stitching, clear side markers, Akropovic to slip on with black tips, PPF.
Old 05-06-2022, 12:45 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Kgoheen
My 2020 GT4 with pretty much the same spec you’re looking at: Chalk, PCCBs, sport chrono, LWBS, yellow stitching, clear side markers, Akropovic to slip on with black tips, PPF.
Beautiful car! Looks great. Chalk is a great color in general and especially on the GT4.
Old 05-06-2022, 12:47 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,805 Likes on 986 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
That’s exactly why you get it in satin…to not see it.

Do you really need 3 feet of chrome P O R S C H E on the back…IMHO no.

Delete the designation also.

I like that option. Satin black is probably the better option long term because chrome badging generally ends up looking like crap over time, but it reminds me of old 911 badging so I like it standing out vs hidden.

Last edited by Zhao; 05-06-2022 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-06-2022, 12:52 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by rusmani
I did not know this - thank you for the info! I'd be most interested in SoloStorm for AutoX runs. I don't really have any other need for the Nav/Porsche Connect, so I'll probably pass and save my $2300, but just another thing to think about!

I'm probably in the same boat as you in regards to track/AutoX duty. Will be lighter track duty and more autocross. Dust isn't as big of a deal since I'm going with black wheels rather than a lighter color, but it's still a benefit.
Once you made me think about it, I posted a Solostorm video of an autocross run I did last weekend over in another thread here: https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post18128571

And to make sure it was clear: You can also use SoloStorm without that and just use the data you get from a OBD-II dongle instead. But my OBD dongle didn't provide throttle position or brake pressure,

Last edited by StormRune; 05-06-2022 at 12:58 PM.
The following users liked this post:
rusmani (05-06-2022)

Quick Reply: Feedback on MY23 GT4 build