Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 GTS to a Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2022 | 12:42 PM
clutchplate
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by AndroidRobot
I might qualify as someone having a mid life crisis.
I wouldn't be too concerned, they only last 30 to 40 years.
The following users liked this post:
Larry Cable (03-19-2022)
Old 03-18-2022 | 10:48 PM
Z3papa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by UncleDude
^^ Too many colours, everything shouting. Not for me!

I saw this in person and I was a big fan. Green does the talking, everything else supports. YMMV, and I certainly would never classify the image below as boring - that green colour is intense.

I would have never picked the Miami Blue my wife fell in love with but am not regretting it.
Larry Cable (03-19-2022)
Old 03-19-2022 | 12:20 AM
AndroidRobot
Intermediate

Originally Posted by UncleDude
^^ Too many colours, everything shouting. Not for me!

I saw this in person and I was a big fan. Green does the talking, everything else supports. YMMV, and I certainly would never classify the image below as boring - that green colour is intense.

Originally Posted by Zeus993
That's a great build and I think it "works". It is a combination of colours that you have to ask yourself "Would I look back at it while walking away?". And I say the answer is "YES!". Ilike it.

Good luck with your allocation. Keep us posted.
I like the crazy colors, it would leave an impression wherever I go so let’s hope I get one too. Worst case I’ll order another GTS but the goal is to get a Spyder. Thank you!
The following 3 users liked this post by AndroidRobot:
Jeff Jones (03-19-2022), Larry Cable (03-19-2022), Zeus993 (03-19-2022)
Old 03-19-2022 | 03:41 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AndroidRobot
I like the crazy colors, it would leave an impression wherever I go so let’s hope I get one too. Worst case I’ll order another GTS but the goal is to get a Spyder. Thank you!
To be honest, I think the Spyder is one of the most unique cars on the road today, and in fact, the best looking of the current Porsche lineup. I've owned two 987.2 Spyders and loved them but the front end was just kind of plain, IMO. The 718 Spyder design has really nailed both the front and rear ends.

And the top? I actually prefer the lightweight of the Gen-1, but the latest top is just fine. I've actually just thought of un-bolting it and storing it for summer, keeping the interior clean with a trouneau. I wonder if that would throw a bunch of codes?

Add to that the chassis and drive train and what a sports car we have.

Good luck on your quest!
Old 03-19-2022 | 06:41 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zeus993
To be honest, I think the Spyder is one of the most unique cars on the road today, and in fact, the best looking of the current Porsche lineup. I've owned two 987.2 Spyders and loved them but the front end was just kind of plain, IMO. The 718 Spyder design has really nailed both the front and rear ends.

And the top? I actually prefer the lightweight of the Gen-1, but the latest top is just fine. I've actually just thought of un-bolting it and storing it for summer, keeping the interior clean with a trouneau. I wonder if that would throw a bunch of codes?

Add to that the chassis and drive train and what a sports car we have.

Good luck on your quest!
I am not sure why you would bother removing the actual top, when it is down you don't even see it? Likewise, top down and trunk closed, why would it throw any codes?
Larry Cable (03-19-2022)
Old 03-19-2022 | 06:48 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Westcoast
I am not sure why you would bother removing the actual top, when it is down you don't even see it? Likewise, top down and trunk closed, why would it throw any codes?
not too mention what a massive PITA removing and reinstalling it would be ...
Old 03-19-2022 | 06:51 PM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Love it but if you’re going to dive in the deep end of the color pool ditch some superfluous options and go PTS.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNC1VC11

I thought PTS was absurd at first but when I made that a priority the price of my build didn’t go up much and I’m really glad I did it.

Quick Reply: 718 GTS to a Spyder