Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Just ordered my 2022 CGTS4!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2021, 11:11 PM
DFW01TT
Burning Brakes

Received 530 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by radiospares
After a lot of contemplating, I've decided to go with the Boxster instead of the Cayman. I'll love being able to have the top down and it's just such a great car overall. .....
That's a really good move, you may never want a fixed roof car again.
Take a look at the configurator with the "supplemental restraints in body color".
For my taste, it's an essential option.
The following users liked this post:
radiospares (12-30-2021)
Old 12-30-2021, 12:03 AM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Received 696 Likes on 324 Posts

After a lot of contemplating, I've decided to go with the Boxster instead of the Cayman. I'll love being able to have the top down and it's just such a great car overall. That being said, the build is V200 status and I've received my commission number. Estimated delivery is April 22, 2022! I absolutely can't wait.

This is likely the build I'll go with in the end - https://www.porsche.com/microsite/po...px?c=/PN1PA5W8

Was debating between the 14 way and the 18 way seats - think I'm going to go with the 18 way. I like the sportier look plus it will be nice to have a bit extra snugness when I want it.
You are not going to regret going with the Boxster. I got mine in August and I absolutely love it! I went with the 18 ways as well and again I don’t think you’ll regret it. Congratulations!!
radiospares (12-30-2021)
Old 12-30-2021, 12:21 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

The Boxster GTS is my favorite sports car to date. There is nothing like top down driving in the countryside.

The paint and leather combo is very nice. That bordeaux red leather is beautiful.

I have the illuminated door sills that match the CF trim and really enjoy seeing them every time I enter and exit. It’s a stupid spend option but really enjoy it. I also did 14-way seats. I had the 18-ways in my 992 and didn’t like them as they pinched me. I am 6’2” and 210, not fat. If you are not tracking, you might also consider those. They hold you well for very spirited driving through the countryside. Personally not a fan of the painted spoiler as it breaks the visual lines of the car for me - same also for the black door handles. But that’s all a matter of personal preference and how you perceive it.

The following 3 users liked this post by Dan Nagy:
flynlo (12-30-2021), P-car-Vancouver (12-30-2021), radiospares (12-30-2021)
Old 12-30-2021, 07:05 AM
Cherryblock
Rennlist Member

Received 209 Likes on 76 Posts

Congratulations on a great choice. The BGTS 4.0 is IMO a bargain in the P Car lineup, I ordered one and took delivery last fall on a Python MT car for my wife and she loves it almost as much as me!

The following 3 users liked this post by Cherryblock:
AlexCeres (01-07-2022), remington (12-30-2021), TripleL (01-10-2022)
Old 12-30-2021, 10:59 AM
radiospares
Advanced

Received 89 Likes on 25 Posts

Wow, thanks everyone for the great suggestions. Helping me get my build dialed in much easier. I've decided against the smartphone compartment because, as many of you pointed out, it's not very useful. My main worry was that I wouldn't get the USB in the center console if I didn't get that, but it appears that you get it by default. I'm also going for the illuminated carbon fiber door sills because they simply look great.

Updated build: PN3I2VQ2

The only other thing I'm still not 100% sure about is the seats. Will see if my dealer has both the 14 way and the 18 way sport seats that I can test out before I make up my mind. Could go either way on that, but I do prefer the look of the 18 way.. just need to see how they feel.
Old 12-30-2021, 11:03 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,434 Likes on 2,348 Posts

Yeah, you will have to try the seats yourself. The 14 ways were my least favorable seat choice since they are fairly flat compared to the others. I have had 18 ways in the past but ordered the 2 ways this time and my only complaint is that I could not get the ventilation; however, I would still choose them again if I had the chance to do it over again. And it had nothing to do with money.
Old 12-30-2021, 11:08 AM
radiospares
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Yeah, you will have to try the seats yourself. The 14 ways were my least favorable seat choice since they are fairly flat compared to the others. I have had 18 ways in the past but ordered the 2 ways this time and my only complaint is that I could not get the ventilation; however, I would still choose them again if I had the chance to do it over again. And it had nothing to do with money.
Living in Houston the ventilated seats are a must for me. If it weren't for that, I'd have just gone for the GTS interior package and called it a day. But, since I do have a choice between the 14 and 18 I figured I might as well see which ones I like best. My gut tells me I'll be going with the 18 way, though.

Also, thanks for moving this thread to the right place - still figuring things out.
Old 12-30-2021, 01:42 PM
radiospares
Advanced

Originally Posted by Cherryblock
Congratulations on a great choice. The BGTS 4.0 is IMO a bargain in the P Car lineup, I ordered one and took delivery last fall on a Python MT car for my wife and she loves it almost as much as me!

Amazing setup you have there! I'm jealous. I really do like the Python Green specifically on the Boxster, but my wife is less than enthusiastic about it. Maybe on my next one!
Old 12-30-2021, 02:51 PM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Received 696 Likes on 324 Posts

Wow, thanks everyone for the great suggestions. Helping me get my build dialed in much easier. I've decided against the smartphone compartment because, as many of you pointed out, it's not very useful. My main worry was that I wouldn't get the USB in the center console if I didn't get that, but it appears that you get it by default. I'm also going for the illuminated carbon fiber door sills because they simply look great.

The only other thing I'm still not 100% sure about is the seats. Will see if my dealer has both the 14 way and the 18 way sport seats that I can test out before I make up my mind. Could go either way on that, but I do prefer the look of the 18 way.. just need to see how they feel.
I agree with other comments try them both in person at a dealer. I have 18 ways as I mentioned before and like them. Literally my only build regret is not getting the ventilated seats. We have them in our Cayenne (18 ways with ventilation)
radiospares (12-30-2021)
Old 12-31-2021, 12:49 AM
OldJedi
Burning Brakes

Received 581 Likes on 289 Posts

Congratulations!!! You are going to love the Boxster 4.0. We are fortunate enough to have a 17 Boxster and an 18 CGTS, but after having both for a while now, if I could only have one of them it would be a Boxster GTS. I am not a convertible guy but I do enjoy driving her convertible more than I thought I would. Also the CGTS has the 18 way seats and are extremely comfortable on long trips and the ventilation works well. I did get a chance to drive a 4.0 Boxster and was very impressed with it compared to my 2.5T CGTS.
P-car-Vancouver (12-31-2021)
Old 12-31-2021, 01:21 PM
radiospares
Advanced

Originally Posted by OldJedi
Congratulations!!! You are going to love the Boxster 4.0. We are fortunate enough to have a 17 Boxster and an 18 CGTS, but after having both for a while now, if I could only have one of them it would be a Boxster GTS. I am not a convertible guy but I do enjoy driving her convertible more than I thought I would. Also the CGTS has the 18 way seats and are extremely comfortable on long trips and the ventilation works well. I did get a chance to drive a 4.0 Boxster and was very impressed with it compared to my 2.5T CGTS.
Thanks! Man, having both would be so nice. I'm not a convertible guy either - first one.. but, what better way to start than with this!
P-car-Vancouver (12-31-2021)
Old 01-07-2022, 01:19 PM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 361 Posts

First, I love the build. Gentian, Aurum, and Espresso/Cognac is a beautiful combination.

However, with Espresso/Cognac, the seats are Cognac. You added deviated seat centers in cognac. So it's money for a non-change. Sorry to keep correcting your deviations.

Old 01-07-2022, 03:10 PM
radiospares
Advanced

Originally Posted by sanderabernathy
First, I love the build. Gentian, Aurum, and Espresso/Cognac is a beautiful combination.

However, with Espresso/Cognac, the seats are Cognac. You added deviated seat centers in cognac. So it's money for a non-change. Sorry to keep correcting your deviations.
Hmm, maybe there's a bug with the configurator on your end - I don't have Espresso/Cognac anywhere.

This is my latest build (PN7RG9B8) - lock date is Feb 3rd so I have some time to torture myself some more!

Last edited by radiospares; 01-07-2022 at 03:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Just ordered my 2022 CGTS4!!