Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 Spyder at Hennessy

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2021 | 11:56 AM
0-Day
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dnimi123
I have a friend who is getting 992 GT3 at MSRP. The only hitch is that he has to sign a contract that he has to sell it back to the dealership (RFR at least) when and if he does sell.
I think this is a very reasonable approach - as long as the sell-back contract is limited to a realistic time frame. (3 years? 5 years?) This is essentially what Ford did with the last Ford GT, and there was a lot of negative reaction to it. But I don't think there is any better way to ensure that desirable enthusiast cars get into the hands of only enthusiasts who will drive them and enjoy them and help build the brand rather than speculators who will lock them in a garage and hope to flip for a profit. Of course people would still try to flip them. But a 3-5 year sell-back clause would increase speculator carrying costs and make that flip significantly less profitable.
Old 10-15-2021 | 11:59 AM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by phefner
Ah those are nothing. This is about $200K over.

https://www.4porsche.com/new-porsche...ghland-park-il

Enjoy
my guess since that has literally every option including that butt ugly paint job its a showroom piece to show prospective buyers what some of the more expensive options look like. Highland Park is one of the richer north shore suburbs of Chicago so I'm sure they sell a lot of 911's and its probably good to have the 'options' on the floor to show
Old 10-15-2021 | 11:59 AM
daaa nope
Burning Brakes

If they weren't getting these cars sold with these ridiculous ADMs, they wouldn't be continually listing them as such.

RL is likely a lot more concentrated with savvy buyers. There are suckers out there. And I know the dealership, I live about an hour from them and have purchased there before. They are located in likely the highest income level in the Chicago area, and everything they sell is usually LOADED top-spec stuff. It will sell. Someone there has the $$$ and will want an impulse buy.
Old 10-16-2021 | 05:15 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by daaa nope
If they weren't getting these cars sold with these ridiculous ADMs, they wouldn't be continually listing them as such.
Disagree. As I indicated above, it’s part of their selling strategy. They’re creating fake premiums and the dropping them to sell them. It’s actually a good strategy, as long as you don’t assume they’re actually getting those stupid asking prices. Just follow all the crazy ads out there that aren’t selling, even after price reductions.
Old 10-16-2021 | 05:33 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Unfortunately my experience with Hennessy wasn't the greatest either, but that was my salesperson outright lying to me on multiple points. Also some finance department issues. But the GM did seem nice.

Regarding the 718, I'd recommend trying to get an allocation from your local dealer. They are out there, you may need to wait a couple of months or more, but it is worth a try. Also try to contact other dealers. You can get it new and pay less. A friend of mine who had never owned a Porsche before walked into a dealer and got an allocation for his 718 GT4. Granted, his family (extended family, I think) had bought a couple of cars from them, but he was able to get it, at MSRP.
Old 10-16-2021 | 10:59 PM
josephr25
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dnimi123
I have a friend who is getting 992 GT3 at MSRP. The only hitch is that he has to sign a contract that he has to sell it back to the dealership (RFR at least) when and if he does sell.
I wouldn't mind that honestly.
Old 10-17-2021 | 08:17 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 0-Day
I think this is a very reasonable approach - as long as the sell-back contract is limited to a realistic time frame. (3 years? 5 years?) This is essentially what Ford did with the last Ford GT, and there was a lot of negative reaction to it. But I don't think there is any better way to ensure that desirable enthusiast cars get into the hands of only enthusiasts who will drive them and enjoy them and help build the brand rather than speculators who will lock them in a garage and hope to flip for a profit. Of course people would still try to flip them. But a 3-5 year sell-back clause would increase speculator carrying costs and make that flip significantly less profitable.
Originally Posted by josephr25
I wouldn't mind that honestly.
I agree as well. A friend is trying to get a 992 GT3 Touring and on a mile-long waiting list, to then see at the dealership an independent dealer picking one up to flip for a healthy markup. Super frustrating and not something that PAG endorses.
Old 10-17-2021 | 02:07 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

My SA told me that Porsche recently prevented the dealers from buying any cars - all cars are to go to customers. Not sure on the time frame (stop and start) but that's what he told me.

Quick Reply: 718 Spyder at Hennessy