Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Cayman GTS/GT4 vs. 911 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2021, 09:44 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,827 Likes on 997 Posts

Originally Posted by jas1598
Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts and experiences. I posted this same thread in the 992 forum and ended up with the same conclusions. For me, with altitude ranging from 5,000-11,000ft, the 911 is the way to go. I'm now leaning more towards the 992 S because I realize I don't really need the extras that come with the GTS. Plus, it will be really difficult to get an allocation.
Only one more thing to add since you seem to care a lot about power.

- If you ever think you'll change your mind on tracking it, the 992 will heat soak because turbo so you will have some fast laps, and then experience power loss, and potential overheating.
- Power delivery is also inconsistent with a turbo on the street I find whereas NA is very consistent and this is not related to heat soak. Pretty much every turbo car I've ever owned has been inconsistent with making full boost. I see a drop in 20% hp depending when I WOT my bmw for example. I've seen a psi loss of 20-30% in the cars I've monitored the PSI they made. Nothing is wrong with these cars, that's just the way they are.

These are 2 big reasons I wanted a NA Porsche not a Turbo.

Quick Reply: Cayman GTS/GT4 vs. 911 GTS