Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Allocation build date games

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2021 | 01:59 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by enduro
Hey @StormRune , when exactly did you snag that allocation?
July 12th. And with it being an abandoned allocation it quick went to lock on 7/13!
Old 10-07-2021 | 02:12 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Adrift

No PTS, just guards red. And regular LWBS. (Shrug)
well the good news is that you have. an allocation and a commission # associated with it, so the car is "yours"...

is certainly a bit weird how your build date is getting pushed out like this, there could be a number of factors at work!

just as an FYI a dealer can request that PCNA move a build allocation, I had to do this twice when I was (fruitlessly) chasing a PTS build slot (which my lame *** lazy SA at Fremont Porsche f-'ed up) ... I moved my original Sept '20 build to Nov and Dec chasing an open PTS slot.

I suspect though that you are just falling afoul of supply chain issues and their knock on affect ... best of luck!
Old 10-07-2021 | 02:24 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Hey Larry, sounds like your dealer was able to move the build later; I’m going to guess that’s a No for trying to move it earlier, else my SA would be offering to try that. He gets money sooner if my car arrives sooner, I would think.

StormRune, sounds like you had a dream scenario…an allocation abandoned immediately before lock. Lucky dog. I also was the lucky dog that inherited an allocation from a super buyer that was dragging his heels on options finalization. I wonder if it was originally a PTS allocation, since it was a far off date (originally built in Dec and delivered early Feb).
Old 10-07-2021 | 02:30 PM
enduro
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by StormRune
July 12th. And with it being an abandoned allocation it quick went to lock on 7/13!
Gotcha; I thought you had your commission number in early April. I'm nearby, look forward to seeing your car and having regrets about not doing shark blue, assuming you hang with some of the Porsche groups. I'm going to join PCA and do a few track days, etc.

Last edited by enduro; 10-07-2021 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-07-2021 | 02:32 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Adrift
Hey Larry, sounds like your dealer was able to move the build later; I’m going to guess that’s a No for trying to move it earlier, else my SA would be offering to try that. He gets money sooner if my car arrives sooner, I would think.

StormRune, sounds like you had a dream scenario…an allocation abandoned immediately before lock. Lucky dog. I also was the lucky dog that inherited an allocation from a super buyer that was dragging his heels on options finalization. I wonder if it was originally a PTS allocation, since it was a far off date (originally built in Dec and delivered early Feb).
yep we had to ask PCNA twice to move the build date later in order to get into the PTS window, basically the SA calls PCNA regional rep who then contacts PAG to find a later production slot for the allocation and moves it ...

I dont think this is what is happening to you, back in '18 a lot of N.A cars got pushed out because PAG wanted to build as many 911's for the EU before the latest regs were introduced, so all the NA cars got pushed back as a result.

I dont think there is anything sinister going on here, although it is a little unusual that you seem to be suffering greater pushbacks than others ...

I fear that its probably just the results of various supply chain issues and PAG are moving around their schedules in order to keep the JIT production line optimal what with chip shortages, TPMS replacements, engine replacements etc etc ... there is a LOT going on!

hang in there!
Old 10-07-2021 | 02:40 PM
Alpha Ice
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I dont think there is anything sinister going on here, although it is a little unusual that you seem to be suffering greater pushbacks than others ...

I fear that its probably just the results of various supply chain issues and PAG are moving around their schedules in order to keep the JIT production line optimal what with chip shortages, TPMS replacements, engine replacements etc etc ... there is a LOT going on!

hang in there!
I could totally see this, I wouldn't be surprised if they got a large arrival of chips for 14/18 way powered seats, and now that they have them, they have a backlog of orders to fulfill. Since these orders were in process, or started, and delayed, I could see them trying to complete the other orders.
Hold tight, my date was pushed back to the first and nearly 2nd week in November, but now my car is arriving to Houston in a few days, and will be up to MN almost a few weeks early (even a couple weeks earlier than my very original date). I wouldn't be surprised if they adjusted your date forward as they clear through the backlog and get things up and running again.
As others said, you have all the proper items that indicate a full on build. So you have the proper looking components, I hope it picks up for you Adrift!
The following users liked this post:
Adrift (10-07-2021)
Old 10-07-2021 | 02:42 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

My SA did offer to move me to a new allocation if it had a closer build date (if one became available). But if a newly released allocation shows up with a closer build date than mine…my faith in this process being managed at all fairly will be completely trampled.

Everyone is expecting a huge supply chain collapse around the new year (just ask Costco). I think my build is just a victim of contingency planning associated with that. Oh well. If it shows Summer of ‘22, I can just immediately swap it for that gt3 motor’d, MT spyder rs allocation. Think of the good will I will have banked!

Last edited by Adrift; 10-07-2021 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-07-2021 | 04:07 PM
Zhao
Drifting

I also am in the camp of I dont think the dealer is doing anything fishy. It's probably all on Porsche's manufacturing end.

For what it's worth I have a friend that had a delivery date of the 18th of oct for his lariat that was produced in summer and he just was told 2 days ago they were pushing delivery to next year.
Old 10-07-2021 | 04:11 PM
dicker
Intermediate

Dealer has no control over it. They will move the dates around on Porsche's side depending on parts availability/production capacity.
Old 10-07-2021 | 06:31 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

I don't think that your dealer is doing anything fishy or has any control. You're just at V200, which is early days and anything can happen. Does not surprise me that builds are continued to slip, given the supply chain issues appear to be only getting worse.
Old 10-07-2021 | 07:24 PM
faizaan2000
Rennlist Member

FWIW I had my V070 go V200 for an October 1 build date. That has slipped to Nov 5, even the lock date just slipped another 5 days so I'm expecting another slip. Don't think dealer is doing anything fishy, I have my order in my name on the Track Your Dream app and it slipped there as well.
Old 03-14-2022 | 10:38 AM
JiminyGlick
Banned

---

Last edited by JiminyGlick; 03-14-2022 at 10:49 AM.
Old 03-14-2022 | 11:15 AM
Litigator
Instructor

First time Porsche buyer. GTS ordered in November 2021, no line, no ADM. Currently 53 days out from delivery. It appears I got very lucky.

Quick Reply: Allocation build date games