Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

LOST 10 HP with JCR EXHAUST (Non-silences Valved Race Pipes)

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2023, 06:21 PM
ashgaunt
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
You're not imagining those gains

The latest post DRAGY thread once again proves that our parts make power and work in real world scenarios..

Unfortunately this thread still gets brought up in conversation with me at least once a week. It's really a shame that one dud test result amongst the hundreds of positive reviews and experiences can cause so much damage to a company.

JC
It’s not particularly very fair on you Jonny, I’m considering the link pipes but it’s a cobb job and even though I’ve got a good relationship with my OPC, that’s pushing it a bit far. But performance wise as just a back box, can’t fault it.
The following users liked this post:
JCR-Porsche (03-11-2023)
Old 03-11-2023, 08:14 PM
josephr25
Burning Brakes

Received 628 Likes on 287 Posts

With the JCR Superlight it is way easier to light up the rear tires... that's for sure
The following 3 users liked this post by josephr25:
Alpha Ice (03-12-2023), DerekHK (03-11-2023), JCR-Porsche (03-12-2023)
Old 03-12-2023, 01:42 AM
Alpha Ice
Burning Brakes

Received 458 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by josephr25
With the JCR Superlight it is way easier to light up the rear tires... that's for sure
Oh yes! I have the same system and it's really impressive how quickly things build. It's so far removed from the factory car it shouldn't even be an issue.
Especially going from the manifolds and a Fabspeed system to the manifolds lightweight race exhaust it's almost nuts how much things change... We know the oaps aren't doing that much.
I know there were concerns over the testing and airflow that were called into question as some of the variables didn't work out.
Those of us that have it do really love it! Thanks again Jonny!
JCR-Porsche (03-12-2023)
Old 03-12-2023, 11:39 AM
GuyLedouche
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To our credibility, a little, as it called into question if what we state can be trusted and ultimately that is damaging when almost all of our business is based on trust and reputation.

That’s just the highs and lows of the internet, I guess. Hopefully everything we do helps to gain trust which is why I always encourage questions and share as much as possible

Having another 718 GT4 of our own gives us lots more opportunities to share how our parts can help transform this already incredibly capable package

Our build thread for the JCR GT4 v2.0 will be the place that we share all updates and results until the car is moved on

JC
It did cause damage...to my wallet. Can't wait for my OAP/rear section to ship!
Old 03-12-2023, 12:09 PM
4lflat6
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 11 Posts

To our credibility, a little, as it called into question if what we state can be trusted and ultimately that is damaging when almost all of our business is based on trust and reputation.

That’s just the highs and lows of the internet, I guess. Hopefully everything we do helps to gain trust which is why I always encourage questions and share as much as possible

Having another 718 GT4 of our own gives us lots more opportunities to share how our parts can help transform this already incredibly capable package

Our build thread for the JCR GT4 v2.0 will be the place that we share all updates and results until the car is moved on

JC
OP Here,

Just to remind you Jonny and rest of folks here (including JCR fan boys), I have ZERO financial gains in putting this out here. I PAID 7K for the exhaust, had it installed, did before/after dyno.. all out of pocket. Now it is very convenient for Jonny to call this the "lows of internet" but obviously unlike me, he has a financial stake in this. Jonny, if your brand is based on trust, you would 1/ AT LEAST offer to refund me and have me ship back the exhaust 2/ You would have followed through with your promise from 2 years ago and posted additional dyno info (but you conveniently didn't). As of today, the only dyno you have is of the spyder that was pumping out 350HP from factory which is severely underpowered compared to the rest of the dynos out there for the same platform.

I really welcome the idea of posting more data on this. So far the GT4 2.0 has been micky mouse stuff. Retrofitting a bunch of GT4RS stock parts to a GT4 (some with 3M tapes) is really not rocket science. You are appealing to the folks out here who couldnt get a GT4RS allocation and that's a good representation of your brand. Folks who want their GT4 look like a GT4RS and sound like a GT3. lol

Also on the 2.0 build, I see you have already fitted the whole system. I challenge you to uninstall the OAP and headers, just add the backbox, document the process and do before/after dyno and shut me up once in for all. I CHALLENGE you. But I already know I will hear some more cheap talking points than any meaningful data (and no Draggy is not a performance tool LOL)
sgreer78 (03-13-2023)
Old 03-12-2023, 12:43 PM
ashgaunt
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4lflat6
OP Here,

Just to remind you Jonny and rest of folks here (including JCR fan boys), I have ZERO financial gains in putting this out here. I PAID 7K for the exhaust, had it installed, did before/after dyno.. all out of pocket. Now it is very convenient for Jonny to call this the "lows of internet" but obviously unlike me, he has a financial stake in this. Jonny, if your brand is based on trust, you would 1/ AT LEAST offer to refund me and have me ship back the exhaust 2/ You would have followed through with your promise from 2 years ago and posted additional dyno info (but you conveniently didn't). As of today, the only dyno you have is of the spyder that was pumping out 350HP from factory which is severely underpowered compared to the rest of the dynos out there for the same platform.

I really welcome the idea of posting more data on this. So far the GT4 2.0 has been micky mouse stuff. Retrofitting a bunch of GT4RS stock parts to a GT4 (some with 3M tapes) is really not rocket science. You are appealing to the folks out here who couldnt get a GT4RS allocation and that's a good representation of your brand. Folks who want their GT4 look like a GT4RS and sound like a GT3. lol

Also on the 2.0 build, I see you have already fitted the whole system. I challenge you to uninstall the OAP and headers, just add the backbox, document the process and do before/after dyno and shut me up once in for all. I CHALLENGE you. But I already know I will hear some more cheap talking points than any meaningful data (and no Draggy is not a performance tool LOL)
hi, did you chip it?
Old 03-12-2023, 02:27 PM
DC021
Rennlist Member

Received 273 Likes on 135 Posts

Ali, Derek here.

I live and die by dynos for NASA / WRL Power-to-Weight classing and as such, I’ve spent a significant amount of time on DJs learning the in/outs of the logic in which they operate.

One glaring issue I see from your two Dyno days is that the operator choose to use Gear Ratio to calculate engine RPM. Using this process, the operator introduces a not insignificant amount of human variables into the mix that could skew results. Personally, I would call both plots void on this reason alone.

Secondly, I would ask if it is possible to get both plots in SAE correction factor so that it uses a more reliable method of correcting for the difference in atmospheric conditions.

Just my observations. Like you, I have no skin in this game.
Cheers
Derek
The following 2 users liked this post by DC021:
Alpha Ice (03-13-2023), JCR-Porsche (03-13-2023)
Old 03-12-2023, 10:52 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,404 Likes on 2,213 Posts

Originally Posted by 4lflat6
OP Here,

that bolded stuff doesn’t help your credibility here…..
The following 2 users liked this post by UncleDude:
JCR-Porsche (03-13-2023), josephr25 (03-13-2023)
Old 03-12-2023, 10:56 PM
4lflat6
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DC021
Ali, Derek here.

I live and die by dynos for NASA / WRL Power-to-Weight classing and as such, I’ve spent a significant amount of time on DJs learning the in/outs of the logic in which they operate.

One glaring issue I see from your two Dyno days is that the operator choose to use Gear Ratio to calculate engine RPM. Using this process, the operator introduces a not insignificant amount of human variables into the mix that could skew results. Personally, I would call both plots void on this reason alone.

Secondly, I would ask if it is possible to get both plots in SAE correction factor so that it uses a more reliable method of correcting for the difference in atmospheric conditions.

Just my observations. Like you, I have no skin in this game.
Cheers
Derek
Thanks Derek, I respect your opinion probably more than anyone around here and I hear you. The technician who did the dyno is Joe at Jotech. I also know for a fact that he knows his ****. I went over the dynos with him a few times and he was really adamant that the data is clear. Either way, I open the door to the possibility of being wrong and dynos being inaccurate, however, other than one other dyno run posted by JCR, I have not seen anyone dyno the rear section only. My ask of Jonny 2 years ago, on this thread was to post additional customer dynos. He said he will and so far hasn't. It's really an easy dispute to address by JCR.

Last edited by 4lflat6; 03-13-2023 at 01:27 AM.
Old 03-12-2023, 11:05 PM
4lflat6
Intermediate

Originally Posted by UncleDude
that bolded stuff doesn’t help your credibility here…..
I don't care to build credibility here, facts are facts.Let's review the mods:

1- Slapping on a GT4RS front diffuser (with a GT4RS badge) on a GT4 without adding the rear wing (micky mouse)
2- Securing the air curtains by using 3M tape instead of drilling 4 holes in the bumper and install is as factory intended (micky mouse)
3- Replacing the PDK shifter with GT4RS shifter (uh- micky mouse)
4- Adding center locking wheels (ok, sure it lets you install the $20K light weight mag wheels but if weight saving is the object, go one size smaller and get a BBS F-IR - so micky mouse)
5- Extended paddle shifters (cool bro)

Now I admit, there are some performance mods mixed in there too, but all well known stuff for GT4s. I have most of them on my car. None of that is JCR magic (with exception of their exhaust)

1- Braided brake lines
2- GT4RS underbody aero
3- Monoballs/RSS control arm endlinks
4- KW suspension

What am I missing here?

Old 03-13-2023, 01:56 AM
Knutsm01
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts

Man you really need to move on…. Maybe someone will get a dyno done in the future but until then it’s probably best to stop the hate, life is too short.
The following 5 users liked this post by Knutsm01:
Alpha Ice (03-13-2023), jamgolf (06-17-2024), JCR-Porsche (03-13-2023), rp2000r (03-13-2023), sobiloff (03-19-2023)
Old 11-27-2023, 11:47 PM
TheBucketOfTruth
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 176 Posts

1. Logging AIT’s or at least being aware of them should be very simple in that case, is that something that was considered or measured?

2. Consistency (no side air intake fans) between the before & after tests doesn’t take away the issue mentioned above. It will definitely impact results because you’re introducing a factor which you will not encounter in the real world unless you almost entirely blocked the side vents.

3. Comparing a header back exhaust to a rear silencer replacement on a different car, 9 months ago really bares no relevance at all. No bashing here, just presenting factors that can lead to skewed results, I’m trying to help.

4. 100-200kph acceleration data is the test to use to compare before after but again these really need to be completed on the same piece of road (we use track) and with conditions as close as possible too. 0-60mph is way more to do with the launch than anything else.

5. If our rear silencer ‘loses’ power then we certainly wouldn’t be posting the times that we are, we’re actually quite a long way ahead and we have data from our race manifolds / OPF delete with stock rear and race manifolds / OPF delete with JCR rear and there is a very distinct gain in performance.

5.1. In regards to stock vs rear box only 100-200kph data this is something that I will be able to gather in the next few weeks with the next willing customer car we have in, no issues, I’ll share on this thread ASAP.

6. Again, I was trying to be polite, very happy that you’re successful and earning lots of money. I think you’re getting the wrong end of the stick with a number of responses on this thread. You have to be reasonably open to criticism when presenting this kind of information in this way.

JC
Did this data gathering ever happen? Did the thread starter ever get another dyno run or swap for another product? I don't necessarily agree with the poster's combative attitude, but I do like representative data.

Last edited by TheBucketOfTruth; 11-27-2023 at 11:48 PM.
Old 11-30-2023, 09:27 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 436 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by rp2000r
To really compare results got to do runs same day I would think but thanks for sharing your info and results.
yes because next day ECU step in erasing eventual gain

Quick Reply: LOST 10 HP with JCR EXHAUST (Non-silences Valved Race Pipes)