Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 new build - Spec Check !

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2021, 04:57 PM
gtgpf
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question GT4 new build - Spec Check !

Hi all,

Looking for critiques and help with a few questions for the GT4!

I have specced out as per the following code: PNK174G4 (http://www.porsche-code.com/PNK174G4)

The intention is for the car to be used most days for daily duties (no commutes) and also taken out on the track where possible (~4-8x/yr) so I have added a lot of the luxurys such as the leather throughout.
-
  1. As specced the options are equivalent to 35%+ of the MSRP; Looking for your subjective views here - Do you consider this "too much" for the level of car it is? My thinking: The obvious upgrade the GT3 is significantly more expensive and the Carrera S with a similar spec adds +20% to the all-in cost vs the GT4, so not a small jump either.
  2. I have been quoted £4000+vat ($6600) for full PPF + £500+vat ($825) for ceramic coating on top at NVN vs £3800+vat ($6265) for full PPF from Topaz, not sure on the ceramic but expect to be similar. Would you suggest one over the other? Is there any difference in the materials used between shops?
  3. Is it possible to replace the alcantara centres on the bucket seats? (ie) are they detachable?
  4. Can the bucket seat be adjusted in the passenger side with the fire extinguisher fitted?
  5. Is the fire extinguisher from the clubsport package the same as that in the options list if added separately?
  6. "Steering wheel rim and gear level in smooth-finish leather in Black" - Does this option include the same yellow stitching as in the alcantara version? The render doesn't display any stitiching deviation and the description does not mention this either
  7. "Steering column casing in leather" - the description states "...and with decorative stitching in interior colour." but the render shows no stitching deviation, will this be yellow as per the remainder of the contrasting stitching? (Same question for the door sills in leather)
  8. "Dashboard trim package leather/Race-Tex" - is the only difference between this and the full leather package the small piece on the side of the dashboard which in this selection will be alcantara? (ie) the part covered when the door is closed.
  9. Is "racing yellow" the correct yellow to match the dashboard trim package for the rest of the interiors stitching?
  10. I cant figure out what I am missing, if anything, by not including the "Interior package with decorative stitching and embriodery in contrasting colour"? Are there any other places that I will not have the deviated stitching on with my selections? : If I include this option and select sills/wheel trim etc. from here I lose the door straps in yellow, they become silver, which makes no sense.
  11. Are there any issues in leaving the car outside as opposed to in a closed garage? (all year, inc. winter)
  12. What tyres would you recommend to purchase given the stock tyres are not appropriate for all year use? (UK...wet)
Look forward to hearing your thoughts

Thanks!