Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

PSA - Shark Blue seats belts and bespoke floor mats are available

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2021 | 06:01 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Default PSA - Shark Blue seats belts and bespoke floor mats are available

Didn't see a thread on this so thought I would put it out there in case folks wanted to add this to their builds. This way, you can now match Speed Blue Extended Deviated Stitching to Shark Blue seat belts.

I wish that if you select the Extended Deviated Stitching and there's a matching seat belt option, the default silver door pull should come in the matching seat belt color option automatically. On the GT4 and Spyder, this would mean Lizard Green, Shark Blue, Bordeaux Red, and Chalk would have matching door pulls since there's a matching set belt option.

You can now also customize a set of floor mats with your own verbiage. I've never seen this offered before but then again, I'm not a frequent shopper of high end sport cars so this is cool. I might ask my SA or local dealer if I can order a set on its own (since I already have my car.)

On a side note, I find it weird that PAG states that Speed Blue stitching is the same as Shark Blue in terms of color but yet they're named differently. This has been discussed in the 992 GT3/Touring forum where folks are meeting with their Exclusive Advisor and they're being told Speed Blue and Shark Blue are one and the same in terms of color but for some reason called different names. Seems to reason that if they're different names, there would be some kind of difference even if in the slightest. After all, we pay PTS prices for the slightest differences in saturation/tone of the same color. i.e. Shark Blue/Voodoo Blue, Riviera Blue/Mexico Blue, Python Green/Signal Green, etc.

Last edited by halfmonkey; 09-16-2021 at 06:11 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by halfmonkey:
75north (09-17-2021), CurbKiller (09-17-2021), Dan Nagy (09-16-2021), StormRune (09-16-2021)
Old 09-17-2021 | 06:25 PM
CurbKiller
Instructor

I think the naming bit was down to Speed Blue being out for over a year now and well before Shark Blue was signed off by PAG.

Re: the seatbelts, these can be added to builds in Dec. As my order is already delayed, I'm hoping for a few more weeks of delay to get this

As for the floor mats, you might need to give them a VIN which has this option. Some items can't be ordered off the shelf like that but worth checking.

Quick Reply: PSA - Shark Blue seats belts and bespoke floor mats are available