Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 GT4 OBD Flashing

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 10:58 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,486 Likes on 924 Posts

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
Yes it is. You will be fine. I ran the tune with all different configurations as far as fuel, exhaust, with cats, without cats, with OPF, without, etc. The additional flow from the race muffler isn't enough for a reflash. You aren't a guinea pig. You aren't a test bed. The work has been done. I used to use Dimsport too but it got too expensive paying for therapy when the ECUs would brick. I have flashed nearly a dozen cars via the OBD or the bench with their software. You are in good hands!
One happy customer here!!!!! the flash works perfectly and you do feel the extra power.
The following users liked this post:
josephr25 (09-08-2021)
Old 09-08-2021, 11:56 AM
M Engineering
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,595 Likes on 573 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
One happy customer here!!!!! the flash works perfectly and you do feel the extra power.
Old 09-08-2021, 03:12 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,114 Likes on 2,356 Posts

I can get the pricing for the Stage 2 software? I have catless heads, oap pipes, and bmc filters.
Old 09-08-2021, 06:15 PM
M Engineering
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I can get the pricing for the Stage 2 software? I have catless heads, oap pipes, and bmc filters.
The landing page for our M-Tuning suite is here for the 718 4.0L cars.
Old 09-09-2021, 06:37 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,141 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
Can you describe where in the power band you feel the increase? Does anything else change in your opinion? Are you a 6MT or PDK? Do you have headers or other mods? Basically is the power increase and other affects worth the cost/risks? Thanks in advance
Old 09-09-2021, 06:42 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Quick questions here for @M Engineering. I have a PDK and have some concerns about the rev limit going to 8200. Will this be available in Auto or Manual or both? What affect on the PDK tranny and specifically clutch inside the PDK will the increase in HP/TQ have on reliability and wear and tear? Finally have you guys flashed any GT4 PDKs and how are they working so far? Thanks in advance! I ask because I am very interested in this mod as I have the Kline carback systems and love the sound of the car but want more power without the added noise of the headers...
Old 09-09-2021, 08:23 PM
M Engineering
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by dnimi123
Quick questions here for @M Engineering. I have a PDK and have some concerns about the rev limit going to 8200. Will this be available in Auto or Manual or both? What affect on the PDK tranny and specifically clutch inside the PDK will the increase in HP/TQ have on reliability and wear and tear? Finally have you guys flashed any GT4 PDKs and how are they working so far? Thanks in advance! I ask because I am very interested in this mod as I have the Kline carback systems and love the sound of the car but want more power without the added noise of the headers...
Our maps we provide on M-Tuner do not increase the rev limit on them. However, if you'd like it raised, we can gladly accommodate for that request. The Porsche PDK gearboxes are way overbuilt and will have no problem taking the increase HP and TQ we throw at it. A few GT4's in the wild out there have been flashed without issue, I'll let those owners chime in if they see this post

-M
Old 09-09-2021, 08:30 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M Engineering
Our maps we provide on M-Tuner do not increase the rev limit on them. However, if you'd like it raised, we can gladly accommodate for that request. The Porsche PDK gearboxes are way overbuilt and will have no problem taking the increase HP and TQ we throw at it. A few GT4's in the wild out there have been flashed without issue, I'll let those owners chime in if they see this post

-M
OK great! Thank you. Very excited to here from 718 GT4 owners who have done this mod and their impressions.
Old 09-10-2021, 01:08 AM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

@M Engineering sorry one last question. In your Stage 1 and Stage 2 @91 octane you are comparing to stock TQ/WHP. So my question is this.. is the stage 2 stock TQ/WHP WITH the aftermarket exhaust and the delta with the stage 2 tune? Or is the aftermarket exhaust added to the delta? Because the delta S1 vs S2 is only 3.7HP and about 5 TQ? So if the stock numbers are factory stock across the board, then why so little attributed to the exhaust itself - there must be more than 3/5 HP/TQ for a catback GPF delete system? Non? Thank you
Old 09-10-2021, 03:14 AM
JCviggen
Rennlist Member

Received 1,599 Likes on 618 Posts

OK great! Thank you. Very excited to here from 718 GT4 owners who have done this mod and their impressions.
As soon as I get mine (which will be a little while, as shipping the dongle here is tricky) I will dyno my car with their flash on a state of the art MAHA dyno. I'm expecting reasonably good things. But it will be a stage 2 flash as I won't be returning my exhaust to stock.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:11 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,486 Likes on 924 Posts

Can you describe where in the power band you feel the increase? Does anything else change in your opinion? Are you a 6MT or PDK? Do you have headers or other mods? Basically is the power increase and other affects worth the cost/risks? Thanks in advance

My GT4 is PDK. Mods include the race headers, OAP with 200 cell race cats, BMC filters and stock rear muffler. The power is felt across the whole power band but specially on the mid and upper range.
They also fixed the PSE ON logic of shutting the valves between 2K and 4K rpms...now they are open all the time when set to ON.
I have tested side by side with a friend's GT4 with the same mods at the track and mine pulls away, slowly, from him....mine is definitely faster. He is getting the ECU flash for sure!
I did mine when we had to send the ECU...I need to contact John to get the cable as I would like to try the 100 Oct map for track days as I use Sunoco 100 or 104.
dnimi123 (09-10-2021)
Old 09-10-2021, 01:22 PM
M Engineering
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

@M Engineering sorry one last question. In your Stage 1 and Stage 2 @91 octane you are comparing to stock TQ/WHP. So my question is this.. is the stage 2 stock TQ/WHP WITH the aftermarket exhaust and the delta with the stage 2 tune? Or is the aftermarket exhaust added to the delta? Because the delta S1 vs S2 is only 3.7HP and about 5 TQ? So if the stock numbers are factory stock across the board, then why so little attributed to the exhaust itself - there must be more than 3/5 HP/TQ for a catback GPF delete system? Non? Thank you
No problem. That particular graph was from a vehicle tuned remotely on a different dyno than we have here compared to what we normally tune on in Torrance. The baseline has exhaust installed on it and with a cargraphics system. You will definitely get different results depending on what brand system you run, and whether or not you do OAP, headers, etc on it. With M-Tuner we can adjust the calibration if need be based on datalogs you send in, so if you have a higher flowing setup, we can give the car a little more. As time goes by and we see more of these cars and continue development, we'll have updated graphs and numbers for everyone.

-M
dnimi123 (09-10-2021)
Old 09-10-2021, 01:42 PM
kj71109
Instructor

Received 155 Likes on 66 Posts

This is super exciting! I may have to pick this up. Question: When flashing back to stock for dealer visits, are they able to tell if the car has been flashed for potential warranty repairs? I.e.- Flash counter or checking parameters.
Old 09-10-2021, 03:01 PM
M Engineering
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by kj71109
This is super exciting! I may have to pick this up. Question: When flashing back to stock for dealer visits, are they able to tell if the car has been flashed for potential warranty repairs? I.e.- Flash counter or checking parameters.
For those inquiring about smog checks and flashing back to stock for dealer visits. Our software allows flashing completely back to stock and will also report and verify that your CVN and CALID is stock.

kj71109 (09-10-2021)
Old 09-10-2021, 09:21 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M Engineering
No problem. That particular graph was from a vehicle tuned remotely on a different dyno than we have here compared to what we normally tune on in Torrance. The baseline has exhaust installed on it and with a cargraphics system. You will definitely get different results depending on what brand system you run, and whether or not you do OAP, headers, etc on it. With M-Tuner we can adjust the calibration if need be based on datalogs you send in, so if you have a higher flowing setup, we can give the car a little more. As time goes by and we see more of these cars and continue development, we'll have updated graphs and numbers for everyone.

-M
Thank you ordering Monday!

Quick Reply: 718 GT4 OBD Flashing