Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Valve rattling with PSE closed

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2024, 09:11 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Received 384 Likes on 237 Posts

I think my driver side exhaust valve rattles when cold but the dealer said the gap/play in the valve is normal (even though the passenger side valve do not have that play). See below pic. Anyway, it only rattle a minute or 2 before the car got warm then disappear so I am not to picky about it.
1st pic is the driver side valve with gap, 2nd pic is the same valve without play/gap

The following users liked this post:
BabyNSX (06-18-2024)
Old 06-18-2024, 01:31 PM
Coleman
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 62 Posts

Yours look a bit different than mine, I'm not sure if there's a nut on top of the "axis" in the center of the tube, but if there is, you can try adjusting that, otherwise, you can easily adjust the length of the actuation arm by removing the small clip at the ball joint, popping the cup off the ball and then twisting to lengthen or shorten to add a bit more tension so the valve is always tight.. There's also a lock nut on the arm after you've adjusted it.
Old 06-18-2024, 02:26 PM
BabyNSX
Rennlist Member

Received 627 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by Coleman
Yours look a bit different than mine, I'm not sure if there's a nut on top of the "axis" in the center of the tube, but if there is, you can try adjusting that, otherwise, you can easily adjust the length of the actuation arm by removing the small clip at the ball joint, popping the cup off the ball and then twisting to lengthen or shorten to add a bit more tension so the valve is always tight.. There's also a lock nut on the arm after you've adjusted it.
The pictures posted by Lowbee are from the OE back box and look exactly like mine. I don't have the left/right variation that he is showing, but mine rattle A LOT during cold starts and I can't wait to rid myself of that factory box.
Old 06-18-2024, 02:33 PM
Coleman
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 62 Posts

Oooohhh .. I thought it was a SOUL.. I don't know, you can still try messing with the actuator arm length..

@BabyNSX @ your icon image.. that's the craziest negative camber in the front that I've seen.. Maybe it's just the photo
Old 06-18-2024, 02:46 PM
BabyNSX
Rennlist Member

Received 627 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by Coleman
@BabyNSX @ your icon image.. that's the craziest negative camber in the front that I've seen.. Maybe it's just the photo
LOL... just -2.7deg. A fairly typical amount for a street/track setup.

Quick Reply: Valve rattling with PSE closed