Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The 718 Spyder RS Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM
Mike981S
Pro

Received 417 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Fractal-Spyder
Originally planned to take a month in Europe with my girlfriend. My girlfriend had to go to another country to take care of some family stuff. So.., we’ll do it again next time. also, not sure if i want to drive this precious thing in Europe. i may buy a Macan GTS and take the euro delivery on that next year. more room for luggage and much more comfortable

Before then I’ll have another shot in April-ish timeframe when we do another euro delivery (GT3 RS / assuming allocation drops by end of the year (first in line). Hopefully in Leipzig this time around..

Thanks for the kind congrats. I am absolutely in love with this vehicle!
Congrats on the delivery! Melanie is a great host (she hosted my GT4RS delivery too). A pity you did not get to drive the car in Europe. Believe me, taking the car into the Alps to drive on Grossglockner, over the Dolomite passes and over the Swiss passes, even down into Tuscany or the French Riviera and then back up through the French Alps is a great experience with the SRS or GT4RS. It will be fun in a Macan too, but way less. And the 718 RS cars have enough luggage space for two people and 6 weeks. The GT3RS on the other hand requires you to travel light or have a way to ship/transport luggage seperately.

I posted this on the euro-delivery area, but i thought i’d post it here again. in my case, due to euro-delivery capacity issues, Leipzig was out for me. They then scheduled me for Stuttgart 2 months after my car was built. So naturally i was extremely concerned about where they would store my car prior to my arrival here. There was no solid / definitely answer. There are some covered and uncovered areas. Naturally, i asked them about this today. they assured me that GT / higher cost cars are kept in their original GT zipper bags under the cover. They showed me exactly where my car was kept for the last 2 months. here is the photo of the lot. So if you were like me, and had concerns, rest assured they care of us GT customers. No need to worry about extreme weather, including hail. Was very relieved.

That looks like the parking garage right next to the delivery building. You actually drive through it when you drive out of the delivery.
The following users liked this post:
Fractal-Spyder (Today)
Old Today, 06:46 AM
Fractal-Spyder
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike981S
Congrats on the delivery! Melanie is a great host (she hosted my GT4RS delivery too). A pity you did not get to drive the car in Europe. Believe me, taking the car into the Alps to drive on Grossglockner, over the Dolomite passes and over the Swiss passes, even down into Tuscany or the French Riviera and then back up through the French Alps is a great experience with the SRS or GT4RS. It will be fun in a Macan too, but way less. And the 718 RS cars have enough luggage space for two people and 6 weeks. The GT3RS on the other hand requires you to travel light or have a way to ship/transport luggage seperately.

That looks like the parking garage right next to the delivery building. You actually drive through it when you drive out of the delivery.
You’ve literally described my previous trip plans. Although, i was planning a motorcycle trip from UK - France, Spain & Germany. from Stuttgart, park the bike and take the spyder to the alps + italy & return. Things didn’t work out this time around. My GF had to leave for another country for couple of months. next time!
But for the GT3RS, I’d just take it for a spin to the alps and drop it off. wouldn’t feel comfortable driving that thing, especially without any useful luggage space. But for something like a Macan or Cayenne, definitely!

Last edited by Fractal-Spyder; Today at 06:49 AM.
Old Today, 07:59 AM
Fractal-Spyder
Racer

Default Anyone PPF’d their GT4 RS / SRS yet?

anyone PPF’d their cars yet? how did you handle the stickers on the vehicle? Did you PPF over it, or order new set of decals / stickers and reapply after the car has been wrapped? Unlike the normal 718 Spyder, the letters & decals are flat stickers. If you PPF over them, high risk of bubbles forming all around the decals and letters (i’ve seen this). Also, does anyone know if the clear coating is painted over the front hood Porsche sticker or does it look like it was applied over the finished clear coat? this is one thing i forgot to look over carefully during Euro-delivery.
Old Today, 08:47 AM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,797 Likes on 898 Posts

Front sticker comes right off
​​​​​​

​​​​​
The following users liked this post:
Fractal-Spyder (Today)
Old Today, 10:09 AM
Fractal-Spyder
Racer

Originally Posted by Ksdaoski
Front sticker comes right off
​​​​​​

​​​​​
Thank you. did you re-use the sticker or ordered new ones?
Old Today, 10:41 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,690 Likes on 929 Posts

I removed and replaced. If you apply over you get the vinyl edge gap (the bubble you mention).
Old Today, 11:53 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,672 Likes on 2,091 Posts

I did a full PPF, mostly 10mil.

I had it installed over all the stickers and factory PPF.

There is an edge visible over the factory PPF.

Less visible is any over the stickers, especially hood. The rear has kinda 3d look at certain angles. I like it.

I’d do same again as I like the smooth finish.

The only thing I left w/o PPF was the wrapped black windshield. Wasn’t convinced it could be wrapped, even with stealth, to maintain the look/finish.

This was done at Xpel’s HQ store, so pretty much the experts.
Old Today, 01:20 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,797 Likes on 898 Posts

Installer purchased a new one from Porsche

Quick Reply: The 718 Spyder RS Discussion Thread