Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The 718 Spyder RS Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2024, 08:00 AM
Shookie
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Is it possible to wrap the wheels? I’m looking at the configurator selection , on vanadium, nothing seems to pop aftermarket Patina Gold might work , but I would have also loved the GT3RS red painted wheels , that would be wonderful !
Old 02-03-2024, 10:18 AM
Spyder RS
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shookie
Is it possible to wrap the wheels? I’m looking at the configurator selection , on vanadium, nothing seems to pop aftermarket Patina Gold might work , but I would have also loved the GT3RS red painted wheels , that would be wonderful !
yes, you can even do it yourself with liquid wrap. I did that with my previous 718 Spyder and it worked for me quite well. Search google for Spraywrap
Attached Images   
The following users liked this post:
Shookie (02-07-2024)
Old 02-03-2024, 09:00 PM
emkae
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 21 Posts
Default SRS Allocation

Got a call today that I received a Spyder RS allocation. Head is still spinning, could not believe it. Moving up from 718 T to GTS and now this. No PTS but doesn’t matter much. Thinking GR or one of the blues. Next thing we know is fast electric this and incredible electric that. Where we have landed now with SRS is reason to be excited about.
The following 11 users liked this post by emkae:
Carcam (02-03-2024), Drifting (02-03-2024), geistspyder (02-04-2024), hk43 (02-03-2024), jyu0 (02-03-2024), Leonel (02-04-2024), McClown (02-04-2024), mwar99 (02-03-2024), n4v4nod (02-03-2024), vcp13 (02-03-2024), yellolab (02-03-2024) and 6 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-03-2024, 09:07 PM
348SStb
Burning Brakes

Received 514 Likes on 291 Posts

Congratulations, emkae.

So I guess today was the day that additional allocations dropped? Do we have any more info on this, guys?
Old 02-03-2024, 09:18 PM
jyu0
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by emkae
Got a call today that I received a Spyder RS allocation. Head is still spinning, could not believe it. Moving up from 718 T to GTS and now this. No PTS but doesn’t matter much. Thinking GR or one of the blues. Next thing we know is fast electric this and incredible electric that. Where we have landed now with SRS is reason to be excited about.
Congrats! Can you share dealer location and allocation month?
Old 02-04-2024, 12:52 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,690 Likes on 929 Posts

Originally Posted by 348SStb
Congratulations, emkae.

So I guess today was the day that additional allocations dropped? Do we have any more info on this, guys?
My guess it's someone that gave up their allocation. Emkae, what production month is it?
Old 02-04-2024, 01:12 AM
emkae
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 21 Posts

Ok that makes sense. Production month is March.
Old 02-04-2024, 08:45 PM
coldfire
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 57 Posts

In an unexpected turn of events for me, my sales person contacted me last Monday saying there was an allocation if I wanted, but on tight timeline with decision needed by end of week. April build, June-ish delivery. Even though I expressed my interest to this dealer last year, I had sort of mentally written off getting one. Partially because of low chances (so I thought), but also because I haven't been 100% sure I wanted the RS compared to my 718 Spyder that I've enjoyed since 2021. Of course the Spyder RS is the pinnacle of this platform, and that engine + transmission combo is something I want to experience first hand (I've had a 981 GT4 and the 718 Spyder - both manual). But, I also passed on a used 997 GT3 RS back in 2016 because I felt it was just "too much RS" and that would prevent me from driving in certain situations. I'm only considering the Spyder RS because it seems to be the most toned-down, under the radar current RS you can get. Especially since I'm not a track junkie. But it's still an RS.

So for most of last week I was pretty sure I was going to pass, but then I woke up yesterday and figured I wouldn't really know unless I took the plunge and experienced it for real. Called and gave the deposit (and also committed to buying a Spyder RS chronograph as "ADM" ). I'm not going to keep both the Spyder and RS long term, so what I've decided is to live with the RS for the summer and then make a decision on which one is the keeper. I'm willing to eat some $ on this to find out. Is this absurd? Any others in a similar situation?
The following 3 users liked this post by coldfire:
Brainofjjj (02-05-2024), McClown (02-04-2024), Shookie (02-07-2024)
Old 02-04-2024, 08:54 PM
lilbza
Pro

Received 567 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by coldfire
In an unexpected turn of events for me, my sales person contacted me last Monday saying there was an allocation if I wanted, but on tight timeline with decision needed by end of week. April build, June-ish delivery. Even though I expressed my interest to this dealer last year, I had sort of mentally written off getting one. Partially because of low chances (so I thought), but also because I haven't been 100% sure I wanted the RS compared to my 718 Spyder that I've enjoyed since 2021. Of course the Spyder RS is the pinnacle of this platform, and that engine + transmission combo is something I want to experience first hand (I've had a 981 GT4 and the 718 Spyder - both manual). But, I also passed on a used 997 GT3 RS back in 2016 because I felt it was just "too much RS" and that would prevent me from driving in certain situations. I'm only considering the Spyder RS because it seems to be the most toned-down, under the radar current RS you can get. Especially since I'm not a track junkie. But it's still an RS.

So for most of last week I was pretty sure I was going to pass, but then I woke up yesterday and figured I wouldn't really know unless I took the plunge and experienced it for real. Called and gave the deposit (and also committed to buying a Spyder RS chronograph as "ADM" ). I'm not going to keep both the Spyder and RS long term, so what I've decided is to live with the RS for the summer and then make a decision on which one is the keeper. I'm willing to eat some $ on this to find out. Is this absurd? Any others in a similar situation?
Congrats on the allocation. Spec it well, and if you decide it's too much, I'm sure you'll be able to move it on without being out on pocket.
coldfire (02-04-2024)
Old 02-04-2024, 09:49 PM
hk43
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 55 Posts

Wow that is actually my exact situation - so eerily similar. Had a 2021 PTS Spyder I thought would be a keeper then got offered a PTS SRS allocation on short notice and jumped on it for your same reasons (also not a track junkie). Also same “Canadian ADM” with the chronograph lol. Glad to be in the same boat as you since I’m sure it will be one hell of a ride!
The following 2 users liked this post by hk43:
coldfire (02-04-2024), Shookie (02-07-2024)
Old 02-04-2024, 10:33 PM
coldfire
Rennlist Member

Right now, the spec I am thinking tones down some of the RS flavour a bit. I'm leaning towards no Weissach Package, even though I realize that could hurt resale. All that visible carbon fibre just isn't my thing on this vs. say the GT4 RS. I wish they offered some more Spyder-esque interior options. Would love to spec it closer to something like the 911 Speedster or Touring/ST.
The following 2 users liked this post by coldfire:
Brainofjjj (02-05-2024), n4v4nod (02-04-2024)
Old 02-04-2024, 10:47 PM
lilbza
Pro

Right now, the spec I am thinking tones down some of the RS flavour a bit. I'm leaning towards no Weissach Package, even though I realize that could hurt resale. All that visible carbon fibre just isn't my thing on this vs. say the GT4 RS. I wish they offered some more Spyder-esque interior options. Would love to spec it closer to something like the 911 Speedster or Touring/ST.
I agree with you, but I think WP with hood painted would be the perfect solution, as shown below.

View this post on Instagram
Old 02-04-2024, 10:52 PM
coldfire
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lilbza
I agree with you, but I think WP with hood painted would be the perfect solution, as shown below.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2mH17do...k0d2Z1aTV3ZA==
Beautiful - although I personally couldn't do that colour. Agreed on the painted hood. I also really like the black windshield pillars the more I see it.

Here's one of my favourite non-WP "simple" specs that I've seen:
View this post on Instagram
Old 02-04-2024, 10:57 PM
lilbza
Pro

Beautiful - although I personally couldn't do that colour. Agreed on the painted hood. I also really like the black windshield pillars the more I see it.

Here's one of my favourite non-WP "simple" specs that I've seen:
https://www.instagram.com/p/C1rohQJK...V0&img_index=1
Yeah I'm a big fan of that spec, the more I see pics of Vanadium Grey, the more I like it. I think you can get away with the exposed carbon on a monochromatic colour like that, especially with the hood stripe, but I think fully painted hood does look nicer on the SRS.
coldfire (02-04-2024)
Old 02-04-2024, 11:48 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,690 Likes on 929 Posts

Same... Did no WP for me. Personally not a fan of CF... Almost did painted interior trim, but left CF in the interior to match the seats and door sills. Also prefer the leather dash.
coldfire (02-05-2024)

Quick Reply: The 718 Spyder RS Discussion Thread