Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb
View Poll Results: Shark Blue Wheel Color
Satin Black
45.71%
Silver
54.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Shark Blue wheel color?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2021, 01:39 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Received 818 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyder Bite
Thanks for all of the input. I am going to stay with black wheels. I really like how the PCCB in yellow pops behind it and it makes the most aggressive look.

Changed the build a bit today. Switched back to silver stitching from the yellow on the interior for a more classic look. Got rid of the yellow chrono and seatbelts and went back to black. Also changed the dash/door trim from carbon fiber to brushed dark aluminum. Added steering column leather. And most importantly upgraded the stereo from bose to burmeister system.

Oh man…you chickened out!!! Haha!! I fully understand. I was literally(ok not literally) walking that same tightrope…go safe with silver stitching on black or go a little wild with all the yellow bits. The video below is the one that calmed my fears a bit. One has to remember, on the configurator everything seems so zoomed in so it is a little “much”. But when taken in the bigger picture of the entire cars, that yellow stuff is a small part.

This video is a Miami Blue car and I know it is a different color, but it does give you an idea of a more realistic proportion and perspective. And I know your build(and mine) is VERY similar except the MB. I am in no way trying to convince you of anything. All I am saying is I was going through the exact mental gyrations as you are.

You can fast forward to the point where they go into the interior…or not and soak up the beauty of the car throughout the video.

The following users liked this post:
Spyder Bite (08-10-2021)
Old 08-10-2021, 01:45 PM
Spyder Bite
Pro

Received 719 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by flynlo
Oh man…you chickened out!!! Haha!! I fully understand. I was literally(ok not literally) walking that same tightrope…go safe with silver stitching on black or go a little wild with all the yellow bits. The video below is the one that calmed my fears a bit. One has to remember, on the configurator everything seems so zoomed in so it is a little “much”. But when taken in the bigger picture of the entire cars, that yellow stuff is a small part.

This video is a Miami Blue car and I know it is a different color, but it does give you an idea of a more realistic proportion and perspective. And I know your build(and mine) is VERY similar except the MB. I am in no way trying to convince you of anything. All I am saying is I was going through the exact mental gyrations as you are.

You can fast forward to the point where they go into the interior…or not and soak up the beauty of the car throughout the video.

https://youtu.be/3LiiTVN8DN0
One of the things that bugged me with the yellow was that when you select the leather steering wheel and gear shift **** the deviated stitching disappeared. It didn't look as cohesive. Also paying about $3k for interior bits or having the upgraded stereo came into play. I think long term, I will enjoy the burmeister more for cruising and turn it off when ripping the canyons.
The following users liked this post:
flynlo (08-10-2021)

Quick Reply: Shark Blue wheel color?