Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

6MT vs PDK

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2021 | 10:01 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Archimedes
For Chrissakes, these PDK/manual threads are ****ing moronic. Can the mods please write a software script that sends any new thread with PDK and Manual in the title straight to the trash?!!!
They’re both great transmissions!!!
[Originally Posted by [b]JD911 View Post
Once we settle which transmission is better once and for all, can we please discuss the best oil and tires?]

Oh come on, those are so tame! You only really get in the game with "What about the IMS" n the 996?

Last edited by Zeus993; 07-26-2021 at 10:04 AM.
The following users liked this post:
JD911 (07-28-2021)
Old 07-26-2021 | 10:07 AM
Porsche444
Rennlist Member

I think we should discuss which backup parking method is best, a car or motorcycle. And to proof that motorcycles have the best backup parking method, here is proof

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CRTGe...dium=copy_link

confused66 (07-26-2021)
Old 07-26-2021 | 11:09 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Smile

For Chrissakes, these PDK/manual threads are ****ing moronic. Can the mods please write a software script that sends any new thread with PDK and Manual in the title straight to the trash?!!!

They’re both great transmissions!!!
Now your wanting to remove all the Super-Fun Stuff.

LOL,
Terry
Old 07-26-2021 | 11:11 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Smile

Originally Posted by Zeus993
[Originally Posted by [b]JD911 View Post
Once we settle which transmission is better once and for all, can we please discuss the best oil and tires?]

Oh come on, those are so tame! You only really get in the game with "What about the IMS" n the 996?
And could someone Please, Pretty-Please also add the CBS (Carbon-Bucket-Seats) to the above list.

Terry
The following 2 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
confused66 (07-26-2021), Zhao (07-26-2021)
Old 07-26-2021 | 08:41 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
And could someone Please, Pretty-Please also add the CBS (Carbon-Bucket-Seats) to the above list.

Terry
A true believer would call them LWBs
P-car-Vancouver (07-30-2021)
Old 07-26-2021 | 08:48 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

After driving a Taycan Turbo with all the performance options today, I've concluded that the answer to the PDK vs. Manual debate is...neither. After having my mind blown by that car, I'm of the opinion that our ICE cars are dinosaurs and we're like cavemen arguing over whether we should use dung or leaves to heat our caves.
Old 07-26-2021 | 08:50 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zhao
A true believer would call them LWBs
this!

I will end this debate now, "everyone" knows that the absolute best cars are:

- painted some shade of blue (Miami, Riviera, Mexico, Maritime, Arrow, Voodoo, Shark, Cobalt, Sapphire...)
- interior painted to ext color
- with yellow PCCBs (matching seatbelts are optional, but only if in matching ext. color)
- LWBS
- 6MT

anyone who questions this "fact" should quietly accept that they are totally and completely *wrong* ... this is based on science! the debate is over!

Anders (07-27-2021)
Old 07-26-2021 | 08:52 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

After driving a Taycan Turbo with all the performance options today, I've concluded that the answer to the PDK vs. Manual debate is...neither. After having my mind blown by that car, I'm of the opinion that our ICE cars are dinosaurs and we're like cavemen arguing over whether we should use dung or leaves to heat our caves.
well dung probably is more efficient at heating lbs for lbs vs leaves, it it probably takes longer to collect the same amount of leaves as dung, so clearly dung is faster and more efficient ... but leaves smell better than dung ... alight or otherwise!

discuss...

Jay1k2 (07-26-2021)
Old 07-26-2021 | 09:12 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
well dung probably is more efficient at heating lbs for lbs vs leaves, it it probably takes longer to collect the same amount of leaves as dung, so clearly dung is faster and more efficient ... but leaves smell better than dung ... alight or otherwise!

discuss...
So what you're saying is dung is PDK and leaves are manuals. So the future will have no use for dung, but someone might want leaves for the smell... and blitzed out of your mind vision quest certain leaves give you.

Old 07-26-2021 | 09:17 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zhao
So what you're saying is dung is PDK and leaves are manuals. So the future will have no use for dung, but someone might want leaves for the smell... and blitzed out of your mind vision quest certain leaves give you.
you could say that! I think what @Archimedes was trying to say is that neither dung nor leaves are useful or relevant when you have batteries to heat your cave with! ...
Old 07-26-2021 | 09:21 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
you could say that! I think what @Archimedes was trying to say is that neither dung nor leaves are useful or relevant when you have batteries to heat your cave with! ...
Yes, batteries that warp time and space in an 'I'm not even breaking a sweat' kinda way. When I listened really closely, I could hear the sound of ICE cars sliding into the proverbial tar pits. ICE cars are the dinosaurs, and the Taycan Turbo is the asteroid.

It was sooo pleasurable to drive. I've never walked away from a car saying 'holy ****' to myself. Until today.

Last edited by Archimedes; 07-26-2021 at 09:23 PM.
Old 07-26-2021 | 09:25 PM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Yes, batteries that warp time and space in an 'I'm not even breaking a sweat' kinda way. When I listened really closely, I could hear the sound of ICE cars sliding into the proverbial tar pits. ICE cars are the dinosaurs, and the Taycan Turbo is the asteroid.

It was sooo pleasurable to drive.
The power and acceleration is there, but they still have a lot of work and technological advances to make before electric cars can have comparible weights and handling prowess.
Old 07-26-2021 | 09:31 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

It was sooo pleasurable to drive. I've never walked away from a car saying 'holy ****' to myself. Until today.
I hope you remembered to angle the deflectors while you calculated the jump to lightspeed...
Old 07-26-2021 | 10:47 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Did you ever drive a tesla for comparison? I'll probably never drive a taycan unless I get one as a loaner but am curious if it's a lot better than a Tesla (sure hope so).
Old 07-26-2021 | 10:48 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

for an alleged audiophile.. you make no sense

Quick Reply: 6MT vs PDK