Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Akrapovic Link Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2021, 12:46 AM
Wei718
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Akrapovic Link Pipes

I installed a pair of Akrapovic OAP bought used from a member here a week ago but sadly it is way too loud for me and it is mated with the Akrapovic slip on. I am planning on removing them and just run the slip on which I was quite happy with.

So, they will be up for grabs pretty soon. Anyone in the Bay Area interested on them?

LINK PIPES ARE GONE!

Last edited by Wei718; 07-09-2021 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-25-2021, 03:46 AM
Regul8415
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

@KelvinC
Old 06-25-2021, 07:50 AM
VVG
Rennlist Member

Received 1,096 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by Wei718
I installed a pair of Akrapovic OAP bought used from a member here a week ago but sadly it is way too loud for me and it is mated with the Akrapovic slip on. I am planning on removing them and just run the slip on which I was quite happy with.

So, they will be up for grabs pretty soon. Anyone in the Bay Area interested on them?

So does the Akra slip-on alone produce a much nicer sound or is it very subtle?
Old 06-25-2021, 11:23 AM
johnmidd
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I may be interested please PM
Old 06-25-2021, 11:32 AM
douriel
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

I would be interested as well. That said, I am on the east coast. Please send me a DM and maybe we can figure it out.
Old 06-25-2021, 12:10 PM
Wei718
Instructor

Originally Posted by VVG
So does the Akra slip-on alone produce a much nicer sound or is it very subtle?
It’s definitely a nicer tone than stock and subtle increase in volume during normal driving but it opens up when you get on it. YouTube videos does it no justice at all.

Originally Posted by johnmidd
I may be interested please PM

Originally Posted by douriel
I would be interested as well. That said, I am on the east coast. Please send me a DM and maybe we can figure it out.
Will send you guys a PM once I remove it from my car
Old 06-25-2021, 12:50 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 726 Likes on 439 Posts

I installed Akra OAP only on my car and was hoping for a small bump in volume (also have Cargraphic valve controller). It got significantly louder than I thought to be honest. It certainly sounds nice, just a bit more decibels than I had imagined.

Before with stock exhaust, even with the valves open, the car was flying under the radar quite easily. Now I have to close the valves to avoid getting attention from cops lol!
Old 06-25-2021, 12:56 PM
omar0022
Racer

Received 269 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by sin911
I installed Akra OAP only on my car and was hoping for a small bump in volume (also have Cargraphic valve controller). It got significantly louder than I thought to be honest. It certainly sounds nice, just a bit more decibels than I had imagined.

Before with stock exhaust, even with the valves open, the car was flying under the radar quite easily. Now I have to close the valves to avoid getting attention from cops lol!
Same! For me the running closed valves is perfect balance db with Akra OAP. When I want to be that hooligan and looking to get noticed, I open them up. :-)
Old 06-25-2021, 12:58 PM
Wei718
Instructor

Lol! I feel you! My car is so loud that I personally think the cop would probably give me a state ref ticket. The few times I drove my car with this setup it sounds like I am going way faster than I really am. Does sound really nice though just don’t want to get in trouble.
Old 06-25-2021, 03:33 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,694 Likes on 2,731 Posts

Yet you kept them on the car?

Originally Posted by omar0022
Same! For me the running closed valves is perfect balance db with Akra OAP. When I want to be that hooligan and looking to get noticed, I open them up. :-)
Hooligan!? Really, the sound is great as long as the throttle is used with restraint...
The following 2 users liked this post by Westcoast:
omar0022 (06-25-2021), phefner (06-25-2021)
Old 06-25-2021, 09:22 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,609 Likes on 2,347 Posts

given my experience with the SOUL OAPs and Akra slip-on I would say, for me personally, the combination is also too loud for comfort - awaiting a set of the CarGraphic flow optimized OAPs to see if that is a happy medium between "straight thru" and OEM...
The following users liked this post:
Wei718 (06-25-2021)
Old 06-25-2021, 11:06 PM
No Name
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
given my experience with the SOUL OAPs and Akra slip-on I would say, for me personally, the combination is also too loud for comfort - awaiting a set of the CarGraphic flow optimized OAPs to see if that is a happy medium between "straight thru" and OEM...
when are you expect to get CG OAP's Larry?
Old 06-26-2021, 01:27 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by No Name
when are you expect to get CG OAP's Larry?
I ordered them at the beginning of April but Cargraphic had some supply issues - they claim they will ship in the next 1-2 wks ...
Old 06-26-2021, 11:56 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,694 Likes on 2,731 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Maybe the wife is right and I am going deaf!?

As you know I have the Akra link-pipes and the JCR silenced rear section, unless I have the valves open and really giving the beans it seem pretty livable... I have no plans to remove either piece of this combination but look forward to disabling the sound symposer at my next convenience.
The following 2 users liked this post by Westcoast:
Alpha Ice (06-29-2021), UncleDude (06-26-2021)
Old 06-26-2021, 01:56 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Maybe the wife is right and I am going deaf!?

As you know I have the Akra link-pipes and the JCR silenced rear section, unless I have the valves open and really giving the beans it seem pretty livable... I have no plans to remove either piece of this combination but look forward to disabling the sound symposer at my next convenience.
maybe the JCR silencer is doing an amazing job...

while sound is vey subjective, its my opinion that the filter matrix resonators in the OEM OAPs are acting as very effective silencers, once you replace them with a straight thru design OAP you are basically
moving the job of sound mitigation to the exhaust itself ...

Once the valves open on my car circa 4k rpm the resulting sound is great, but it gets tiresome very very quickly ... again subjectively.

Quick Reply: Akrapovic Link Pipes