Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 on order - still have some questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 05:03 PM
LZRD GRN
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by 4MIDABLE
Hey OP...I am also in the GTA (west end).

1. Have had the car for a year and only (lightly) scraped the splitter once and that was on some crappy North York road...and i had the car lowered by 10mm...so at stock height I wouldn't be too worried on most GTA roads.
2. Don't be so sure on the seats...I have the LWBS and the wife hasn't complained once about them being uncomfortable and we have been on some fairly long drives (2+ hrs)...and judging from your picture, your fiancé is likely younger than my wife!! Worth thinking about, b/c the buckets are really, really nice.
3. The extra 20k is worth it.
Agree totally!

The LWBS are great and if you use some of the aftermarket inserts you have great options for comfort and style...

If you track the car you WANT the LWBS, trust me, I have the basic 4 ways on my GT3 and every time on the track I wish I had the LWBS.....

Cheers!
Old 06-01-2021, 05:21 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Received 819 Likes on 393 Posts

Also realize a GT4 allocation does not automatically convert to a GTS allocation. So if you change your mind, you are back to chasing allocations.
Old 06-01-2021, 05:39 PM
McMGC
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

EE did some aero comparison between two models.
To me, if I only do casual track days, GTS4.0 should be sufficient.
The following users liked this post:
slilley (06-02-2021)
Old 06-01-2021, 05:54 PM
orclean1
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

BUY THE GT4
josephr25 (06-01-2021)
Old 06-01-2021, 06:04 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,635 Likes on 1,332 Posts

Won't they let him trade someone for a GTS allocation? I assume the GT4 line is longer and there might be someone in the GTS queue who would love to swap. Or maybe they don't allow those sorts of hijinks.
Old 06-01-2021, 06:08 PM
James.T
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by LZRD GRN
Agree totally!

The LWBS are great and if you use some of the aftermarket inserts you have great options for comfort and style...

If you track the car you WANT the LWBS, trust me, I have the basic 4 ways on my GT3 and every time on the track I wish I had the LWBS.....

Cheers!
Ugh, now you have me rethinking the seats. I thought I had made that choice. Haha
jake18 (06-05-2021)
Old 06-01-2021, 06:44 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Received 819 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrift
Won't they let him trade someone for a GTS allocation? I assume the GT4 line is longer and there might be someone in the GTS queue who would love to swap. Or maybe they don't allow those sorts of hijinks.

I am under the impression that GTS allocations are just as hard to come by as GT4/Spyder allocations....I have heard that they may even be harder to come by. And like you said, not sure they would allow it. And you would have to find someone willing to do it even so.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:27 PM
James.T
Intermediate

My SA told me changing to a GTS would not be a problem. I am not in a hurry and would like to do Euro delivery next spring. I was told this would be no problem for a GTS. With the GT4 I would likely end up with a winter delivery so Euro delivery is not appealing.
The following 2 users liked this post by James.T:
flynlo (06-01-2021), P-car-Vancouver (06-02-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 03:06 AM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Received 696 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by James.T
This is good info, thanks.

I'm planning on low level of tech options so I don't think the GT4 is a problem there. The GT4 comes in Shark blue which is very close to my PTS preference colour of Voodoo (or Rubystar) so I'm happy there too.

I'm specing the base seats which I found had good comfort for me and likely better longer road trips with frequent in/out. Road trips with fixed buckets would be a hard no from the Fiance...
GTS 4.0 MY 2022 also available in Shark Blue BTW. My BGTS 4.0 is MY 2021 and will be daily driver so I opted for the little “softer” car with the electric top and more options for daily use. Plus getting a Spyder allocation would’ve been next to impossible You can’t go wrong either way so go with your heart not your head.
Old 06-03-2021, 11:59 AM
hoontang
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Agree totally!

Cheers!
If you have the opportunity, definitely try to sit in and get a quick drive in the LWBS. I was convinced I wanted them, and I fit great, but getting in and out is more involved than I expected.

As always, it depends on the primary purpose of the car.
Old 06-03-2021, 03:36 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Agree totally!

Cheers!
^^^this
Old 06-03-2021, 04:23 PM
James.T
Intermediate

I was able to test sit in a car at the dealer but not able to drive a car with the seats. Felt comfortable to me but driving longer distance would be the only way to know.

Typically I like to sit low/pretty far back due to long arms/legs. From things I have read I would probably like them and could add parts to recline the seat slightly.

Do cars with the LWBS typically sell at a premium to base seats? It's easier to swallow the 6700k increase if it is a money in/out situation. Likely going to keep the car a long time. I had my Vette for 7 years so not planning to flip the car a year or two later.
Old 06-05-2021, 12:21 AM
mnl
Advanced

Received 92 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by James.T
I was able to test sit in a car at the dealer but not able to drive a car with the seats. Felt comfortable to me but driving longer distance would be the only way to know.

Typically I like to sit low/pretty far back due to long arms/legs. From things I have read I would probably like them and could add parts to recline the seat slightly.

Do cars with the LWBS typically sell at a premium to base seats? It's easier to swallow the 6700k increase if it is a money in/out situation. Likely going to keep the car a long time. I had my Vette for 7 years so not planning to flip the car a year or two later.
if resale value matters i think the buckets do make a difference, they seem to be a more desirable option in general so i think those generally sell faster than ones with the base seats.

seats are hard cause every person is different, but fwiw my first two days of driving the car i had ~6.5hr long drives. pretty chill just gathering up miles for break in. I did stop a couple times but honestly just cause I wanted to take photos not because i felt like i needed to get out of the seats. for me at least the buckets are incredibly comfortable, zero complaints. sure they're a bit harder to get in out of vs regular seats, but it doesn't bother me at all, but again its all relative to each person so if you're worried it'd be best to try them in person [and maybe also have your fiancé try them since her opinion is probably also valuable in making the decision?]

Quick Reply: GT4 on order - still have some questions