Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

PCCB - It's not just the yellow calipers...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 08:02 PM
Reedy
Burning Brakes

Received 1,038 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by 2XIPA
I’d be a little wary about ST. Check out it’s investor page. Not sure if they have made any money yet.
Even if that's the case, they're still cheaper to buy as a 1 off than PCCB's are.
Old 02-03-2022, 08:29 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,739 Likes on 847 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
this!

but then there are these guys: https://www.rebrake.de/en
I bookmarked that site for future reference.
Old 02-03-2022, 11:30 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,325 Likes on 792 Posts

I used to be able to access the entire Porsche parts catalog for ALL parts, not just the ones that dealers like Suncoast offer on their websites. Is that functionality gone now? I've searched and can't find it anywhere, even using the URL I had used in the past.
Old 02-04-2022, 02:25 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,529 Likes on 2,662 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
I used to be able to access the entire Porsche parts catalog for ALL parts, not just the ones that dealers like Suncoast offer on their websites. Is that functionality gone now? I've searched and can't find it anywhere, even using the URL I had used in the past.
Perhaps a little bit more information about what site you were using? Any of the ones that I am familiar with still work.

Old 02-04-2022, 06:27 AM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Perhaps a little bit more information about what site you were using? Any of the ones that I am familiar with still work.
https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessor...originalparts/

what’s the URL of the method you’re using?

The following users liked this post:
N3RVOUSGT4 (02-04-2022)
Old 02-04-2022, 11:36 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

That URL works for me and returns a part with diagram and a suggested price... cool I hadn't used that one before!

Generally I go to a link like this one, it is for a specified dealership but most seem to have them, this is Marin in California, but I have used Sunset in Oregon among others: Porsche OEM Parts | https://www.porschemarinparts.com | Porsche Marin

The "dealer based" sites generally offer a discount on the MSRP price as you can see. Here is the dealer in Oregon: 2017-2020 Porsche Rocker Molding 982-853-564-G2X | Sunset Porsche Parts

Old 02-04-2022, 01:49 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

That URL works for me and returns a part with diagram and a suggested price... cool I hadn't used that one before!

Generally I go to a link like this one, it is for a specified dealership but most seem to have them, this is Marin in California, but I have used Sunset in Oregon among others: Porsche OEM Parts | https://www.porschemarinparts.com | Porsche Marin

The "dealer based" sites generally offer a discount on the MSRP price as you can see. Here is the dealer in Oregon: 2017-2020 Porsche Rocker Molding 982-853-564-G2X | Sunset Porsche Parts

yeah, the Parts program I’m talking about is almost identical to the one the parts guy at the dealership would use. Every single part for every single car with breakdown as to trim level and option code. Not specific to a dealerships proprietary website. I was surprised the general public had access to it and it appears that it has now been disabled for the most part. We are stuck using the sun coast type interface.
Old 02-04-2022, 02:26 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

yeah, the Parts program I’m talking about is almost identical to the one the parts guy at the dealership would use. Every single part for every single car with breakdown as to trim level and option code. Not specific to a dealerships proprietary website. I was surprised the general public had access to it and it appears that it has now been disabled for the most part. We are stuck using the sun coast type interface.
So the URL that you posted above was 'not' the one that you were actually referring to?

Do you still have it?
Old 02-04-2022, 03:25 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

So the URL that you posted above was 'not' the one that you were actually referring to?

Do you still have it?
The link I provided is the URL that I used to use to access the factory parts catalog. It no longer arrives at the same destination that it used to. And I have been unable to navigate from that point to the parts catalog I am talking about. Surely somebody around here knows what I’m talking about. I accessed the parts catalog and diagrams many times back in 2018 and 2019.

If you PM me with an email address, I can send you a PDF of what I'm talking about. It's 25MB.

Last edited by SpyderSenseOC; 02-04-2022 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-04-2022, 04:11 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Let me try it again. Maybe I'm not being clear. The link I provided above is the specific website address I used to go to when I wanted to access the factory parts catalog. It IS the one I am referring to in every instance. The address is still functional in the sense that it still takes you somewhere. But it no longer takes you to the same place it used to take you. And I have been unable to find any location that does allow access to the factory parts catalog. Here are a few screen grabs of what the actual catalog looks like.

Do you still have it?

Last edited by SpyderSenseOC; 02-04-2022 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-04-2022, 04:20 PM
catdog2
Rennlist Member

Received 630 Likes on 348 Posts

One more consideration, driving my spyder in wintertime with the PCCB's has brought up some sphincter-puckering moments in the rain and cold/wet conditions. They brake very very poorly in cold wet conditions upon first application, then with use/after 2nd time they become excellent. However, if you are on cold wet highway, soon after they warm up and brake fine, they once again become ridiculously bad as they cool and get wet on subsequent first application.

They are definitely sub-par compared to irons in these conditions, of wet and cold winter, something to be aware of. The car has <6k on it and there is nothing wrong or broken with rotors or pads and they work great in all dry, non-freezing conditions.

I like the PCCBs aesthetics, their staying clean and not having to clean brake dust and the lighter subjective feel (likely placebo).

They are definitely more on-off and that can be enjoyable except when having to heel-toe but then again the 718 spyder/gt4 have auto-blip so less of an issue.

Didn't want to add fuel to the debate fire but had a rough morning drive which bordered on dangerous because of terrible initial brake performance in the PCCBs on a wet cold rainy day, so caveat emptor... (btw same deal in my F430 CCB's, terrible in cold wet conditions on first application)...

Last edited by catdog2; 02-04-2022 at 04:23 PM.
Old 02-04-2022, 04:23 PM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Received 1,570 Likes on 889 Posts

Originally Posted by catdog2
One more consideration, driving my spyder in wintertime with the PCCB's has brought up some sphincter-puckering moments in the rain and cold/wet conditions. They break very very poorly in cold wet conditions upoon first application, then with use they become excellent but if you are on cold wet highway, soon thereafter, they once again become ridiculously bad on first application. They are definitely sub-par compared to irons in these conditions, of wet and cold winter, something to be aware of.

I of course enjoy their aesthetics, their staying clean and not having to clean brake dust and the lighter subjective feel (likely placebo). They are definitely more on-off and that can be enjoyable except when having to heel-toe but then again the 718 spyder/gt4 have auto-blip so less of an issue.

Didn't want to add fuel to the debate fire but had a rough morning drive which bordered on dangerous because of terrible initial brake performance in the PCCBs on a wet cold rainy day, so caveat emptor... (btw same deal in my F430 CCB's, terrible in cold wet conditions on first application)...

Interesting.

I am in CA and we have had cold/wet weather the last 4 weeks and I have not noticed any lack of initial bite regardless of temp. or rain on mine thus far.
Old 02-04-2022, 04:23 PM
catdog2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRZ06
Interesting.

I am in CA and we have had cold/wet weather the last 4 weeks and I have not noticed any lack of initial bite regardless of temp. or rain on mine thus far.

Being in CA vs MA makes a difference, we are talking cold/freezing wet weather around 30F, so may not affect everyone but if you're in Canada/Nordic countries it will

Last edited by catdog2; 02-04-2022 at 04:25 PM.
Old 02-04-2022, 04:26 PM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Received 1,570 Likes on 889 Posts

Originally Posted by catdog2
Being in CA vs MA makes a difference, we are talking cold/freezing wet weather around 30F

Our temps. have been in the upper 30's at night and I drive it often at night. Have not noticed any change. Not saying you haven't, but I have not experienced it.
Old 02-04-2022, 04:37 PM
catdog2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRZ06
Our temps. have been in the upper 30's at night and I drive it often at night. Have not noticed any change. Not saying you haven't, but I have not experienced it.
Ok, I am writing here because I am pretty confident they are sub-par on initial application in WET/COLD conditions otherwise, i love them. I hope whoever experiences this phenomenon the first time is not in a critical braking event....
Wet as in there is spray on the brakes during driving...

Last edited by catdog2; 02-04-2022 at 05:15 PM.

Quick Reply: PCCB - It's not just the yellow calipers...