Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2021, 06:08 PM
Strazzg
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by UpstairsGT
It is a 2021 model
I was hoping to hear 2022 as it would have meant that the delay with the EPA approval was resolved. Next week should be very exciting for you! Although my car is at the port I may have to wait a few weeks before I can take delivery of my BGTS 4.0.
Old 08-15-2021, 06:30 PM
Der Tgr
Rennlist Member

Received 306 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by UpstairsGT
I soon will be graduating from the Waiting Room! I just wanted to thank you all for your stories. It has certainly helped pass the time!
My GT4 came off the Felicity Ace on 8/12 at Baltimore. The dealer received it late on Saturday 8/14 and sent me the pic below. I'm going in on Monday to take a "sneak peak" and do paperwork. It's getting PDI'ed on Monday then its off to get PPF and tint. I will take delivery soon after that. Its almost in my garage! I will post more pics from my "sneak peak" on Monday.
Congratulations! Good to see that the MY21s are getting released and delivered in short order.

Old 08-15-2021, 08:28 PM
Blainerunner
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

Is the chip shortage exclusively about 18-way seats? I hear about the shortage only ever in conjunction with those seats. FYI, I have sport seats plus.
Old 08-16-2021, 12:21 AM
swberry
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I don’t have a very clear understanding about how the order process work with Porsche. I have only owned 2 and both were purchased off the pre owned market, but I do have some very specific options I want for my next car and I will be hard pressed to find it on the used market much less considering I want a 4.0 Boxster GTS which compounds the used market thingy that much more.

If I ordered a boxster GTS today what kind of wait time do you think I could expect? I know there are a number of factors that affect this, but generally speaking what do you think? More than 6 months? Less than? Just a question for planning purposes. Thanks!!
Old 08-16-2021, 12:36 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 3,970 Likes on 1,721 Posts

I got on two waiting lists in June. Here's my time line. This is typical from what I have seen. Some are faster, many are slower/longer wait times. Get on wait lists now.

Old 08-16-2021, 05:17 AM
leaf345
Racer

Received 183 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by swberry
I don’t have a very clear understanding about how the order process work with Porsche. I have only owned 2 and both were purchased off the pre owned market, but I do have some very specific options I want for my next car and I will be hard pressed to find it on the used market much less considering I want a 4.0 Boxster GTS which compounds the used market thingy that much more.

If I ordered a boxster GTS today what kind of wait time do you think I could expect? I know there are a number of factors that affect this, but generally speaking what do you think? More than 6 months? Less than? Just a question for planning purposes. Thanks!!
You might have to wait a few months to get an allocation, and then likely a few months to get a car. I found an allocation in June for example and expected delivery is not until November. Id say more than 6 months.
Old 08-16-2021, 08:56 AM
swberry
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok that helps thanks for that info. Looks like six months or more. That’s ok on my end. I can get one more Texas fall and spring track season out of my 981. 😀
Old 08-16-2021, 11:43 AM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Received 819 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by swberry

I think the most important thing is to establish a relationship with your local dealer. Find an SA you feel comfortable with....and then keep close tabs on him/her. You have to be direct and assertive in your desire to want a car. This is where the squeaky wheel gets the grease typreof thing. The biggest product of all of this is getting an SA that will communcate directly with you and be honest about how many people are ahaed of you, if any. GTS4.0 allocations are not easy to come by. And don't be wishy washy. I always hear on here "I am not in a big hurry.....no big deal if I have to wait, etc". If you want this car you better be in a big hurry RIGHT NOW. If so, then I would say 6-12 months. Good luck!!
The following users liked this post:
UncleDude (08-16-2021)
Old 08-16-2021, 12:01 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Received 692 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by flynlo
I think the most important thing is to establish a relationship with your local dealer. Find an SA you feel comfortable with....and then keep close tabs on him/her. You have to be direct and assertive in your desire to want a car. This is where the squeaky wheel gets the grease typreof thing. The biggest product of all of this is getting an SA that will communcate directly with you and be honest about how many people are ahaed of you, if any. GTS4.0 allocations are not easy to come by. And don't be wishy washy. I always hear on here "I am not in a big hurry.....no big deal if I have to wait, etc". If you want this car you better be in a big hurry RIGHT NOW. If so, then I would say 6-12 months. Good luck!!

No, find a dealer that wants to actually sell cars. There are plenty to choose from. My local dealer is completely worthless, so I could have the best relationship in the world with them and it wouldn't matter. I wouldn't be getting a car.
Old 08-16-2021, 12:41 PM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by flynlo
I heard the gospel and invested time in establishing a relationship with my dealer. I previously bought two cars that were sitting on their lot sight unseen over the phone and never asked for a discount. Then I ordered a GTS 4.0 and discovered the relationship wasn't worth anything. I had as much luck cold calling dealers halfway across the country as I did staying loyal to a dealer where I was a repeat customer. They're just order takers that waste your time telling you how valuable your relationship with the dealer is. It's all bunk. Let multiple dealers know you want a BGTS 4.0 allocation at V200 and one will come through. Expect it to take 6 to 12 months.
The following 4 users liked this post by sanderabernathy:
AdamIsAdam (08-16-2021), Dan Nagy (08-18-2021), Paul E. Dodd (08-18-2021), smegman (08-16-2021)
Old 08-16-2021, 01:33 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Received 819 Likes on 393 Posts

Nothing wrong with a shotgun approach. But let the record show working closely with one dealer worked for me at least. Porsche North Houston values their customer base and is well regarded in our community as a reputable dealer. My biggest point being is make sure they know you are serious in buying a car. Poking around saying "I am in no hurry" gets you NOWHERE!!!
Old 08-18-2021, 02:35 AM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Received 696 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by Blainerunner
Is the chip shortage exclusively about 18-way seats? I hear about the shortage only ever in conjunction with those seats. FYI, I have sport seats plus.
As far as I know it affects the 18 way memory seats and steering wheel. It’s a temporary issue.
Old 08-18-2021, 06:35 PM
momo360
Racer

Received 196 Likes on 105 Posts

After what seems like an eternity...(about a month), my SA reached out to let me know my '22 BGTS has finally boarded the HELIOS RAY to San Diego!! Anyone know how to track this? Or figure out when it's estimated arrival date would be at the San Diego Port?
Old 08-18-2021, 06:50 PM
Z06jerry
Pro

Received 353 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by Moiz Mian
After what seems like an eternity...(about a month), my SA reached out to let me know my '22 BGTS has finally boarded the HELIOS RAY to San Diego!! Anyone know how to track this? Or figure out when it's estimated arrival date would be at the San Diego Port?
https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels...MMSI-311000321
momo360 (08-18-2021)
Old 08-18-2021, 06:57 PM
Der Tgr
Rennlist Member

Received 306 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Moiz Mian
HELIOS RAY is still in port at Emden. I use the Marine Traffic site, but once the ship gets away from land, free position updates end. You can upgrade for a minimal cost to get 24 hr access to satellite position updates. Once she leaves Emden, the ETA at each port along the way should be available.
momo360 (08-18-2021)

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...